Weather

Just thought I’d post re the weather warnings on the tv. Here in Tynemouth in the north east, we’ve had a maximum of 14c grey and overcast for the last two weeks cold to the point of putting on the :fire: so if you have sun and can sit out in the sun with a glass of wine enjoy.

1 Like

Yes. It’s been miserable here in the North East for the last 2 or 3 days. It’s forecast to get better though.

The wife has had the odd evening in the sun in the toon, all blue sky’s and sun here in South Africa :rofl::rofl: but it’s winter so 7 C in the morning and 19 max this weekend

@Quiet_ones_are_worse and @rockstar I’ve ordered the better weather for yo next week. Please don’t complain it too hot then then. :smiling_face:

1 Like

A lot of it is media exaggeration, when it snows they’re predicting the apocalypse and the same when it’s warm! A weather warning that it will be hot in June…no shit Sherlock!

5 Likes

They promise snow and it never comes :sob:

1 Like

Been so dry for 3 weeks, the trees are wilting and sapping. Cars covering in sticky stuff and it wasnt me… Its 21 degrees already and is going to be a hot day. No mow May and the council still haven’t cut the grassy area outside the flat and its about 3 ft tall now.
Feel like doing a BBQ again but hanging at the moment so it feels like a hassle in my head…
Me and OH love a good thunder storm… Watching it from 4 floors up is amazing. Hopefully we will get one this weekend… Happy weekend everyone :heart: :heart:

1 Like

We havent had rain for a month here in SW Wales, with glorious weather to enjoy, but itbis quite chilly first thing and last thing at night.
For a change it is surprising to see the West of the country (UK), getting some great weather.

1 Like

@Mr_amp_MrsDLPS
Gowing up we used to go and stay with my Mums Aunty and Uncle in Wales. Brings back many happy memories of climbing hills and watching the train with the coal trucks trundling up and down the valley… The one thing that sticks in my head as a boy, is that Wales doesnt have a sun :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: If it wasnt overcast it was doing that ‘fine rain’ thing. Such a lovely country though… and the best lamb in the world. We treat ourselves to a Welsh shoulder of lamb on special occasions. I think is the rain making the grass so lush that does it…

Well, today we managed 19c but out of the sun and in the wind you need a coat or sweater and yes its still very dry having to water the hanging baskets daily, on the plus side theres no sea fret.

It’s been hot south of Birmingham for most of the week. The all over tan is coming along nicely.

1 Like

Don’t think I’ve ever known Cornwall have so much consistent sun in the 12 years I’ve been here. Absolutely loving it :sunny::sunny::sunny: lots of fun in the garden

1 Like

Coldest day for me this week was Thursday morning when we stopped for breakfast in whitley bay,(that breeze was sharp) but it’s been dry all week.
Moffat in the Scottish Borders(1 night)Amble int North East(2nights) and Yorkshire (3nights)
There’s a chance of getting wet today ont ride home but it doesn’t really matter. Shropshire had a thunderstorm yesterday afternoon but is dry again apparently.

Being winter here right now we are maxing out at 18 or 19 degrees these days. Freezing nights and Chilly days but is quite pleasant in the sun.

@DevilishDan
Where are you… Guessing Oz or something

18 /19 in the uk would be a nice day. @DevilishDan

South Africa???

@Davey123 you must therefore try Gower salt marsh lamb, out of this world!!

In Australia :slight_smile: @Craig1234 @steve19 @Davey123
I would say a sunny 25 degrees is the perfect day. Warm, but you’re not sweating all over the place. 30-35degreee is the usual for our summer

1 Like

@Mr_amp_MrsDLPS
We definitely will… I have heard of it.