How do you know your stocking size?

Ok,ive never worn stockings before but so i bought a pair of lovehoney plus size stockings, im 5’7” size 18 (20 on a bad day) so thought size 18-24 should do.
But i cant seem to get them high enough up my leg. Even when i tried the attach the stockings before you put them on thing, still no dice.
I had this issue with a pair of lovehoney hold ups too, but its less critical they reach with those.
Do i need to go up a size or something?

1 Like

I have the same trouble with stockings and hold ups.
So last time I got the next size up, the stockings were better. But the hold ups not really, they just never seem to fit well, always rolling down and it really irritates me.

Same problem here too. Hold-ups are virtually a no-no, but I can normally find stockings by going to a much bigger size. Manufacturers seem to forget anyone above a size 10 have hips as well as height.

1 Like

Thanks @Cupc8kes @KinkyMira, looks like a bigger size is worth a go. :+1:

3 Likes

I’m only 5 ft 1 so literally everything is going to be too high for me so I never really bother to be honest. Some clothes for the lower half can literally go all the way up to my chest in some cases. It sucks being so short.

2 Likes

My sister is 5ft, so i know what you mean. She often has to roll trousers up alot or get them adjusted. Definetly worth finding someone who does adjustments im my opinion. Even i get stuff taken in. Makes clothes buying less tricky

1 Like

@Green_Eyed_Girl one time I ordered some pants in the size I usually am and they were like 3 times the length of my legs and too wide. They were literally clown pants.

2 Likes

I have the same problem at 5 ft 3. I have been known to trip over the front of a midi skirt and buy a mini skirt as a knee length one! I’m always a bit baffled when I buy a chemise or short skirt that is too short on me - what would they be like on someone of average or above average height!

In terms of stockings, I have wide thighs and even as a short person they often don’t quite come up high enough. But if I buy tights from other places, I often find that they pool at the ankles because they are too long!

The place I get mine from oonly has 3 options, O/S, standard and tall. Being tall, that’s what I order and they fit perfectly.

1 Like

didnt really consider myself tall, but i do tend to buy long in trousers so its obviosuly the issue :thinking:

1 Like

There is sizing on the back of the ones I’ve bought from a high street store… naturally I’m a bit taller than most women, so need to buy bigger sizes anyway. Always slightly awkward asking the sales assistant to check the stock room for my size!