How lovely

Awww bless you all... This thread is so sweet

I know! It's lovely :-)

hmmm i am very body conscious, just sent my first ever full length pic which i was quite proud of as i thought i looked okay ish lol, and got a meh back from other half..

confidence zero

The thing with complimenting the OH on here is that you believe us. When I compliment her directly the response is normally one of:
- You're just trying to cheer me up
- You're just being nice to get more sex
- You might think that, but no one else does

We just need to find the secret switch to make our OHs body confident and to see themselves as we see them.

StHubbins, I must admit that I'm guilty of thinking something similar, too, when my partner compliments me. It's kind of like, "Well, thank you for saying/thinking so, but I don't see it or believe it myself. Still, thank you." I don't usually say that, though - I kinda search for words and then stammer a thank you, which is just awkward. orz

But, well, I find it hard to take compliments, anyway... ^^; And I get all flustered if someone compliments me.

Anyway, I agree that it's lovely seeing all the compliments and all the wonderful things people have to say about their OHs. It's really sweet and heart-warming. :)

Awwww this thread is so lovely, making me feel all warm and fuzzy :)

My partners the same, always full of lovely compliments. I don't always believe him of course, just the way many of us are im afraid but overall Its done wonders for my confidence. I feel much better about myself than i used to thanks to him :)

Candied Citrus that sounds so like me! I don't know how to take a compliment and I don't know what to say when I get one. Soooo awkward!

And yeh StHubbins, I totally believe you guys when I read what you've said about your OH's.

In my case, I suppose I have an idea of the perfect female body and features..........and I've not got it lol!!!

Sarah 77 wrote:

Candied Citrus that sounds so like me! I don't know how to take a compliment and I don't know what to say when I get one. Soooo awkward!

Yes, exactly! I have no idea how I'm supposed to respond or react or anything.

I am the worst at receiving compliments. orz

Fizz and Sparkle. Don't feel too down about what your OH said... He might have been having a bad day... Am sure if you posted a picture on here we would all tell you how we think you look and I'm sure you look amazing.x HUGS

Yep, me too Candied Citrus!

Fizz and Sparkle, I agree with AlaineB. Don't feel deflated hun

Sarah 77 wrote:

In my case, I suppose I have an idea of the perfect female body and features..........and I've not got it lol!!!

Assuming your profile picture is you, then this is total nonsense. Everything looking good, but we can't see your face, so is the problem there?

Is your nose on upside-down?

What do you do when it rains, you might drown? If you sneeze does it shoot up in the air?

I can see that would be a problem, but if that's not your issue, then you're talking nonsense.

It is me in my profile picture yes, and I can assure you my nose is the right way up lol!
I'll consider myself told off! Lol ;-) ;-)

On a serious note, it's just one of those things with us women and believe you me. If I knew where that bloody switch was, I'd press it myself! Ha!

Phew I was getting worried thinking that maybe that was the reason you insisted on hanging off that pole upside down lo

Mozzalini wrote:

She does come on here and she does appreciate the comments, but she's still a bit lacking self confidence. I uploaded a new photo today (hopefully viewable tomorrow) and I think she looks fantastic (she's in her 40s and has had 2 kids). She wasn't to sure about it but let me post it anyway.

Wow! I would not give her more than 30! Kids? Fuhgetabouit!

BTW that's one hot outfit, would love for OH to be waiting for me in bed in that for my birthday

Have to say that it is sad that some men don't make much effort and it doesn't take much to make you ladies happy. The classic for me is I know my Wifey loves flowers so I do buy them regularly. I had 3 blokes come into our house over the weekend, in one way or another they all implied that I was in trouble or done something wrong to have bought her flowers. How sad and negative

Lol! Nope, I'm afraid I just enjoy hanging upside down by my bare limbs. It's a lot of fun :-)

GG, that is a very negative response indeed but at the same time it doesn't surprise me. Not every man is like my Mickus, or yourself, Mr Mozz, FrumCouple or Mr Hubbins unfortunately! There's not enough of you guys around these days. I'm a lucky lady to be able to say I've got one of them :-)

Sarah 77 wrote:

FrumCouple wrote:

Sarah I must say your posts are very heartwarming too, it's apparent from your posts all over the forum how much you ADORE your OH

Aww, thank you. Such a lovely thing to say and I'm glad that comes across because I do

Thank you FrumCouple

Im a lucky bloke, weve been together for 19years, through thick and thin together and we are still mad about each other (even though sometimes we get mad at each other!!). Sarah too finds recieving compliments hard, I tell her she looks gorg in the morning and I get the 'look', I tell her when shes spend 3 hrs getting ready to go out and she still gives me the 'look'!!!

I do lack in the flower Dept though, maybe need a kick up the ass there

What's the 'look' I give?
Is it the 'yeh, right, whatever, I don't believe you' look? Lol!! ;)