How not to walk like a man in drag

The other night my OH pointed to a new pair of shoes in the house and told me to try them on. They were ankle boots with a thick 3-4 inch heel. I put them on and they fitted. I stood up and managed to walk about in them ok. It felt naughty and nice wearing them and I started to get hard luckily she didn't see me get hard. She told me not to get any ideas about wearing them. She asked me to walk about a bit more and started to laugh and said I walk like a man in drag. I asked her what it was that made me look like it and she couldn't answer and 1st but said it could be my trousers I was wearing. I said next time I would wear my (womens) skinny jeans (and my knickers) to see if that looked better. Any suggestions on how to stop walking like a man and drag and more like a woman.

Thanks all

I've been told I have an extremely unfeminine gait when I wear high heels. I normally topple over in them because I overbalance and I'm probably more cautious (I'm concentrating on not falling over). I think it's just a case of practice makes perfect.

If I am going to wear high heels I pretend I'm a mermaid and walk around on tiptoes like I'm swimming in the sea. It looks odd, but it helps me get used to walking with my heels higher than my toes. Plus, it makes me feel very carefree which relaxes me.

Alicia thanks for the advice. I just hope that I get the chance to try walking in heals again soon. Turns out the shoes belong to a friend of the OH and had been left behind but have since been collected. I have been practising this advice today but alas either in trainers or bare feet. Feels really odd placing my feet in front of each other but the hip sway really helps.