How to bring up the subject of role play.

Iwish wrote:

I am with you on this I just wish she would tell me about her turn ons and fantasies how do I approach the subject,the thing is we have been married for 13 years and I was happy with things but now my sexual needs have changed so I feel embarrassed to bring up this now when I haven't before does that make sense.

I fully understand how you feel, I have been married 15 years and my sexual needs have also changed. Partly being the children are a little older now and we get more time to ourselves to experiement. I have always wanted to dress up for my hubby so have taken Halloween as the perfect excuse to make a start. I first started to mention dressing up a week or so ago, very casually, then asked him if we could go shopping this weekend. Just casually mentioned I wanted to go in a particular shop which I knew would be selling the sort of thing I had in mind. Asked him what he liked in there, just to get him thinking. We went for lunch, I just mentioned I wanted to go back into the shop and try some things on. He replied that he thought he should take our daughter to a different shop and keep her distracted. I went shopping, met up with him about 20 mins later, was all very easy. He doesn't know it yet but I do plan to buy lots of dressing up outfits, for me it's not so much the roll play, I like the idea of dressing up and looking sexy for him. I found this the easiest way for me to approach the idea rather than asking him outright, I didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable by asking him outright. I have also mentioned this site and he knows I have ordered a few bits, just introducing everything slowly to him.....my wild side is definately coming out, I just hope he likes it.

kelly514 wrote:

Iwish wrote:

I am with you on this I just wish she would tell me about her turn ons and fantasies how do I approach the subject,the thing is we have been married for 13 years and I was happy with things but now my sexual needs have changed so I feel embarrassed to bring up this now when I haven't before does that make sense.

I fully understand how you feel, I have been married 15 years and my sexual needs have also changed. Partly being the children are a little older now and we get more time to ourselves to experiement. I have always wanted to dress up for my hubby so have taken Halloween as the perfect excuse to make a start. I first started to mention dressing up a week or so ago, very casually, then asked him if we could go shopping this weekend. Just casually mentioned I wanted to go in a particular shop which I knew would be selling the sort of thing I had in mind. Asked him what he liked in there, just to get him thinking. We went for lunch, I just mentioned I wanted to go back into the shop and try some things on. He replied that he thought he should take our daughter to a different shop and keep her distracted. I went shopping, met up with him about 20 mins later, was all very easy. He doesn't know it yet but I do plan to buy lots of dressing up outfits, for me it's not so much the roll play, I like the idea of dressing up and looking sexy for him. I found this the easiest way for me to approach the idea rather than asking him outright, I didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable by asking him outright. I have also mentioned this site and he knows I have ordered a few bits, just introducing everything slowly to him.....my wild side is definately coming out, I just hope he likes it.

I hope you have fun,but at least you took the lead and did something about it,my wife would never dream of going off on her own and doing that sort of thing,is it me or does it seem easier for women to suggest things to there partners rather then men suggesting things it is really confusing on how to judge things.

its far easier for a women to take the lead, and go out and buy toys and lingerie then it is for a man ,its not knowing what a women is thinking at that time,some days i would have loved my partner to have bought me a nice lingerie set or bra and knicker set ,to treat me show me he thinks im sexy and then other days id be like hmm im i not sexy enough for you why do i need that lol im not wearing it take it back,so on and id prob go off at him, thinking oh he just wants sex now, i just would just that intention all wrong being self concious,and body concious sucks lol hence now i buy my toys and lingerie because my partner hates the arguments, and the not knowing what my mood is hes worried he might get a vibro at his head somedays lol

us women are complicated but i do think a lot of lovely compliments will be nice show her how sexy she is and maybe have a chat about some nice underwear and look at some bits get an idea of what she likes talking really helps you know your partner

I compliment her all the time,I know talking is the way to go just don't know how to broach the subject as we have never talked about this before.

Iwish wrote:

I compliment her all the time,I know talking is the way to go just don't know how to broach the subject as we have never talked about this before.

Always look at lovehoney together :) say you are wanting to treat her get her something nice but not really sure what she would like

get her involved in the forum, if its a body issue then it might help to here what other people have to say, not just you, she might think think you have to say she is attractive where as the people on here dont have to but most likely will.

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

Iwish wrote:

Always look at lovehoney together :) say you are wanting to treat her get her something nice but not really sure what she would like

We are not together this week as I am working nights but I might suggest she looks at the site and see if there in anything she likes,I did catch her looking at an email from LH about toys which is how we ended up with our first toys which we got a week or so ago,I quizzed her about it and she said she might get a toy so I beat her too it and got a cock ring and a bullet vibe.

Iwish wrote:

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

Iwish wrote:

We are not together this week as I am working nights but I might suggest she looks at the site and see if there in anything she likes,I did catch her looking at an email from LH about toys which is how we ended up with our first toys which we got a week or so ago,I quizzed her about it and she said she might get a toy so I beat her too it and got a cock ring and a bullet vibe.

Thats where me and my partner started and well i have at least 40 toys now lol :)

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

Iwish wrote:

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

Iwish wrote:

Thats where me and my partner started and well i have at least 40 toys now lol :)

Wow jealous.i bet you have lots of fun.i read people exploits on here and get really jealous maybe there is hope for me yet.

Iwish wrote:

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

Iwish wrote:

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

Iwish wrote:

Wow jealous.i bet you have lots of fun.i read people exploits on here and get really jealous maybe there is hope for me yet.

Baby steps i still feel embarrased about using toys with my partner :) or my partner watching me use toys but im getting use to it now wands are quite nice to start with as you can use them for massage aswell as play

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

Iwish wrote:

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

Iwish wrote:

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

Iwish wrote:

Baby steps i still feel embarrased about using toys with my partner :) or my partner watching me use toys but im getting use to it now wands are quite nice to start with as you can use them for massage aswell as play

I must admit I didn't get embarrassed using the ring I found it very enjoyable and so did my wife,we haven't used the vibe yet,I can't imagine her using it on her own.the toys turn me on but not as much as sexy lingerie or costumes especially teamed with heels or boots,my wife knows I have a thing for boots as well.

Iwish wrote:

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

Iwish wrote:

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

Iwish wrote:

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

Iwish wrote:

I must admit I didn't get embarrassed using the ring I found it very enjoyable and so did my wife,we haven't used the vibe yet,I can't imagine her using it on her own.the toys turn me on but not as much as sexy lingerie or costumes especially teamed with heels or boots,my wife knows I have a thing for boots as well.

hmmmm boot shopping :)

Good idea

Iwish wrote:

Good idea

you love boots she loves boots then you could add a sexy outfit to the mix sorted :)

Could you take her away for a night? Go shopping, start with the boots, then a dress, then lingerie to wear under it. Mark and Spencers do lovely stuff thats not too out there.

That's a great idea I will have to look into it.boots and sexy outfit mmmmmmmmm

Shopping Trip :)

LillMissBabe is proof of what confidence can do for you, her attitude towards herself has changed amazingly since being on the forum, some awesome sexy pics of her lovely curvy body that she would never have put on the forum before, she was so hard on herself for all the wrong reasons, she reminds me so much of my OH after she had our kids, she wouldn't listen to me about her body too but then we found Lovehoney and "SEX" and we've never looked back, So proud of the both of you! X

Yes man wrote:

LillMissBabe is proof of what confidence can do for you, her attitude towards herself has changed amazingly since being on the forum, some awesome sexy pics of her lovely curvy body that she would never have put on the forum before, she was so hard on herself for all the wrong reasons, she reminds me so much of my OH after she had our kids, she wouldn't listen to me about her body too but then we found Lovehoney and "SEX" and we've never looked back, So proud of the both of you! X

Aww Yes man bless ya thank you :) it is amazing what lovehoney does for ones confidence and what lovely people like yourself do and well you have one very sexy oh :) i love the pics she is very sexy in the nurses outfit you are a lucky man

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

Yes man wrote:

Aww Yes man bless ya thank you :) it is amazing what lovehoney does for ones confidence and what lovely people like yourself do and well you have one very sexy oh :) i love the pics she is very sexy in the nurses outfit you are a lucky man

Thanks LillMissBabe, I pinch myself every day to remind myself how lucky I am to have my OH, she's an amazing wife in every way, and even better in the bedroom! lol