How to bring up the subject of role play.

Hi how do I bring up the subject of role play with my wife,she knows I have a thing for nurses and I would love to see her in a nurses outfit but I am afraid to ask in case of rejection how did you bring up the subject of role play/fetishes with your partners.

Any chance you could dress up as a doctor? Maybe she feels silly dressing up so if your dressed up too she might feel better? I'm sure she wouldn't reject you then if you've gone to that length.

I would love my hubby to dress up as a fire man. Swoon!

Maybe there is some thing you could dress up as first?

Maybe watch a film with something like that in it, make a joke like " we should
Do that some day" see how her reaction is. Don't ask you don't know 😆 good luck u maybe surprised she could be thinking the se thing as you x

crazy horse wrote:

Any chance you could dress up as a doctor? Maybe she feels silly dressing up so if your dressed up too she might feel better? I'm sure she wouldn't reject you then if you've gone to that length.

I would love my hubby to dress up as a fire man. Swoon!

Maybe there is some thing you could dress up as first?

I don't know if she finds doctors a turn on,I have mentioned the nurse outfit before but she just dismisses it without reason.

If you see an outfit you would like her to dress up in maybe point it out and just ask her if she likes it and see how she reacts. I know if hubby pointed something out to me and asked me if I liked it, I'd be straight in there to check if they had my size.

You might be plesantly surprised by her reaction... as already said, if you don't ask you will never know.

for me i lack confidence so role play for me would be more of a pain than a pleasure, i would feel really silly dressed up, pretending to be a nurse or something else, i have a maids outfit but i just cant get over the feeling daft ,and doing the whole roleplay thing makes me nervous and uneasy so my partner avoids this type of play with me

i wish i could offer some helpful advice to you sorry im not much help :( you could always point some nice outfits out to her get a jist of what she is into i do like the dressing in pvc and spanking my oh lol

I'm quite awks about role play too, but I find maid the easiest as you can just chuck on the outfit and start cleaning the house ;) you just need to be open with her and say you'd love a nurse costume - I'm trying to get my mans turn ons and fantasies out of him and it's like blood from a stone....so me personally, I would love someone to just come straight out and tell me! :)

MissChar wrote:

I'm quite awks about role play too, but I find maid the easiest as you can just chuck on the outfit and start cleaning the house ;) you just need to be open with her and say you'd love a nurse costume - I'm trying to get my mans turn ons and fantasies out of him and it's like blood from a stone....so me personally, I would love someone to just come straight out and tell me! :)

I am with you on this I just wish she would tell me about her turn ons and fantasies how do I approach the subject,the thing is we have been married for 13 years and I was happy with things but now my sexual needs have changed so I feel embarrassed to bring up this now when I haven't before does that make sense.

we do loads of rp now.

we first discussed it early in relationship as wife did a lot of lingerie dress up for pics etc.

i suggested we do some fantasy shoots and she just said surprise me.

schoolgirl was on its way within minutes and from then we started to discuss fantasy situations which we then roleplayed x

Does she dress up or wear lingerie at all? Maybe start with that... :)

MissChar wrote:

No not at all.

MissChar wrote:

think Miss Char is right maybe a nice lingerie set to start off with would be good,a baby doll is great if she is a bit body concious it covers the right places and isnt tight fitting

Iwish wrote:

MissChar wrote:

No not at all.

Ok well I'd defo start there then. Why don't you start really small, like sexy sleepwear or something, get her to have a look at all the lingerie on here and pick some colours and styles she likes. Once she's tried lingerie it could really boost her confidence, and I'm sure she will love the effects it has on you, and the you could look at costumes together and steer her towards nurse :)

and of course keep reassuring how great she will look and how much it will turn you on x

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

MissChar wrote:

think Miss Char is right maybe a nice lingerie set to start off with would be good,a baby doll is great if she is a bit body concious it covers the right places and isnt tight fitting

She is defineatly body conscious with her mummy tummy,although we have recently experimented with sex toys so there maybe hope yet,I think I beat myself up over this subject time and time again,I suffer with a bit of PE so I wonder if she thinks why bother to get all dressed up if it isn't going to last long and we never seem to get any kid free time.i am starting to go on a bit aren't i.

After having my boys, i went from a slim size 12-14 to a curvy size 16-18 i lost my confidence and then lived in big girls pants comfy pjs, and just hid my body.it was not until i came onto lovehoney and started getting lovely compliments, that i started to buy myself lots of nice knickers and lingerie, even now somedays, i feel like an elephant, but my other half always tells me how sexy i look, and just how much i turn him on, when im dressed up i think starting off slowly and building it up worked for me because now i have pictures up on lovehoney which would have never happend a few months ago

i understand kid free time is rare here also ,we try and grab moments when they are asleep but by then im tired or my other half is so romance goes out the window its a bit of a quickie,

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

After having my boys, i went from a slim size 12-14 to a curvy size 16-18 i lost my confidence and then lived in big girls pants comfy pjs, and just hid my body.it was not until i came onto lovehoney and started getting lovely compliments, that i started to buy myself nice knickers and lingerie, even now somedays, i feel like an elephant, but my other half always tells me how sexy i look, and just how much i turn him on, when im dressed up i think starting off slowly and building it up worked for me because now i have pictures up on lovehoney which would have never happend a few months ago

and may i just say what gorgeous pics they are x

paul10 wrote:

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

After having my boys, i went from a slim size 12-14 to a curvy size 16-18 i lost my confidence and then lived in big girls pants comfy pjs, and just hid my body.it was not until i came onto lovehoney and started getting lovely compliments, that i started to buy myself nice knickers and lingerie, even now somedays, i feel like an elephant, but my other half always tells me how sexy i look, and just how much i turn him on, when im dressed up i think starting off slowly and building it up worked for me because now i have pictures up on lovehoney which would have never happend a few months ago

Aww thankies Paul10 :)

paul10 wrote:

LilMissMardyBum wrote:

+1

On Topic though,

For us, we don't Role Play. I love getting dressed up but thats where it ends. I sometimes dress in a maids outfit but i think if i started to clean the bedroom the GF would let me get on with it. lol.

I'd recommend trying to boost her confidence a little first. Spend lots of time showing your appreciation for your OHs beautiful body. kiss every inch of her, all up her back, all down her front, inner things, arms etc. don't just focus on the important bits ; ) compliment her, EG: tell her how much you love the little dimples on her lower back just above her sexy bum. tel her how gorgeous her neck is as you gently kiss up around behind her ears. etc.

get some candles, some massage oils, give her a lovely back massage for at least 20 minutes, then give her a full frontal massage, breasts, legs, arms etc, agian for at least 20 minutes. tell her how gorgeous she is, how much she drives you mad etc. then kiss her passionately and then go to sleep, this shows appreciation for her and her body without you expecting "something" to happen.

(its all about building foundations, you can then build on those solid foundations in the future with clothes etc etc.)

I'm sure some of the ladies here could give more tips on confidence boosts though.

Any tips on boosting confidence,experiences etc.thanks for all your replies,sometimes I just don't where to turn.