I don't masturabate. That's digusting.

Come again?

Has anyone else ever heard something similar? Maybe I went to school with way too many Catholic girls but I'm was shocked at the number that not only claimed to have never touched themselves but also demmed it to be gross and deviant.

In comparison I have only come across one man who said he never ever jerked off. For real. Apparently Jesus was better.

My OH is a former catholic school girl and she has never denied masterbating.

Personally I think anybody who says they don't is talking out of their arse.

If we are all honest we all feel the need to do it and we all do. Maybe more often than than some of admit to but still.

Why would you not want too!? :)

ValleyBoyo1980 wrote:

If we are all honest we all feel the need to do it and we all do. Maybe more often than than some of admit to but still.

Thats probably a little unfair. If you have been told its dirty or wrong it can take a lifetime to get over it. Some ppl can find it hard to come to terms with the fact they have an urge to touch themselfs and can feel a tremendus amount of guilt for doing so.

One of the girls i went to uni with wasnt religious, but i think afraid about exploring herself. She met her bloke at uni and they were together 3 years - never had sex, she saw him naked once and came straight to me to tell me how gross it was!

She found another housemate's rabbit once which was a bit gross because it wasnt clean but other than that i had no problems with it. uni is a time and place for people to experiment, we tried to talk to her about masturbation but she would always change the subject, but did once admit she had never touched herself in that way and wasnt even curious! I just feel sorry for her not enjoying her body to its full potential!

x

For a very long time I found touching myself a little disgusting, this however was more because I didn;'t like the way it felt (on my hands) nor did it give me any pleasure. It wasn't the act in and of itself, only in relation to my genitals. I did not (really and truthfully) masturbate until I was 19. My then-boyfriend was rather frustrated- we were not sexually active and he lived on the other side of the country for a year, deciding that this must also be true of me (I did enjoy the other physical intimacy we had) he bought me a vibrator! A wee red clitoral one by fun factory. That I did enjoy. I no longer experience any disgust at bits of myself (a feeling which was taught neither by my parents or the church!) but nor can I bring myself to orgasm with fingers, it just feels weird.

Yes I have heard similar, and from all walks of life! Equally I was told by an atheistic male student friends that 'food sex is disgusting', 'Oh my god, you actually have toys?!' among others

Puppies77 wrote:

ValleyBoyo1980 wrote:

Thats probably a little unfair. If you have been told its dirty or wrong it can take a lifetime to get over it. Some ppl can find it hard to come to terms with the fact they have an urge to touch themselfs and can feel a tremendus amount of guilt for doing so.

Fair comment. I still think that even if people feel guily about doing it they still do when they really get that urge

I actually understand what she means by 'not even being curious'. It's unusual but some of us just don't crave that. It wasn't until I tried the vibe that I actually had any inclination towards exploring or curiousity. Full potential would seem to be more of a process, and should probably always be qualified by 'up to this point in time'

I've heard people admit they've never masturbated, but I find the whole concept completely alien and i will never understand why someone people think it's disgusting.

I think it's a shame if people can't bring themselves to explore their own bodies - how will you know what you like if you don't have a go with yourself?! :)

I've heard a lot of people say that anal is disgusting, but i can understand that view-point a little more since it can be painful, and there is always the threat of poo i guess, lol!

Meh, each to their own. :-)

I know a couple of friends of mine who have girls that are aged about 7 are having to have that conversation at the moment about not touching themselves at school/the dinner table/etc. Not quite what you're asking but that was my first thought!

Gen 30:10

"And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also."

Seed spilling is bad...

Hmmm probably best for me to leave religious baggage at the door before I go all ranty...

Errrr... I'm come across many people who claim not to... and not believed a word. Still being a taboo its unsurprising many people still keep 'their dirty little secret'.

Rowan wrote:

I actually understand what she means by 'not even being curious'. It's unusual but some of us just don't crave that. It wasn't until I tried the vibe that I actually had any inclination towards exploring or curiousity. Full potential would seem to be more of a process, and should probably always be qualified by 'up to this point in time'

I guess it explains why men don't seem to have such a problem! You can't help but explore really.

ValleyBoyo1980 wrote:

Fair comment. I still think that even if people feel guily about doing it they still do when they really get that urge

I have masterbated and do, but not very often so I can understand people who don't. If you never discover masterbation before your first relationship, then have enough sex in your relationship for yourself - I have quite a low libido and WandA has a high one so I get more than enough from sex without needing to masterbate and I don't really enjoy coming all that much - I know it's hard to believe but it annoys me that it's drummed into us that we MUST ADORE orgasms! I just don't really like them....I mean sometimes I NEED to come, but often I don't really feel like it, I can be satisfied sexually without orgasming. Anyway, my point is, there will be some people out there who have never really considered it. Many people who say they don't probably do just feel too embarrassed to say, but some people will be being honest and that's fair enough.

It is (unfortunately) still pretty taboo for a woman to admit to.

Ax

Why can't I spell masturbate?

Grrr - sorry about that!

Ax

AdnaW wrote:

Why can't I spell masturbate?

Grrr - sorry about that!

Ax

You need to practice masturbation AdnaW...

Well I have no problem in admitting that I masturbate and think its perfectly healthy. I sometimes catch my youngest who's 6 sitting on the sofa rubbing herself between the legs and although I was a little shocked I thought about it lodically and had a little chat with her (as well as u can with a six yr old). She told me its nice so i said thats fine but maybe somthing she shouldnt do when other ppl are around. I often go to check on her in the night to find her fast asleep with her hand in her knickers.

Well I know quite alot of little boys that do that but never any little girls till mine now. I will however say that she has never seen me do it lol

Interesting - I feel very much like Rowan in that I can't say I enjoy the feeling on my hands either. However, since I brought my first vibrator about 2 years ago I found out how much I love playing with toys whether on my own or with my OH.

I suppose if I hadn't have met my very highly charged OH at a young age, I probably would have experimented more and learned how to enjoy it rather than being completely happy with what we did together.

However, since that first toy, I've experiemented more but still need a bullet to help or I don't enjoy it:-)

oh bloody hell my speling mistake there's a bit shaming.

Tigerlilies wrote:

oh bloody hell my speling mistake there's a bit shaming.

I noticed that after I noticed my own - easy mistake to make hehe!

Ax