masturbating

this may be hard to believe but my oh age 53 has never ever tried masturbation i think this is not normal . i do it a couple of times a week i have ask her to join in with me but she wont, is she just a prude ???

No. Some people just don't masturbate and that's totally fine.

Just curious here and you don't have to answer, but was she raised in a religious family or household where masturbation was considered 'dirty' or 'wrong'?

I don't think it's not normal there are probably a lot of people (women mainly) who don't masturbate, I do think it is a shame tho that she hasn't experienced the pleasures. I wouldn't call her a prude I think she just grown up in the wrong generation ( I don't mean any offence by that) maybe you just need to talk to her about it and explain that exploring your own body is beautiful and amazing and that there is completely nothing wrong with it. Me and my girlfriend masturbate together sometimes when we are a bit tired but horny, it feels amazing knowing you are both masturbating over each other masturbating.

We tried this recently with a vibrator but Mrs GV whilst happy to try it didn't manage to quite get there. I often masturbate over her. Not sure how to handle the next attempt: leave her to it, stay and encourage or just watch? Bit of a tricky one - but she is keen to try again. Any suggestions anyone out there? OH

I don't find it hard to believe. It's not something I often do, perhaps 4 or 5 times in my life. I just don't really enjoy it. I've been called a prude for it and it is quite hurtful, she's perfectly normal.

Each to their own! Maybe she has, but it's her thing and doesn't want to share!

Daleh90... I find that comment really sexist... "woman mainly don't masturbate"!!!! And you know this how? I hope your comment has facts to back this up, as I'm quite sure as many woman as men like to masturbate! Just because it's not as widely broadcast, does not make it so! Woman are simply a bit more humble and don't feel the need to shout it from the rooftops. We all have needs and (regardless of gender) if a little solo action hits the spot, then so be it! Me personally (and 100% know I am not alone) have a very high sex drive, so when the urge arises and my hubby isn't present, will sort myself out! These forums are for personal opinions and "friendly" discussions... Certainly not to pass jusdgement and offend! By all means say what you think, but please try not offend. Opinions are appreciated, passing judgement is not! Your post is spot on, but that one point just wasnt needed.

I have to agree with SmokingHotLove in regards to Daleh90's comment. I don't think it's fair to say that people who do not masturbate are mainly women. You may get this bias fron the fact that there plenty of factors in our society that may influence men and women over saying they do masturbate or don't (like men being expected to be addicted to sex, and women being expected to be "pure" and not masturbate or enjoy sex as much etc). Men and women are both free to like masturbating or not, and to do it or not. It has nothing to do with gender, it only has to do with the individual. I agree about the rest of your post though.

And I think that using the word "prude" just adds up to what I said above. People are entitled to do what they like in regards to masturbation, and that does not mean anything. One can enjoy masturbation without being a pervert, so why couldn't someone dislike it without being prude? So yeah, your oh IS normal.

It may depend on how you are asking her to join in too. seriously, I do masturbate, probably more than my bf does, and if he'd tell me something like "I'm going to masturbate, wanna join in? ;)" I'd just say no cause I'd feel like he doesn't wanna have sex with me (something like mutual masturbation or something), but only wants me to "do the job for him", which I am not comfortable with.

So like I said, it all depends on HOW you ask. And if you did ask correctly and she still said no, then it's simply not her thing and you gotta respect that.

But you know.. that's my opinion

In the past I'm sandwiched between being happy within the 4 walls and religion. I first learned how to do it when I was *edited by moderator* , lol...now I'm my forties. 3 to 4 times weekly and sometimes more. Sex is a dirty thing in my up bringing. I was taught it's incorrect to do it and it's against the Creator's intention so I stopped. I met my husband and my sex life took a change for the better. Perhaps long we have bent the rules to fulfill our 'sinful' desires. But is it really termed 'sinful' or a need. A need that has to be met. I'm a lot happier after marrying to husband. For the last 23 years we often do it together and many times with toys we bought. We even gone kinky and played BDSM. Think it will be more sinful to us if happiness cannot be found either doing it solo or as a couple.

Sorry if I've caused any offence to anyone it wasn't my intention to come across sexist I was just speaking from personal experience, where a lot of women I've been with or spoken with don't masturbate or do it very rarely, I was just sharing my personal experiences and I do agree that everyone has there own preferences. I am sorry for offending some people 🙁

Daleh90 wrote:

Sorry if I've caused any offence to anyone it wasn't my intention to come across sexist I was just speaking from personal experience, where a lot of women I've been with or spoken with don't masturbate or do it very rarely, I was just sharing my personal experiences and I do agree that everyone has there own preferences. I am sorry for offending some people 🙁

Don't worry about it, but like I said, the reason why you're experience is such may be because of a bias about expectations towrads genders. what people say might not always be what people do.

I got that you're goal wasn't to offend people, and I didn't feel offended. Sorry if I came across as mad or anything :P

I can see how it came across that way it wasn't my intention I was trying defend the lady in question
And yeah you came across like a psycho mad woman 😜 Only joking hehe

You don't have to apologise. The majority of the post was spot on, just get a wee bit annoyed when people aim a comment at a specific sex! Apologies for my rant, but if something gets my back up I will say my piece ✌️️

It's ok I wasn't aiming it at gender in a malicious way I was trying to make the point that she was normal for not mastubating

My cat seems to get his end away more than me. Keep catching the little filth bag humping my blankets!!!!!

It's not unusual. One thing is that by and large female sexuality is still something society is uncomfortable about and has its head in the sand over and that has an influence on people's attitudes and behaviours. It's still more acceptable for a man to want and enjoy sex but loads of people, present company excepted, still have this belief that women don't really like sex, have to be persuaded or cajoled into it and won't ask for it. That also applies to masturbation.

Personally I tend not to as I can find it almost like tickling myself if that makes sense? I have found that experimenting with various toys has helped make that easier in exploration and finding what works for me so I do get more from it.

I grew up with a sense that my family felt sex was dirty, shameful and embarrassing because they never spoke to me about it or anything related to it! I found out from a book on the human body myself! Curiosity led me to discover why people felt that way and to challenge that thinking. Now it's something I don't have those feelings about and if I ever have children I have promised that I won't deal with it in the same way as my parents did.

NaughtyNerd wrote:

My cat seems to get his end away more than me. Keep catching the little filth bag humping my blankets!!!!!

🤣 award for most hilarious comment this week! 😍

@RosieCheek you are welcome. ha
Don't know why he does it, he doesn't have any conkers but clear still has the urge. He wore him self out with he own blanket the other day and couldn't walk and fell off the sofa!! Poor lad!

Masturbation is completely normal but it's normal to not try it either , it depends on the person. For me I only masturbate, when I'm in the mood especially when I haven't been with anyone for years . But some women might think its dirty or weird to do it, while some masturbate as much as men do.

My wife is 36 and never done it. Sadly, I feel our sex life is poorer for it. Virtually all help articles online point first and foremost to women exploring and knowing their own bodies so as to direct us clueless men. If only she knew how much I would do just in the name of pleasing her.

My attitude towards sex has evolved greatly since I was younger and I view it as this wide, adventurous world of mutual pleasure to be explored with her. Much to my regret now and to my fears for the future she's stuck in neutral.

to be honest i can not believe that no one has ever done it :/ you get that erge it has to be done