I need your help! - Players of the games - check here for how to put them back on the homepage

Hey All,

Happy New Year!

I’ve been squirreling around on the internet and I think I might have found a nifty little trick to apply here.

I am planning to make the game topics mute by default - which means they won’t show up on the “latest” page for new users (who generally come here looking for advice) as there is quite a handful permanently on the homepage. This is easily adjusted by flicking this icon on the category page:

Which will revert your homepage back to normal and put the game threads back where they were.

The only drawback of this is that it will apply it to everyone when I add it so I want to give it a little test first.

Would anyone be happy to help me with a test category so we can see if it will work?

10 Likes

I’m happy to test for you, I’m on my mobile at the moment does it matter about that?

1 Like

Mobile is fine, I’m going to create a random category add a load of topics and then apply the feature. I just want to make sure everyone can see the category and posts from the dropdown and unmute it :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://lovehoneyforum.com/c/test-category/95

@glitterismyfavouritecolour are the posts showing up on the home page?

On the latest page, or in the category?

not the home page but yes when you go into the link you shared

2 Likes

Excellent! When you unmute the category with the Bell icon on the category page (set it to normal) do they appear on the home page?

im confused now, i replied to the colour post and thats on my homepage now.

1 Like

This is a fabulous idea :clap:t2: I can see posts but only in category not homepage… If I unmute they appear on the homepage :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Ah, that’s happened to me too with the rubber ducks. Can’t see the others on mute but can see the ones I’ve replied to.

1 Like

Because you have interacted with it it’s been automatically moved to “normal” instead of “mute” :slight_smile:

aha, makes sense!

I can see the posts only in category too, they’re not on my homepage . I clicked unmute and they now appear on the homepage.

It’s looking really promising :smiley:

2 Likes

Worked for me too. I could see the posts and un mute them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, that makes sense! I can unmute again and they disappear. I also just tried creating a thread and that works the same :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

When I click the bell icon on my iPad the pop up menu of options goes off the right hand side of the page, I can only see the first few characters of each line, like Watc, Norm. I have the page zoomed out as much as it will go, haven’t seen this behaviour anywhere else.

1 Like

I’ve raised it with the techy peeps :slight_smile:

1 Like