International shipping cost hinders decision

With the constant ongoing sales and promotions by LH, I find it difficult to pay the costly international shipping fee for every promotional order. I wonder anyone not living in UK faced the same problem as me. Often there are items I wanted to buy but after adding the shipping cost I am forced to change my mind.

I don't know where you're getting your stuff delivered to (or which Lovehoney site you're ordering from) but surely it's still cheaper than buying the item full price and then also having to pay delivery?

I'm one of those people who has been spoilt by free delivery so I really notice it when I'm asked to pay. 🙂 In those situations I bundle up enough stuff in one order to make it feel worth paying. It's obviously not as flexible as you can't just dip in and out with the odd bit here and there, but it really makes me consider if I actually want something or not.

I live in the UK and get free postage for Lovehoney but damn, I know the pain of paying international shipping. I suppose in my head I say to myself:

1. Is this the only place/way I can get this item?

2. Do I REALLY want this item?

3. Will it make me happy and will I get good use out of it?

If the answer is "yes" to all your questions at least you can justify the extra shipping cost. Perhaps you could get a large order (a big box of goodies) so you've only paid one price for the postage?

....then again, you'll still get stung on import charges/customs fees regardless if that's how your country works.

Not in the UK either but I think Ive only ever paid for shipping once -

Bundle up items into brackets so that the value allows for free shipping. Its a fine line for me, I once got carried away and customs and border transaction costs nearly doubled the cost of the shipment (fell about $20 over the threshold where no fees apply), so that is something to consider.

Does the country you are in have a locak LH website (e.g LH.COm, LH.com.au etc), if so, you could try using that specific site, it may have different shipping limits. Just be aware, LH.co.uk promotional offers do not apply to their other sites and neither do the birthday offers etc. If you sign up to your local version of the site, you will receive offers from that site.

I have found that some products available in the colonies aren't available on the .co.uk site (satisfyer pro for example), but then sometimes its the other way round.

The shippng conundrem does take the shine off impulse buying sometimes, but there are workarounds if you are patient

Senator wrote:

Not in the UK either but I think Ive only ever paid for shipping once -

Bundle up items into brackets so that the value allows for free shipping. Its a fine line for me, I once got carried away and customs and border transaction costs nearly doubled the cost of the shipment (fell about $20 over the threshold where no fees apply), so that is something to consider.

Does the country you are in have a locak LH website (e.g LH.COm, LH.com.au etc), if so, you could try using that specific site, it may have different shipping limits. Just be aware, LH.co.uk promotional offers do not apply to their other sites and neither do the birthday offers etc. If you sign up to your local version of the site, you will receive offers from that site.

I have found that some products available in the colonies aren't available on the .co.uk site (satisfyer pro for example), but then sometimes its the other way round.

The shippng conundrem does take the shine off impulse buying sometimes, but there are workarounds if you are patient

I only use LH UK. Think the shipping cost becomes expensive whenever you decide to like buy single item "on promo". And it's like almost everytime LH sent out a promo email, you find the reduced price attractive. So if there are 3 promo in a week then the shipping cost will be thrice. I understand that LH send out the item immediately upon payment. Request to "keep" the item and wait for further purchases is not their policy. So there's little chance that I will buy promo items due to costly shipping fee.

4Uonly wrote:

I only use LH UK. Think the shipping cost becomes expensive whenever you decide to like buy single item "on promo". And it's like almost everytime LH sent out a promo email, you find the reduced price attractive. So if there are 3 promo in a week then the shipping cost will be thrice. I understand that LH send out the item immediately upon payment. Request to "keep" the item and wait for further purchases is not their policy. So there's little chance that I will buy promo items due to costly shipping fee.
My friend is in a similar position. He gets them sent to my address (in the UK) and then I bundle them up and forward them to him when there's a decent parcel's worth. 👍 Have you got a UK friend that could do the same for you?

4Uonly wrote:

With the constant ongoing sales and promotions by LH, I find it difficult to pay the costly international shipping fee for every promotional order. I wonder anyone not living in UK faced the same problem as me. Often there are items I wanted to buy but after adding the shipping cost I am forced to change my mind.

I live in Sweden and have the same problem.

I will not order only one item, no mater how good of a deal it is. To make it worth it, I order items that are on sale AND use a discount code. I have a LH Unlimited account, so I can always get 25% off when I spend £40 or more.

There is a free shipping option for orders over £50, so I never order for less than that. However, some heavy or bulky items do not have free shipping, no matter the order total. That's a bummer and I rarely ever order any of these.

Ian Chimp wrote:

4Uonly wrote:

My friend is in a similar position. He gets them sent to my address (in the UK) and then I bundle them up and forward them to him when there's a decent parcel's worth. 👍 Have you got a UK friend that could do the same for you?
Yes I do but these purchases are personal and may be give friends a wrong Impression. So what I did in the past is buy whatever that are on promo + those that LH doesn't ship wheneverr I visit UK.

4Uonly wrote:

Yes I do but these purchases are personal and may be give friends a wrong Impression. So what I did in the past is buy whatever that are on promo + those that LH doesn't ship wheneverr I visit UK.

You need to time your visits for when they have the big end of season sales. And bring an extra suitcase or three. 🙂