Different areas get different deals ?

Just wondering why on LoveHoney.ca an item is on offer that LoveHoney.co.uk also stocks but isn't on offer here ?

I have a look 'round the different LoveHoney areas just in case I get to see new products, and discovered this by accident. :')

I live in the United States and I shop both the .com and the .co.uk sites to see what the beter deals and products are. This nice thing about .com is the items ship out of the US so you get it quicker. Not sure about .ca though.

I mean, I live in England so it shipping from the UK means I get it the next day usually...

Is it normal for an item in one site to be full price while it's discounted/on offer on another site ? Because I may have to start checking everywhere before placing an order now. :p

Shouganai wrote:

Just wondering why on LoveHoney.ca an item is on offer that LoveHoney.co.uk also stocks but isn't on offer here ?

I have a look 'round the different LoveHoney areas just in case I get to see new products, and discovered this by accident. :')

When buying from LH for me it's either UK or Australia. There's no LH in Singapore so it's international ordering. Based on my experience, if you saw the promo at LH UK and don't see them in the country you live just go to Live Chat for assistance. Agent at Live chat will let you know how you can overcome the problem easily. My first experience was with LH Lucy at Live Chat yesterday. Thank you Lucy. The only difference is I don't get free shipping regardless of the amount if I don't buy the items from UK. Free shipping min. £30 if I buy from UK.

Think the main difference is the free postage. Perhaps LH should standardized this area regardless of UK, CA, Europe or Australia.

Different websites will have different offers and costs unfortunately! A lot of things do come into it but we do try to cater to most markets as we can.

For example, we have an Australian sale on Australia Day but if we put it on all sites it wouldn't make sense haha.

For one deal.. there is always another though :)

Just speaking out loudly.

Paige, why not? It's marketing and sales driven. I'm sure LH at Australia will not reject orders that came from Canada.

Promotional items aside, but there is a common denominator which I feel can be consolidated, which is free Royal mail postage in UK VS DHL in Australia. Price for item per say after currency conversion is about the same, as customer I will buy my item from UK. Sure, it take a longer time to arrive from UK but I may not be pressed for time.

4Uonly wrote:

Just speaking out loudly.

Paige, why not?

Not many people outside of Australia will know of Australia day and as we have a site that is driven by the Australian market it makes absolute sense to do a sale on that site only. 

We also take stock into consideration, just because we have stock in the UK doesn't mean we also have it in the Australian warehouse. All sales/ sale items have to go through checks with our amazing online trading team. I mean there is absolutely no point in putting one item on sale across all sites if there is minimal stock, also we have to consider exchange rates and factors given by trading standards. 

Obviously, it is up to you guys as customers where you shop. So if you find a better deal on .com, go for it, but this will impact shipping as it will be sent from USA rather than UK or Australia.

Considering the number of offers that are available, I am sure there will be one suitable for most on any site. It is just for delivery/ customs/shipping purposes, it seems to make more sense to order from the site/warehouse that is far more suitable to where you wish for it to arrive.  

Hope this helps clarify why we have different sales across the sites at different times. ![smiley|20x20](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif "smiley")

If that's LH 's modus operandi, so be it. I'm just a customer giving my views and feedback only. Definitely no heart feeling.

Leanne hit the nail on the head, i'd also like to add with different countries there is different economies which means general cost of living is different, as well as rules/costs and laws affect every aspect of the business too. Lovehoney Australia is a different business to Lovehoney UK so to speak. It's a completely different ball game. With the cost of living, I can speak from personal experience here as someone who moved to Australia from the UK, it's very different!