Is a threesome a good idea?

OK, so I know there are loads of threads on threesomes but I wanted to get a few opinions on my situation in particular if possible!

I have lately been trying to get my boyfriend to open up to sex toys and being adventurous in general... and last night we made a step in the right direction! So, here's my question. The few times we have really got into sex, he mentions having a threesome with another girl. I must admit, this is a turn on for me and in theory it sounds like a good idea, but I'm wondering how it would be in reality?

I suppose what I really want to know is what stage do you have to be at in a relationship to actually go through with a threesome? We are young (in our early twenties) and I don't want this to ruin everything... I dunno I'm confused :(

Help?

Hi there, I read your previous thread and it sounds like your oh is quite selfish and often makes you feel unwanted and insecure. Sorry if this is inaccurate but it's the basis of my advice that until this is resolved I'd strongly suggest you don't introduce others into your relationship.

That said cannot be considered an expert or even a voice of experience as I have never had a threesome. Not because the idea does not appeal but because my oh does not have the confidence and I'd never want to push anything she isn't completely comfortable with.

Thanks for the reply :) I agree with you totally- he can be quite selfish and he does make me feel bad.

I agree that another person shouldn't be introduced, I think we really need to work on things before we even consider doing something like that.

Thanks!

If it turns you on, it can be a fun fantasy without ever becoming reality. That's where Ms Astral and I are at the moment.