Just had the best surprise ever!!

You deserve the treat. Enjoy it.

GlamRockChick wrote:

Hi Boogaloo, it was me!
There was meant to be something else too but I managed to mess up the order..will be with you in a couple of days I hope.
I'm so glad you like it, I was laughing to myself when I commented on your g-spot post last night!
It sounds like you've had a rough time lately so I thought you deserved a treat. Enjoy and hope you're back to full health soon xx

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much, that's so incredibly kind of you and I can't tell you how much it means to me!

Funnily enough, I had a letter from the DVLA just before my gift arrived telling me they have officially revoked my driving licence as I've had a brain surgery, which means I can't work. I was really gutted, then I got your gift and it made me so happy ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

And just so you know, it is waaaaaayyyy better than that G-spot dildo I was talking about yesterday!

xxx

Awww that's so lovely. Glad it's cheered you up and hope you have loads of fun with it!

Also, if you don't mind me asking (you don't have to if you don't want to, I'm just being nosey here :P), why have they revoked your licence? I've had brain surgery too but was still aloud to learn to drive. x

MissxS wrote:

Awww that's so lovely. Glad it's cheered you up and hope you have loads of fun with it!

Also, if you don't mind me asking (you don't have to if you don't want to, I'm just being nosey here :P), why have they revoked your licence? I've had brain surgery too but was still aloud to learn to drive. x

That's okay :)

As part of my surgery they put a shunt in my brain, and afterwards you're prone to epileptic seizures. I haven't had any seizures and it's been 6 weeks nearly, but they ban you from driving for 6 months minimum. Then I have to undergo medical tests with the DVLA to see if they'll give my licence back, which hopefully they will, but there's a 1/3 chance my shunt will fail and will have to be re-done in that time, in which case it's ANOTHER 6 months, and so on... ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

Boogaloo wrote:

GlamRockChick wrote:

Hi Boogaloo, it was me!
There was meant to be something else too but I managed to mess up the order..will be with you in a couple of days I hope.
I'm so glad you like it, I was laughing to myself when I commented on your g-spot post last night!
It sounds like you've had a rough time lately so I thought you deserved a treat. Enjoy and hope you're back to full health soon xx

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much, that's so incredibly kind of you and I can't tell you how much it means to me!

Funnily enough, I had a letter from the DVLA just before my gift arrived telling me they have officially revoked my driving licence as I've had a brain surgery, which means I can't work. I was really gutted, then I got your gift and it made me so happy ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

And just so you know, it is waaaaaayyyy better than that G-spot dildo I was talking about yesterday!

xxx

Honey I'm so so glad it's cheered you up a bit! xx

Aww thats soooo lovely :) x

Boogaloo wrote:

MissxS wrote:

As part of my surgery they put a shunt in my brain, and afterwards you're prone to epileptic seizures. I haven't had any seizures and it's been 6 weeks nearly, but they ban you from driving for 6 months minimum. Then I have to undergo medical tests with the DVLA to see if they'll give my licence back, which hopefully they will, but there's a 1/3 chance my shunt will fail and will have to be re-done in that time, in which case it's ANOTHER 6 months, and so on... ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

Oh lordy! I can see why now, muchos annoying but best to be safe than sorry. I guess that's good you've already gone 6 weeks without a seizure, I wish you all the best and hope you go the whole distance without having one and hope you're one of the 2/3'rds that doesn't have to have it re-done. I also hope the med test is successful and you have the all clear after this part is over...that sure is a lot of hopes! x

Glam really is a wonderful thoughtful person, lovely to read how it turned your day around boogaloo, i've never been a part of such a close community before, it really is so welcoming and familial :)

GlamRockChick it really did make me happy, I'm still smiling now! ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif) I know that nobody gives to recieve but I plan to return the favour when I'm able to, because that would also make me happy (and hopefully you too)!

MissxS thank you for that, I appreciate it ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif) It's frustrating but not so bad, if I didn't have the surgery then I would have gone blind in a few months and defo lost my licence then, so 6 months isn't bad in comparison! I will be so excited to get behind the wheel again, I just hope I actually remember how to drive haha!

There's absolutely no need to get anything for me, honestly. I'd much rather you treated yourself or someone else who's having a difficult time. It's absolutely made my day to hear you're pleased with it!

Haha, you'll be fine once you get back out on the roads. It's like riding a bike, you never forget :)

And yes, I know what you mean about current pain in the arses being nothing in comparison. I spent a few years recovering from my surgery and I've been left with emotional and physical issues since, but without it I wouldn't be here at all. Not being able to do things at the moment makes you appreciate them so much more when you actually can. It's the little things in life :) x

MissxS wrote:

Haha, you'll be fine once you get back out on the roads. It's like riding a bike, you never forget :)

And yes, I know what you mean about current pain in the arses being nothing in comparison. I spent a few years recovering from my surgery and I've been left with emotional and physical issues since, but without it I wouldn't be here at all. Not being able to do things at the moment makes you appreciate them so much more when you actually can. It's the little things in life :) x

I'm so sorry to hear that, do you mind me asking what your brain surgery was? (Don't have to answer of course!)

I've given up a lot for my condition, had to quit uni right at the end of my degree because I was always in hospital, lost my driving licence and now lost my job because of that. All of that sounds terrible but I'm coming to terms with it, and thinking that it could have been a hell of a lot worse! In terms of the surgery it's still early days but struggling a lot, I am thankful it has saved my eyesight though as even in the last 2 weeks that part has improved ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Got to find a silver lining somewhere, right? ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

Haha, no it's fine :) I had a tumour in my inner ear where the nerve connects to the brain. It was approx 5cm by the time I had a scan and my surgeon told me without the surgery I wouldn't have long left because of the pressure it was putting on my brain, but with the surgery there was a 50/50 chance. It's uncommon in people under 30 but I was told I couldv'e even been born with it. Pretty much lost my social life afterwards because I could barely walk for a while and my 'friends' fucked off, and missed out on a lot during my teenage years. But I just carried on with life and appreciating all the little things because it's the only mindset you can have to survive :)

Having brain surgery, no matter what kind, will always take time to heal from - physically and emotionally. Just think of all the wonderful things you'll be able to do again once you're properly on the mend!

I love people like you that have the same mindset, some would sit around feeling sorry for themselves and I understand that, but you just have to pick yourself up and carry on as best you can. I really do hope you're recovery goes as smoothly as possible! :) x

MissxS wrote:

Haha, no it's fine :) I had a tumour in my inner ear where the nerve connects to the brain. It was approx 5cm by the time I had a scan and my surgeon told me without the surgery I wouldn't have long left because of the pressure it was putting on my brain, but with the surgery there was a 50/50 chance. It's uncommon in people under 30 but I was told I couldv'e even been born with it. Pretty much lost my social life afterwards because I could barely walk for a while, and missed out on a lot during my teenage years. But I just carried on with life and appreciating all the little things because it's the only mindset you can have to survive :)

Having brain surgery, no matter what kind, will always take time to heal from - physically and emotionally. Just think of all the wonderful things you'll be able to do again once you're properly on the mend!

I love people like you that have the same mindset, some would sit around feeling sorry for themselves and I understand that, but you just have to pick yourself up and carry on as best you can. I really do hope you're recovery goes as smoothly as possible! :) x

Gosh that sounds terrible, that must have been so scary and incredibly difficult at the time (and still is, I expect). It says a lot about you as a person though if you're able to get through something like that, and still be appreciative for the life you have. You must be a very strong person :)

By the sounds of it I'm not as physically disabled as you were, I am in a lot of pain so I struggle to walk outside the house, but I can walk if I need to. I'm mostly finding the emotional side difficult, as I'm cooped up at home by myself every day and feel like I don't have any friends these days! But then I spend a lot of time chatting to you lovely people ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif) And when my partner is home from work there's always a smile on my face, he's my best friend so as long as I've got him I'm doing okay. ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

To be honest I wasn't scared in the slightest. I was just like, 'well i'm going to die someday, if my time's up then it's up'...I was always told I was never a normal child! haha. Last year I was told it had come back but it was super tiny, had radiotherapy and I just have to wait to see if it's worked now but I'm not worried about it. I still have my issues, but they're worth it just so I can be here and stay hopeful for whatever good happens in the future.

It took a while for me to be able to walk properly again, I still have balance issues though and that will never go away but it doesn't bother me. To look at me you'd never know what I've been through.

The emotional side is always the worst. It's the part that's constantly battling negatively with the other part of you that's trying to keep you postitive. Back then I was exactly the same as you, and still am for the most part. It might be hard during the day but knowing you'll see your oh when he's back from work is what keeps you going. So long as we have the people that are important to us, we'll be okay :) x

I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for the things that have happened to you both Boogaloo and MissxS.

They sound awful. Life can be truly cruel sometimes, but sadly bad things always happen to the kindest most caring people.

I truly wish you both the best for the future, you both sound like lovely people who don't deserve what has happen to you. Take care! ♡ X

+1 on Lolipops post. I can really sympathise, whilst I've not had brain surgery, I've had major sopne surgery twice. Hugs to you ladies.
Boogaloo, have fun with your new vibe ;-)

Boogaloo wrote:

MissxS wrote:

I know how you feel, my wife has a shunt last year(the third one) and had a seizure a few days later, so had to give up her licence, tried re applying after six months free, they said it needs to be 12 months, that'll be up in June so hopefully will get it bck then, she's got IIH however any type of invasive brain surgery is a six month off driving, which most people don't know, my wife was happily driving after the first surgery until someone said she should not be, even the consultant was not sure best, advice it to ring the DVLA otherwise it could cause all sorts of problems, insurance needs to be informed too just in case, but that can also cause issues, some won't insure you if you've lost your licence, but still have the car and say like me drives "her car" too but Tesco was fine with it, don't forget travel insurance too.

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

I know how you feel, my wife has a shunt last year(the third one) and had a seizure a few days later, so had to give up her licence, tried re applying after six months free, they said it needs to be 12 months, that'll be up in June so hopefully will get it bck then, she's got IIH however any type of invasive brain surgery is a six month off driving, which most people don't know, my wife was happily driving after the first surgery until someone said she should not be, even the consultant was not sure best, advice it to ring the DVLA otherwise it could cause all sorts of problems, insurance needs to be informed too just in case, but that can also cause issues, some won't insure you if you've lost your licence, but still have the car and say like me drives "her car" too but Tesco was fine with it, don't forget travel insurance too.

No way - I also have IIH! It's so rare the only people I know with it are from an online support group, I've never actually met anyone with IIH. I'm sorry to hear what your wife has been through, that must be horrible :( It's frustrating that any seizure or set back extends the driving ban even more, but I can see why. I hope she's doing alright with her shunt now?

Thank you so much for the kind words Purring and Lollipop, it means a lot :)

MissxS you're absolutely right, the emotional side is harder to deal with, especially as my illness is a rare one (as I imagine yours is too?), so not many of my friends or family understand it and don't offer much support. I hope you're doing okay at the moment, fingers crossed that radiotherapy did the trick! I wish you all the best and I hope you never have to go through anything like this again xxx

Crikey, you have all had a tough time recently. I hope things are improving but we are all here for advice if you need it.