Leftovers

So I had a mountain of meat left over from my turkey (and my gammon for that matter).

So far I have had turkey sandwiches, cold turkey salad, turkey curry, turkey risotto and turkey lasagne. I have enough meat left for one more meal - but I've run out of ideas, which is where you come in - what do you do with your leftover bird?

Meat pie or another curry!

Pizza or casserole or turkey and cranberry pie yummy

But I wouldn't keep it for more than 5 days without freezing or is that just me?

I vote pie!

I would vote pie to but not to sure about the cranberry?

blackjag63 wrote:

you don't know what your missing.... :P

Today I had a hangovers and leftovers party where we all brought our leftovers together and had a fuddle (or bring and share buffet) with coffee, tea, charades and trivial persuit.

Gem26 wrote:

blackjag63 wrote:

you don't know what your missing.... :P

Not enjoying the juice I'm drinking, but I'm taking my medicine nurse.

See someone else last night should of been in a shame box LOL

taraman wrote:

Meat pie or another curry!

I think we have a winner :) Going to make curried turkey pie

Anyone know how to make puff pastry?

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Which is why I don't get turkey... That and my ex never liked turkey, so we always got something else instead, usually game birds.

Did a pheasant this year. Kitty cat enjoyed some remains! Lol!

Could always do a soup, and the gammon can go in too! Would probably be quite nice with some leeks and whatever else you like in your soup. ^.^

Yeah we usually have a game bird, but just couldn't find any this year at a reasonable price.

Gem26 wrote:

Pizza or casserole or turkey and cranberry pie yummy

But I wouldn't keep it for more than 5 days without freezing or is that just me?

I'm sure there is something "formal" along those lines, but my fridge is kept at a steady 1 degree celcius and as long you cook it thoroughly it'll be fine! I find use by dates to be largely a load of b*ll*cks too.

Well im a vegetarian. I was going to say why don't you stuff it up your ass and see how you like it, but that's not very nice. Our dog was the beneficiary of the left over turkey in our house.

Thai turkey balls with noodles. Mmmmm lovely

Ron Burgundy wrote:

Well im a vegetarian. I was going to say why don't you stuff it up your ass and see how you like it, but that's not very nice. Our dog was the beneficiary of the left over turkey in our house.

Hadn't thought about that Ron. Most things find there way up there at some point :)

http://m.goodfoodchannel.co.uk/recipe/654366/turkey-pasty/

Tom kerridge turkey left over pie recipie