Liberator - wedge or mount

VR wrote:

Mr Chimp - a favour please.

If you come across (!!!) an offer on the ramp only could you be an angel and post it here please? It's on offer with the wedge but I don't need two of them.

Thanks.

The Hipster? https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=40247

As luck would have it it's included in the site-wide 25% off Bondage offer today. πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Kneeslider wrote:

We got a wedge but from elsewhere. Highly recommended for use but even at the discounted price it's way over priced (3x what I paid). It's a triangle of foam with a cover at the end of the day. I've had a custom motorcycle seat upholstered for less :D

We got the BonBon Toy Mount as our first foray into the Liberator sex cushions. I did think they were quite pricey (especially at full price), but I like that they're purposefully designed to be used for sex. It's got a machine-washable cover which is also non-slip microfibre, a moisture-resistant inner lining to protect the foam, and a responsive core to support 2 people (and I thought this particular shape with the toy hole would be more niche). It's also a great colour. Obviously I could just have been sucked in by marketing gumph. πŸ™‚

One of the reviews gave it one star and basically said to make your own, but the description of how they did it sounded like such a ball-ache I thought it was worth the discounted price just to get a proper one. πŸ™‚

We've not used it properly yet though, so I'll have to wait and see how it measures up.

Ian Chimp wrote:

MsR wrote:

I've ordered it. But I'm not opening it until after Black Friday - just in case I need two ;-)

It's safer to get one now just in case they go back up to full price (or go out of stock), though I'll be watching them with interest to see how good a price the best price turns out to be. πŸ™‚

I'll pop the links here so I don't have to search every time. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Blue Wedge https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=8845

Pink Wedge https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=42883

BonBon Toy Mount https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=42884

About Β£40 each today. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Oh I am so tempted to by a wedge! I am holding out till black friday/cyber Monday.... If I can wait that long. I've got the day off work with Flu today so I may get twitchy fingers...

Ian Chimp wrote:

VR wrote:

Mr Chimp - a favour please.

If you come across (!!!) an offer on the ramp only could you be an angel and post it here please? It's on offer with the wedge but I don't need two of them.

Thanks.

The Hipster? https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=40247

As luck would have it it's included in the site-wide 25% off Bondage offer today. πŸ‘πŸ™‚

On closer inspection the Hipster isn't the same as the Ramp, and Lovehoney don't seem to stock the Ramp on its own.

Ian Chimp wrote:

About Β£40 each today. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Yes - saw that at 7am. Happy squeak! First order cancelled...

Gutted they don't sell the ramp without the wedge - gutted I went for the Wedge alone.

I have a "disabled" type wedge for my bed which cost about the same as the Liberator. It got used a few times during sex but it was a bit of a failed experiment. Although it's supposed to be made of a similar foam it's just not as supportive as the Liberator foam, yet still feels hard. No idea how it works but it does.

The Wedge size/proprtions/material just works for us.

Looking at the Ramp, it seems it does make the perfect partner to the Wedge so I can see why they sell them together.

VR wrote:

Gutted they don't sell the ramp without the wedge - gutted I went for the Wedge alone.

I have a "disabled" type wedge for my bed which cost about the same as the Liberator. It got used a few times during sex but it was a bit of a failed experiment. Although it's supposed to be made of a similar foam it's just not as supportive as the Liberator foam, yet still feels hard. No idea how it works but it does.

Looking at the Ramp, it seems it does make the perfect partner to the Wedge so I can see why they sell them together.

Can you buy the set and sell the wedge part you don't need? Ebay? Unless the set comes with extra velco or something to attach them together...

Or, if you can afford it, just think 'sod it' and buy it - keep the wedge you already have for bathroom fun?

MsR wrote:

VR wrote:

Can you buy the set and sell the wedge part you don't need? Ebay? Unless the set comes with extra velco or something to attach them together...

Or, if you can afford it, just think 'sod it' and buy it - keep the wedge you already have for bathroom fun?

Thanks, MsR. I'd love to do that (and use my waterproof toys) in the bath but I can't get in/out of the damn thing any more.

I'm hoping that maybe Lovehoney will sell the Ramp sometime in the future (and that they'll have one of their fab deals and I'll be able to afford it then!).

I've had some really bad experiences with eBay having been ripped off by buyers that claim they've never received what I've sent. I provided a video of me packing up the items (I learnt after the first one!), and sent registered which was signed for the other end. Buyers claimed my box was empty in one case and they never had it in the other. eBay just took the money out of the account despite proof. I gave up selling after that. Both buyers then closed their accounts, which I thought spoke volumes. Ugh! Steams me up just thinking about it.

It's a shame Lovehoney don't do their own brand of them, as I bet they could do them a bit cheaper. πŸ™‚ I suppose the good thing about the Liberators being so expensive is they're much harder to impulse buy. It wouldn't take that many before my room started to look like a Wacky Warehouse. πŸ™‚

AmyA, did you manage to get one today?

Ian Chimp wrote:

It's a shame Lovehoney don't do their own brand of them, as I bet they could do them a bit cheaper. πŸ™‚ I suppose the good thing about the Liberators being so expensive is they're much harder to impulse buy. It wouldn't take that many before my room started to look like a Wacky Warehouse. πŸ™‚

AmyA, did you manage to get one today?

What a bloody great idea!

Have you suggested it on the Pander thread?

VR wrote:

I have not. But you're more than welcome to. πŸ‘πŸ™‚ You could come up with some different shape ideas while you're asking. What kind of shape do you wish they did?

I like my new Liberator but it isn't branded - it doesn't have the Liberator Logo on it even though I bought it from Lovehoney - is this usual? It could be any brand. I don't mind, but in the instructions you are supposed to line up the logo with the washing label to put the slip on properly. That big logo badge isn't there.

I've just checked mine (toy mount) and that's got a Liberator patch on it, and 'Liberator' written on the zip tag. Not sure if that helps. πŸ™‚

Ian Chimp wrote:

VR wrote:

I have not. But you're more than welcome to. πŸ‘πŸ™‚ You could come up with some different shape ideas while you're asking. What kind of shape do you wish they did?

I'm still pining for a ramp, but the toy mount is calling my name, too. It seems smaller than the wedge and may be more useful to get my dead leg over and out of the way.

Trying to balance on to ride it may end up with a visit to A&E!

Ian Chimp wrote:

I've just checked mine (toy mount) and that's got a Liberator patch on it, and 'Liberator' written on the zip tag. Not sure if that helps. πŸ™‚

My wedge doesn't have that big logo patch. It does have a 'Liberator' zip tag though, and the inner cushion say 'Liberator' on the care label.

Not sure if it matters or not if the function is the same, but If I'm paying out for a name and a brand I want it to be genuine.

I know and trust Lovehoney so it isn't an issue. But if, as a first purchase, I bought a brand and it arrived unbranded, I'd probably send it back.

Maybe Lovehoney need to say something like 'not all items will include the company logo'?

Can also confirm the mount has the patch, can’t help with the wedge though

My Wedge has a Liberator patch onthe short side. It's the blue version.

Maybe yours is new stock and they don't brand any more?

We are 'liberator patch' free - not a sign or symbol anywhere - but pink :-) I might ask on Live Chat tomorrow.

Did you find out anything, MsR?