Limited likes

Genuine question for the forum folk, why is there a limit to the amount of likes you can give per day depending on your trust level?

4 Likes

I didn’t even realise there was one :see_no_evil:

1 Like

@Deanna32 neither did i until the little bubble thingy popped up telling me so…

I believe it’s an anti spam type thing. Think it’s built in to the actual forum rather than being mandated by Lovehoney though

6 Likes

Yes, the more time you spend on here the more there is to like. :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Didn’t know there was such a thing, I’ve never maxed out on likes. It has to be a LH rule though as the number of likes you can give changes with the trust level.

I’m guessing it is a spam thing so that people don’t become like happy and be intentional with their likes.

Are the emojis the same as a like?

1 Like

Not a Lovehoney thing, the forum is a Discourse Forum. They are built around Levels. The number per level can be tweaked by whoever is running the Forum though. Brenna did up the number of likes people could give at each level fairly early in. Can’t say I’ve ever maxed out my daily allowance though regardless of what level I was on at the time. There is also a maximum you can hit in a short time span though and you have to wait 10 mins (or something like that) before you can like again. I’ve done that before.

6 Likes

I’ve seen Discourse being mentioned before but never clicked what it was, thanks for that @Peitho

1 Like

We have Reactions now too, and they’re not limited. So you can chuck in one of those on as many posts as you like. :+1:

2 Likes

@Ian_Chimp @JoCat
@Peitho @Serpentwand
@Calie @Deanna32
Ta muchly,I’ll :+1::heart::rofl::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::clap: etc tomorrow,when i can…

1 Like

Nope I don’t think so, there’s a badge for using x amount of likes in a day

1 Like

I think it might be to do with not spamming or something so that people can’t just go through everything and like all the posts without having read them and taken time to value the likes they give :thinking:

1 Like

I think you should be able to throw some Reactions in now, even if you’ve used up your Likes. It might take the edge off waiting for a day. :slight_smile:

1 Like