Lingerie Price Mismatch

Can I ask if these are differently priced on purpose?

The "smaller" size is £28.99 http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16179

And the "plus" size £26.99 http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16180

I've had it on my wishlist forever and was thinking of treating myself for my birthday but I kind of begrudge spending £2 extra (making my birthday 10% off kind of pointless) for no obvious reason

They are identical products as far as I can tell so it *has* to be a mistake right?

Adx

Makes a change normally its the larger sizes that is priced up, which really gets my goat!!

I am sure in this case its a mistake, but which price is the correct one??

Wow... That's really pretty... Wish I saw that but I've just spent my bday budget 10mins ago... Hopefully they'll change it to the cheaper price for you.

Got to be a mistake surely!

Very pretty by the way Ad!!

Angel x

wettongues wrote:

Makes a change normally its the larger sizes that is priced up, which really gets my goat!!

Certain companies do this for tall trousers etc - same trousers but mine are for tall people and I have to pay extra. I can't help being tall! External Media

wettongues wrote:

If it were the other way I could at least see the *reason* (more material = increased manufacturing costs) even if I didn't agree with it but this seems to be an odd discrepancy.

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

If it were the other way I could at least see the *reason* (more material = increased manufacturing costs) even if I didn't agree with it but this seems to be an odd discrepancy.

Adx

yes, increased manafacturing cost but that dosen't account for up to the £10 extra companies charge at times for a product made of the same pattern and same material. meaning they make a lot more money out of plus sized garnments.

How bizzare! I hope that the pricing is changed accordingly and that you're able to purchase that babydoll, because it looks lovely!

MrsPx

Wow, this is nice one. I would love it, I am size 18 in the hips, but only 14-16 on top for breasts and waist so... Kind of worried it would not fit. Also it would reviel my not even breast problem.

But after the price is solved I would say go for it, it does look gorgeous

Laveila wrote:

Wow, this is nice one. I would love it, I am size 18 in the hips, but only 14-16 on top for breasts and waist so... Kind of worried it would not fit. Also it would reviel my not even breast problem.

But after the price is solved I would say go for it, it does look gorgeous

I reckon the "small-er" version would fit fine because it looks like a stretchy material. I wear mostly dresses classed as small (usually 6-8) despite being more like a 10 on the hips (possibly even a 12 in some things) because there's generally more give on the bottom and it's more important to get a good fit on the bust as gaping can cause more problems than a bit of stretching on the bottom half.

SL - I never knew they could be that much more expensive, I always just assumed it was a quid here or there.

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

SL - I never knew they could be that much more expensive, I always just assumed it was a quid here or there.

Adx

yeah it is that much more expensive. I don't think plus sized women would mind so much if the pricing atually rose in relation to the size, but most the time it's one flat price for sizes 8 -16 and then skyrockets past that.

sweetlove666 wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

yeah it is that much more expensive. I don't think plus sized women would mind so much if the pricing atually rose in relation to the size, but most the time it's one flat price for sizes 8 -16 and then skyrockets past that.

It definitely is for the most part. Like, if you were to search on ebay- there are a lot of standard cheap prices on lingerie for the smaller scale of the size range. Once you get to the plus size it's a LOT more expensive.

Sad, really.. I don't see a lot available that are similar in styles for plus sizes. Not even plus sizes- some don't hit above 14.

x X x wrote:

sweetlove666 wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

It definitely is for the most part. Like, if you were to search on ebay- there are a lot of standard cheap prices on lingerie for the smaller scale of the size range. Once you get to the plus size it's a LOT more expensive.

Sad, really.. I don't see a lot available that are similar in styles for plus sizes. Not even plus sizes- some don't hit above 14.

Well, another problem is the sizing itself. I know I did not gain weight (as I am weighting myself every week) and I can get trousers size 16 I had 2 years ago just fine and some trousers 18 are really loose from the beginning or they become loose over time, without a belt. But on Saturday I was shopping for new trousers and even size 20 was actually too tight for me! And I am not size 20 by any means, I am far from that! So sometimes the sizes are actually really strange. Have to admit I had a depression after shopping and being forced to try size 22, which is by far not my real size!

Thanks for spotting this - the pricing was incorrect and has been fixed now.

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Thanks for spotting this - the pricing was incorrect and has been fixed now.

Thanks Alice. I know they're now both the more expensive price which I feel a bit bad for any plus sized bargain hunters but was worth a try 'ey External Media and I do have my 10%....now do I get it or not? Decisions...

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

do I get it or not? Decisions...

Get it, get it, get it :D