Love Honey movie club

Taking this from the conversation started on the ICDW thread, I thought I'd start a new thread dedicated solely to the idea of a movie club.

Firstly I guess we need to decide how we're going to do this. If it will be a new film each month, we should set a deadline date to watch each film & discuss it before the next one. It might be an idea to only discuss it after the deadline period (but before introducing the next film) to avoid leaking spoilers to those who have not yet gotten around to watching it. Also, how shall we decide which film we are going to watch?

I am by no means taking over this club, I simply wanted to start a new thread to avoid monopolising the ICDW one. Please suggest any ideas you may have as we want this to suit everyone :]

Ha this will be an excuse to buy lots of blurays! I'm up for it! I've been told a must watch is The Artist

Maybe the way to pick the film would be for everyone to submit a suggestion then we do a 'lucky dip' type draw to determine which one it'll be. I dunno, just a thought...

I think since you started the thread sub you should pick the first movie and then the next person is determined by the previous picker?

What if we do not have the film and dont want to especially go out and buy a dvd to watch it?

Dee_licious333 wrote:

What if we do not have the film and dont want to especially go out and buy a dvd to watch it?

There is always netflix or renting it

Hmmm good point Ork, we'll have to have a think about that one. Maybe we should all take it in turns like TTurtle suggested?

Dee_licious333 wrote:

I would say that in this case you can always opt out.

You make a good point. A list of dedicated members would probably be best as then someone (me, for example) could take everyone's names, put them into a random order & that would be the order of film selections. And yeh, I think if people need to take it seriously & watch whatever is put forward even if it's not something they'd normally choose or something they've seen before.

I think if we give it til the 1st september to sort out who's in & what our first film is, then that'd be a good time to start.

sub-kitten wrote:

You make a good point. A list of dedicated members would probably be best as then someone (me, for example) could take everyone's names, put them into a random order & that would be the order of film selections. And yeh, I think if people need to take it seriously & watch whatever is put forward even if it's not something they'd normally choose or something they've seen before.

I think if we give it til the 1st september to sort out who's in & what our first film is, then that'd be a good time to start.

We could ask the Lovehoney staff to choose, that way it really is the Lovehoney Movie club

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/ I promise its safe

And why don't we choose a film for each letter of LOVEHONEY?

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

I like this idea

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Love films. Like the idea in principal.

Why self impose a limit though?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Syd wrote:

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Love films. Like the idea in principal.

Why self impose a limit though?

Doesn't make sense to me.

I agree, I think it's easiest if each month one member chooses a film.

So far, the members who are in are:

sub-kitten
TTurtle
Ork
Dee
Kasumi
PPD
Syd

If anyone wants to join, please add your name to the list so I can keep track of how many people are involved.

I'm starting to doubt this idea now.

If I see a film tonight, I can post "Has anyone seen this film?" and people can chip in if they like.

This film club might not get around to discussing my film for years!

I may start my own club.

The spontaneous, discuss whatever film you like NOW club.

Still prepared to give it a go!

Syd wrote:

I'm starting to doubt this idea now.

If I see a film tonight, I can post "Has anyone seen this film?" and people can chip in if they like.

This film club might not get around to discussing my film for years!

I may start my own club.

The spontaneous, discuss whatever film you like NOW club.

My film

Isn't that basically what the 'last film you watched' thread is for?

Well yes but people seem to just name the film. Not really discuss it.

I'm not rubbishing your idea SK. I hope it works.

Thinking about it, at the least it may introduce us all to films we would never have watched otherwise.

Film selection is going to be key. So many varying tastes. Lets see what happens.

I suggest some rules. Although what they should be I don't know.

For instance I love the Spider-man movies but can't see a months worth of discussion in them.

I am deffo not a film snob but you see my point?

I concur with your points Syd.

This is far from being my baby so please feel free to enforce rules or whatever else.

*Raises hand* You have a movie adict here....

Excellent. Welcome aboad moonlight :]