Men and Women drivers

Got this as a link from my insurance company

http://www.swinton.co.uk/sizzler/infographics/male-vs-female-drivers

There are a few surprises, any comments?

Lets see... I've got no driving convictions. No Tickets; but I would flirt with a copper to get out of one without even thinking about it. Taking care of a car.... Get Daddy to do it, done. I can parallel park. I'm a bit heavy footed :) and I am always easily distracted...I've made the amber gamble and I'm not a back seat driver. I prefer to watch the view.

Confession completed.

I had to attend a "speed awareness course" at the weekend to avoid getting 3 points on my license, I was surprised how many ladies wre on the course and how "agressive" they appeared to be towards other road users. I have the firm opinion that a car isnt an expression of my man hood and neither is it a weapon to threaten others. I used to race motorcycles and maybe got it out of my system, I know I can drive faster than 99% of the UK population ...dont need to prove it every minute of every day

That link is quite surprising but I think honest in some ways. I am not getting into the whole women Vs men thing but I do think the insurance company method of basing the safest driver award on the number of claims is slightly floored. I thought it a few times. I know a similar number of lads and girls who have bumped things with their cars. In my experiance the lad has had to insurance claim it and manage with a premium increase whereas the girl has often had mum and dad pay for the repair.

I may not be correct but it is just an observation.

I take from that- there is little differece betwen the sexes in driving ability. Men probably get stopped more by the police. Women are more likely to cause someone else to crash in to them. Women are better at multi tasking, this is not the same as being distracted.

I have had 7 crashes, 3 insurance claims, one of which was 70% my fault (suppossedly). I've had two male drivers hit me and then drive off without stopping- one not serious one in which my car was written off. I do have a tendancy to crash in to walls and fences. When I feel the bumo I hit the brake lol.

I guess I'm rather boring as in over 35 years of driving I've had one claim (about 17 years ago and split 50 - 50 if I recall right) and no tickets despite the temptations of driving a Caterham.

Historically the difference between the sexes insurance-wise was defined by a significant difference in car usage with men doing more long-distance A and M road driving and women doing more short-distance urban driving. Men wrote cars off while women just bent them in low speed accidents. It seems that usage and attitudes have converged with a significant number of both treating driving as a suitable time to hone the lessons of their assertiveness training with the inevitable results.

i must say female drivers of large SUVs are just as ignorant,pushy and prone to tailgating as their male counterparts.....thats equality for you.