Messaging & positions

A friend on lovehoney suggested I check out this link and it was funny yet interesting lol.http://m.sofeminine.co.uk/relationships/album856252/sex-positions-kamasutra-sex-positions-21211713.html.
Also I know it's in the rules that there is no messaging between people on lovehoney but it would be nice to have a personal chat service witch could be timed say for 5 minutes or so. Just like if you had to ask the lovehoney team.
As some threads just go on and on with people
saying the same stuff.

Your views please? Or am I just being dim!

Nice thought Dana. Not entirely sure of the reasons but no doubt someone will tell us why there's no personal chat allowed. X

Fifer74 Thank you.
Reason so that you and thank the person who replied on a thread you posted rather than do this.
Plus you can be more personal with out
People just leaving silly messagesent etc.
Hope that made sense! And like I said they
Could have a timed chat so that way if your friends you can be friends rather guests?
I don't get the friends thing as you can't actually
Talk to them unless it's on a thread.
Buy have a chat service it could help the shy one's.

Fifer74 Thank you.
Reason so that you and thank the person who replied on a thread you posted rather than do this.
Plus you can be more personal with out
People just leaving silly messagesent etc.
Hope that made sense! And like I said they
Could have a timed chat so that way if your friends you can be friends rather guests?
I don't get the friends thing as you can't actually
Talk to them unless it's on a thread.
Buy have a chat service it could help the shy one's.

there used to be a chat on here but it was rather buggy, as they said it was added on to the forums as an after thought and not really created properly. They took it down a year ago roughly but have never added it back

Dana I totally agree. I hope LH see this thread and give us some feedback on a chat forum !

They have said before, it's never coming back ever.

It's too hard for them to check what's happening on it and they want Lovehoney to be a safe and fun place for people and not have dodgy people looking for sex.

I was just wondering how they would monitor something like this. LH is a webstore, not a social networking site and I would imagine a lot would have to go into turning it into one. I don't see how they could stop people abusing it, looking for sex as delilah mentioned or asking people to buy things in exchange for vids and pics etc. The place would be flooded with pests.

OUCH! Thank you ;) wrote:

I was just wondering how they would monitor something like this. LH is a webstore, not a social networking site and I would imagine a lot would have to go into turning it into one. I don't see how they could stop people abusing it, looking for sex as delilah mentioned or asking people to buy things in exchange for vids and pics etc. The place would be flooded with pests.

Agreed! It could go downhill pretty quick...

Back when there was chat, there were far too many 'friend requests' from people who weren't forum friends at all but were just adding people hoping for a hook up.

I prefer it this way.

I quite like this site as it is, you can be a bit cheeky in your posts but never feel hassled by people just looking for a quick hook up, it just seems more friendly this way. Plus a chat function would be a nightmare to monitor and could easliy get out of hand.

wildflower wrote:

I quite like this site as it is, you can be a bit cheeky in your posts but never feel hassled by people just looking for a quick hook up, it just seems more friendly this way. Plus a chat function would be a nightmare to monitor and could easliy get out of hand.

Well said this is much better. Any body needs privacy they achieve that from another social networking sites. This is much more fun and enjoyable.

To be honest if people kept messaging me on here it would irritate me. Especially if it was just to try to find someone to hook up with.

I like it the way it is. A lot of us have twitter accounts that we can use to contact eachother with if we want to.

Thanks for the suggestion #Dana

We used to have a chat function but sadly it was misused, as as we are unable to moderate private chat, we removed this feature from the website.

We have no plans to bring back any sort of chat system here.

Although we don't recommend sharing any contact information with other members, we do allow you to list your Facebook or Twitter on your account for those who want to follow each others blogs, reviews, or thank someone for help received :)

Thank you for your comments.
I to would prefer a safe site with no pest and understand the problem
It could entail so keeping as it is works for us. X

I prefer the chat not being here, I think it's more likely that a lot of unwanted attention would be hanging around.

I personally think if something needs to be said over a chat function and can't be said on the forum...then it probably shouldn't be being said at all.