Mirena Coil-personal experiences

ronnie-baby wrote:

I never experienced cramps during or after fitting as I had mine done during my laparoscopy op under general anaestetic. It's just recently now after about a week, could be the norethisterone tablets im on also?

It feels so much more confortable than the copper IUD I had before, I was convinced that was digging into the side of my womb somewhere, with this mirena I can barely feel it at all, it's great.

xx

'Barely feel it' - Can you feel it at all? I can't feel mine one bit (unless I am purposefully looking for the string)

I don't remember how long it was exactly before my periods stopped- I would guess around a month or so.

well, I can't feel it at all.lol.except for when it's giving me these cramps. Have figured it prob is the mirena, as I have been getting them still long after I have been taking my norethisterone tablets. (like first thing in the morning when it's been 12 hrs or more since I last took my last one of the previous day!)

xx

ronnie-baby wrote:

well, I can't feel it at all.lol.except for when it's giving me these cramps. Have figured it prob is the mirena, as I have been getting them still long after I have been taking my norethisterone tablets. (like first thing in the morning when it's been 12 hrs or more since I last took my last one of the previous day!)

xx

You're not meant to be able to feel it, besides the string. I swear since I said I haven't had any pain with it, I've been getting cramps the past few days! Sod's law!

I don't mean 'feel it' as such, I just mean I know it's still there when it gives me these cramps. Hope they don't last too long, got them again today.

xx

The mirena coil was fabulous for me, hurt a little to have it put in. But other then that i never had any problems apart from slight discomfort during sex depending on the position. I am actually about to get it fitted again next week.

Em

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

ronnie-baby wrote:

i've had that issue with my copper coil, I couldn't find them so I rushed to the gp and he said it was fine and still where it should be. I know the strings were cut to 2cm long but I tried ever which way position and still couldn't find the strings, apparently it they had curled themselves around the left hand side of the outside of my cervix. Great, so how am I meant to feel them or the mirena when I get it?

I'm a bit worried as they said expulsion is more common with mirean than the iud as it is bigger? I'm worried it'll come out, I've had no problems as far as I'm aware with my iud though?

xx

I had the same scare as you! Mine had coiled themselves round and I couldn't feel them at all. I have relaxed now with it, I have had it in for a year and a half and had no problems. I do check my every week or so just to make sure.

My strings haven't been seen since my coil was fitted 4yrs ago! I went for the 6week check and the doc couldn't find them. She sent me for an ultrasound to see if it was still there, and it was, so every month i just have to hope its still there and doing its job!

Does anyone have any experience of whats involved in removing it when the strings aren't visible? My husband is going for the snip in a few weeks, so once he's got the all-clear i'm going to have my coil removed, but i'm dreading it! I have visions of the doc fishing around up my chuff with some kind of crochet-hook!

It's been a month on and I'm still getting bad cramping pains. got my check up this week with gp but pain has got too much for me lately so went to out of hours service, nurse said the strings were still there and it appears to be where it should so she isn't worried and neither should I be but, however she said she is concerned as to why I am still getting persistent pain that's not letting up or relieving and says to mention it to my gp this week as a sonogram may be ordered to see what is happening? she said all looks well and healthy and theres no swelling or any other pain when she pressed on my abdomen as if there was, then this would indicate maybe a perforation of dislodge of the coil.

Am worried now, supposed to be going on hol later next week with my oh, don't want this burdening our holiday to Amsterdam.

rb

xx