need cheering up- hospital operation woes! :-(

I have been referred to the hospital after months of going to my gp complaining of abdominal pain and pain during/after intercourse ect... After many gp tests they told me they thought it was interstitial cystitis and that I needed to just carry on and monitor it. I used to sufrfer constantly and chronicly with typical cystitis and was averaging an attack every 6-8 weeks.

Finally my gp has referred me and today I started what seems my lenghty hospital process working towards investigation work on my pelvic pain cause(s), of which I have been booked in for a cystoscopy soon to have a look and get biopsies taken from my bladder, but, what was slightly worrying and upset me was something which I have had at the back of my mind for a long time now and have discussed with my gp about the other possible causes, which he refused to get me tested for as he said at the moment it seems like very drastic measures to take and can be quite invasive and sometimes can do more harm than good, was the reality of the fact that it could be endometriosis. My surgeon and consultant raised this possibilty with me at the syptoms and sources of this pelvic pain I've been getting. I've had colposcopy's and ultrasound scans of which all were fine, and now this is the last option for me. I have to say though, endometriosis? What a sobering thought! And at the possibilty of this, it was suggesting I have my copper coil changed to the Mirena coil to ease any symptoms and my now painful, long, heavy periods also.

Am so scared now I have to have these two ops, and upset at this prospect and it affecting now what seems like everything in my life.So, I think I need a bit of advice and cheering up guys and gals. I thank you all in advance.

ronnie-baby. .

xx

I don't really know what to say ronnie-baby, but I want to wish you all the best of luck - you know there's a supportive community behind you here.

Sending sympathy.

MASSIVE MOOBY HUGS!

W

Can't really say anything more but I think you're doing the right thing in starting with the less invasive tests first. I know it may seem like a long way to go but at least they are looking into all the possibilities starting with the most obvious ones. You never know it could be as 'simple' as cysts which I know can be very painful from friends' experiences.

It's hard but try and keep as positive as you can, you never know it may be sorted in the next couple of months. Hopefully it will be.

Best of luck and keep your chin up. Let us know how you go on.

wishing you all the best Ronnie

*Hugs* You poor thing.

Still, at least it's getting the attention it deserves now. The quicker they find out what's wrong, the quicker it can be sorted and, hopefully, you'll be pain-free. Or at least in a lot less than you are now.

Operations are scary things but the doctors wouldn't do them if you weren't going to benefit from them.

I hope you're okay, and you get sorted soon.

RB *hugs*

I can understand how you are feeling, I'm going in to hospital in a few weeks for some more investigation after some tests came back that were abnormal. I have had alsorts going through my head, it's quite scary.

I have had a cystoscopy before and it isn't as scary as it sounds. I had mine done under a general. A friend of mine had one done a few months ago with just a local anesthetic and she was surprised at just how quick and easy it was.

If you want a chat or a rant I'm here. Hope you get to the bottom of things soon. x

Good luck, I hope all goes well

hugs RB

hope all goes well

xGGx

I hope all goes well x

Huge hugs from me ronnie-baby - so sorry to hear the story but pleased that something is finally being done about it and you're going to be able to move forward. I've not got any advice i'm afraid as i've never had to go through anything like this but I hope you get lots of support from family and friends and that it all goes well - Bonny x

*Hugs* and best wishes! The surgery might sound scary but it's worth getting things thoroughly checked so you best know how to deal with anything you need to :)

I hope the op goes well and I hope you get some kind of good (or better than worse case scenario at least) news!

Adxx

Thank you everyone for your support it really means alot to me.

xx

Good luck with everything Ronnie-baby

Hey ronnie i hope all goes well for you *hugs* and if you ever feel scared or worried of just need a laugh imagine me Tyler Durden appearing in the hospital and opening up a fight club with the doctors raaaawr! hehe

Stay safe and tace care hun *hugs* x

lol, thanks mr sarcastic. I'll remember that and laugh when I'm in the recovery room!

xx

Nps Ronnie, i know hospitals are not nice been in them far too oftern the past two years for either my own reasons or someone elses gotta make the time pass some how and if its a doctors and nurses fight club in your head that makes you laugh its better than nothing! *hugs* x

Btw, remember im not allowed to lose =P lol

Don't worry, I'll let you win! lol

x

WUHU! lol x