Miss heard song lyrics.

So, having watched Trolls for the 45, 873rd time earlier today I found myself not completely understanding the lyrics to one of the songs. Really? Does Justin Timberland need:

"Somewhere to hide when I'm getting new clothes..."

So, I thought, I bet there are many others out there what are your personal favourites or revelations of what you sang before realising what the real lyrics were?

Taylor Swifts Blank Space. I sang "lonely Starbucks lovers..."

Really it's "long list of ex lovers..."

For some odd reason, my filthy minded friend likes to replace the lyrics to Barry Manilow's 'Mandy'.

Instead of:

'Oh Mandy, Well you came and you gave without taking'

She sings:

'Oh Mandy, When you came on my face without taking'.

I can't listen to that song now without hearing her dirty lyrics!!

*sexybabe* wrote:

For some odd reason, my filthy minded friend likes to replace the lyrics to Barry Manilow's 'Mandy'.

Instead of:

'Oh Mandy, Well you came and you gave without taking'

She sings:

'Oh Mandy, When you came on my face without taking'.

I can't listen to that song now without hearing her dirty lyrics!!

Same but 'Oh Mandy, When you came on my face you weren't faking'.

Taylor swift- bakers gonna bake bake bake bake bake.

Food on my mind obviously!

Peter Kay did a segment about this on one of his tours. I can never hear those songs the same way again!

"Just let me staple the vicar" from We are Family was my personal favourite!

luvved up cupple wrote:

So, having watched Trolls for the 45, 873rd time earlier today I found myself not completely understanding the lyrics to one of the songs. Really? Does Justin Timberland need:

"Somewhere to hide when I'm getting new clothes..."

So, I thought, I bet there are many others out there what are your personal favourites or revelations of what you sang before realising what the real lyrics were?

I know the lyrics to this song and I swear it is NOT about dancing 😉 I was actually shocked when I found out it was in Trolls lol.

Some great responses thus far, saw online a few weeks back after Mr Manilow's revelation that maybe the Lyric was Andy rather than Mandy....

Nat&Tom Peter Kay is a comedy genius and has brought to light some miss heard gems.

NatandTom wrote:

Peter Kay did a segment about this on one of his tours. I can never hear those songs the same way again!

"Just let me staple the vicar" from We are Family was my personal favourite!

I was watching this clip this morning. Has me in tears every time.

There`s an ELO song called Need Her Love with a line `She never shares her suffering`...i have always heard it as `She never shares her submarine` listen on Youtube i think i`m right!

Sometimes i think of alternate lyrics to amuse myself...`Mamma just killed a man,out my bum against his head,farted now he`s dead` etc

There`s the obvious Jimmi Hendrix `Excuse me while i kiss the sky` as `Kiss this guy` is well known.

I can't remember who sings it but the song where she sings chow adiós I'm done someone on the radio said it sounds like shower da horse I'm done now when ever i hear that song that's what i think of!

Britney Spears instead of "Do you want a piece of me?", my friends sing "Do you wanna piss on me?"

Do I want the perfect wife, with perfect egg fried rice.

from Stereophonics' Just Looking

I used to think they were saying Jolene instead of Call on Me in the Eric Prydz song. Cue the laughter when I sung along infront of people once and they asked where the hell I'd got a random name from!

I don't know the name of the song but it was big in the 90s. I was singing along to it as I had many times when I asked MrKB "what's a strumbalees " he looked at me dumbfounded and then clicked what I was going on about and said its not strumbalees it's strong beliefs.

Many years ago I thought mull of kintyre was bull of kintyre. I thought they were singing about the highland cattle - oh well, I tried.

I once got all excited as I thought the name of the road my son lived on was in a song but it turns out they weren't singing Westdale Lane but west LA

Mr Kb deliberately changes words to songs and the one that really annoys me is solid as my cock instead of solid as a rock.

Haha I agree peter Kay was hilarious, laughed my head off and still do at - feel the meat of the tangerine
Uh oh or is it feel the beat of the tangerine? Oh gosh I'm confused now and may have misinterpreted a misinterpretation.

Lil Red Kinkyboots...i`m not the only one who makes up my own lyrics then!

I thought of another...Bonnie Tyler`s `It`s A Heartache` truly sounds like she`s singing `It`s a hard egg`

Kenny Rogers sings a song called "Lucille.

In one line he sings "with four hungry children and a crop in the field"

When I first heard it I thought he said "four hundred children and a crop in the field.

^^ I love that bicycle hut haha tempted to sing that next time I hear it.

It's not fair
To remind me
Of the cross eyed bear that you gave to me.