Missing Review?

I did a review for a new tester product that wasnt on the website this week, and I got an email today saying it had been published on the website.

I clicked on the link in the email but it said the page doesn't exist: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=18079&reviewid=22446#customer_reviews

It's not showing up in my profile either.

I'm cool if the item isnt being stocked yet, but I'm nosy and like to read about it when it's on the website and the email made it sound like it should be but I cant find it!

Oh, I'm sure I wrote a review of the tracy cox egg (it broke the first time I used it) and gave it 1 and a half stars (even though it was initially good) but the review has disappeared. Anyone know why? Should I just rewrite it?

I'm sure this is just a glitch... try writing it again. People should be able to read what you think of these products.

LoveHoney - Bot says:

Hi Ecksvie - as the product isn't live yet, the review won't show up. Our reviews editor is ultra keen so has got it all prepared for when the product does go live however. It shouldn't be too long before you see the product on the site, complete with your excellent review!

Hi Rowan - we don't publish reviews of broken products as it produces an unfair rating. Often there is just one slightly faulty product in a batch and if there are no other reviews it can make a great product look unfairly terrible. I believe you had a replacement Tracey Cox Supersex Vibrating Love Egg sent to you, but if not please get in touch with customer services and they will arrange this for you ASAP.

On a similar note, if we receive several mentions of a product being faulty or broken, then we publish the reviews of it, arrange exchanges or refunds for the people who have bought it and contact the manufacturers to see if they can help by sending improved versions and/or buying the stock back and discontinuing it on the site.

Thanks Lovehoney bot. I haven't received a replacement, glad to hear that it's likely to just be a dud. Until it died (about 10 minutes) it seemed to be good, which was actually included in the review. Thanks for clarifying that, and that if there are many negative reviews they are published.

Rowan wrote:

Thanks Lovehoney bot. I haven't received a replacement, glad to hear that it's likely to just be a dud. Until it died (about 10 minutes) it seemed to be good, which was actually included in the review. Thanks for clarifying that, and that if there are many negative reviews they are published.

make sure you get a replacement if you like it. the guys at lovehoney are great in terms of that they will replace a freebie if its broken. one of my freebies broke, so i was going to buy another one on payday to replace it. i sent an email to customer services asking how i can avoid breaking it again and they sent me one for free again. saved me £15 x