Reviews

Okay I have noticed that as soon as I get an e-mail from LH telling me that my lastest review has gone live that when I click on it I get "0 of 1 people found this review helpfull" Either people are waiting to pounce on recent reviews or is whoever activates them doing something wrong or do they simply not like those reviews?

I've noticed a lot of reviews with that recently. There must be some fussy customers on the prowl...

I know it shouldn't bother me but I mean its almost instantaneous.. I was online when I got the last e-mail and when I clicked the link.. bamm.. it was already there!!

Some people might click on the most recent reviews list so they get there before you and unfortunately don't like it or are just clicking No because they can. I wouldn't worry though, just keep writing reviews and someone will certainly find it useful at some point.

I have had a couple that got a 'thumbs up' before I got the e-mail, so I'd assumed there was a certain delay in there where folk might happen upon them and get judgey. But yeah, have seen a fair few recently marked down when there's absolutely nothing wrong with them, I'd just assumed someone had started the vigilante stalking thing for some random reason.

I hope it's not going the way of Amazon! There's loads of review wars going on there amongst the top reviewers. Shocking behaviour! There's never been any malicious types on here in my experience Inme. I wouldn't read too much into it fella. Love the red band by the way. I haven't got a clue what you look like? :-p SG

I've done a test, and it's not anything linked with the mechanism for putting the reviews live. I also know the editors don't click either the Yes or No button.

I can only come to the same conclusion as chipNroll, WandA, BashfulBabe and SEXYGET 69. For what it's worth, LoveHoney always appreciate people taking the time to review. We always welcome new reviewers, and I've really enjoyed yours!

1 of 1 person found this thread helpful

Cheers folks.. maybe it'll inspire me to write better reviews lol.. had thought that maybe its a newbie like myself trying too hard in relation to this..

Every month, the writer of the best new review wins £100 of sex toys!

but hey maybe not.. anyway I'm not gonna let it bother me, or stop the reviews.. have heaps more ta do!

@ SexyGet.. lol..I see I may have inspired a change of avatar with urself also.. bit of red reminds me of the red item in my last profile pick.. ohh!! lol..

You're not the only one hun, I had the same on my review of the pin ups bullet yesterday.

x

Hmmm, it's been done to all the reviews posted yesterday. I can only think there must be someone who, for some reason, is trying to knock people's confidence and upset reviewers by doing this on purpose to all new reviews.

Please don't be put off - it's what bullies want.

I only mark reviews as unhelpful if they're those inane rubbish questiony types.

"Wow, this looks amazing. Does anyone else like it?" 5*

I have also clicked 'No' in one where some one admits to not actually using the product but then doesn't talk about the other features it has.

Perhaps this person clicking no just takes things very literally... No, this was not helpful because I never had any intention of buying it and just happened to come across this review page. Still, not very nice to 'No' everything just because.

LoveHoney - Alice wrote:

Hmmm, it's been done to all the reviews posted yesterday. I can only think there must be someone who, for some reason, is trying to knock people's confidence and upset reviewers by doing this on purpose to all new reviews.

If it's being done for malicious purposes only. . . .

You Sad Bas*rds

Its really pathetic for someone to be doing that. Keep your chins up everyone! Its not you, its them! x

LoveHoney - Alice wrote:

Pointless. Bizarre!

As WandA said, I'll happily tick no if it's a genuinly unhelpful review - like someone hasn't even used the item (you know the "it arrived whooo oh and it looks pretty whooo" reviews) or they only review to ask a question (luckily you don't get that on LH too much but on some sites you'll get "I ticked 5 out of 5 because this isn't a review but I just want to know if anyone else had this....problem!") but if the review is particularly thoughtful or helpful or informative then I'll tick yes.

Adx

Surely people should only ever comment on how useful the review is if its an item the person was interested in to begin with.. not somebody just grading reviews for the sake of it! No matter what sort of a review is placed about say a candle well I ain't genuinely going to find it helpful as I ain't interested in them so I am in no place to make judgement on how helpful the review was regardless of its content.. get my drift?

InMe wrote:

Surely people should only ever comment on how useful the review is if its an item the person was interested in to begin with.. not somebody just grading reviews for the sake of it! No matter what sort of a review is placed about say a candle well I ain't genuinely going to find it helpful as I ain't interested in them so I am in no place to make judgement on how helpful the review was regardless of its content.. get my drift?

Indeed and I very much agree but someone obviously just went on a click spree! I really wouldn't worry. There will be someone who finds it useful even if they don't click, they don't mean much.

InMe wrote:

I agree to an extent.

But at the same time - if a review is particularly fantastic and gives info on every possible point then I'll click helpful!

And if a review is particularly bad (as in those points I made before) then I'll click unhelpful.

Because one of the best things about LH is its reviews and I think people who write particularly good reviews should feel good about putting the effort in and someone finding it helpful!

Adx

all this talk of reviews has made me relise i have a fair few things to review, i just never seem to have the insperation to do them

Doug wrote:

all this talk of reviews has made me relise i have a fair few things to review, i just never seem to have the insperation to do them External Media

I dont either, partly due to working different shifts and not having the house to myself.

My newest review went live today and hasn't got the thumbs down.. Wahoo!!