Monthly Payments

I've had an idea for certain products on this website. Some products can cost over £400 and I believe that the majority of people couldn't pay this totally up front. Thus, would Lovehoney consider a part-payment system?

Like how Qvc offer just certain products on easy-pay; the contract is made and first payment taken, other subsequent payments are debited from the customers account each month. Only selected products are available for it so where it becomes a selling point to encourage people "yes you do want to spend that much money"...

It's a good idea, but how it would function in each business is more tricky. Would be awesome if it was a thing at some point as they expand even further. (Lovehoney to take over the world one orgasm at a time >..<

I've often thought how wonderful it would be if LH ran a credit account system - however I would be continuosly at my upper limit so probably not the best idea!

For those bigger purchases, I usually put these on my credit card, rather than paying by debit - means I get to pay for it monthly, rather than all in one go. May not work for everybody but it works for me!

Although to be fair, the most expensive thing i've bought was £120 after a discount... there isn't much in the higher price range that interests me! (apart from maybe that new Rends Piston masturbator...) :P

It could work more like one of them Christmas save accounts add money to your account and save for the bigger purchases...

I think they do gift vouchers don't they?

Why not buy a gift voucher each week until you have enough for your expensive toy

DavidB1986 I would be the same haa OH told.me.he is going to ban me from looking before I end up in debt haa. Would be great if you could.pay in monthly to an account though and then use the money in account instead of bank card help to.save xx

I vaguely remember this being suggested before but someone on the forum came up with idea of putting some money in your Paypal each month/week so you have an allocated amount, which is pretty neat...or just saving the old fashioned way.

Idk, it seems a bit unneccessary to me but I probably wouldn't use it either way. Plus isn't there that pay after delivery thing on Paypal now? Although I don't know if Lovehoney offer that.

kayliixx wrote:

DavidB1986 I would be the same haa OH told.me.he is going to ban me from looking before I end up in debt haa. Would be great if you could.pay in monthly to an account though and then use the money in account instead of bank card help to.save xx

You don't need LH to make that happen. Just figure out how much you can really afford to spend each month, put that into a Paypal account and pay from there. Anything leftover at the end of the month carries over of course, which means savings for sales or something expensive.

This isn't difficult, it's the old jam jar method of setting aside money for specific purposes.

edit: sleepycelia beat me to it :-)

sleepycelia wrote:

Idk, it seems a bit unneccessary to me but I probably wouldn't use it either way.

Might not be useful for you, but if someone does want an account to save for something expensive or help stay within budget, a helpful tool already exists. That's all I'm saying.

Yeah rose hip, may need to make a new paypal account as the current one my mum uses sometimes, so would struggle to save with her occassionally using it x

I just don't think it's necessary. Sex toys aren't a necessity, and things that aren't a necessity should be saved for. But personally, I just have a bit of an issue with people that constantly just buy things on credit and end up paying more for the item in the long run because they can't be bothered to save for it. I think it's just an irresponsible thing to do really.

Also, if lovehoney did this they would have to hire and load of new staff to work with the credit arrangements. Then there's bother if people don't manage to pay their bills. It sounds like it would cost them a lot of money to start it up. Secondly, lovehoney are a brilliant retailer and are making a lot of money from being the best around, they really don't need the hassle or the extra bit of money when they're doing so well already.

Then you've also got to think, where will this end? Lovehoney are a retailer, would you go into your supermarket and ask them to stick it on your tab? It just seems a bit too much, and as I say, this credit buying everywhere just leads to higher costs and personally, I think credit should only be used in an emergency.

If it's something you're really interested in you could always just use your own credit card, or use the paypal pay later option. But personally I don't really see a need for lovehoney to have it.

I dont think it should be a tab, but I agree the idea of the jam jar is a good way to go about it and wasnt aware that you could.do this style of saving on paypal. Its not so much that I cant be bothered saving its more I work a job where there isnt alot of money so I usually have to save over a couple of months for even smaller purchases so idea of being able to put £10/20 a month away and then just spend it when I have enough is a good idea for me personally. xx

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to have a go at your or anything or try and dictate what you do. I was really just referring to the first post, and for me personally it doesn't make sense to buy something on credit and end up paying more for it when you could save and get it. I'm glad you agree, it is much better just saving. And when you get what you want after saving really hard for it, it makes it so much more satisfying :)

For some reason it cut off my post...

There is another method to this... Paypal offer a "Pay after delivery" feature. You purchase something and they don't deduct the money until 14 days after the date of purchase.

I use this constantly cause I get paid weekly so I always know that I'll be able to have saved that much money aside by the time I have to pay it >.<
But its also usefull for when you're in that half-way point of being paid monthly and you know you'll have the money soon... just not yet >.<

Yeah I understand where you are coming from, and dont think you are having a go at anyone directly...was just trying to explain what I meant when I agreed to the post xx

I've just opened a savings account online with my bank. I just transfer the odd bit of money to that. When I wanna purchase something, I just transfer it back to my debit account. Takes seconds. Just at the mo, I'm saving for my holiday spends x

If you pay on credit card instead of saving, then when the novelty wears off you will have paid twice and so won't have enough for the next thrill... use credit card and pay twice again. This doesn't makes sense to me.

With the same budget and a delay before the first toy I can have a toy collection twice the size, after the first one there is no more delays because you save while using it (where you would normally pay interest.)

Invest 6 months of no spending and become your own credit card company, charge yourself interest on your purchases and watch that bank account grow.

Naughty stacey I like this idea, this mixed with the paypal or bank accouny would be good xx

I dont have a credit card for that reason x

I have so many saving accounts it's unreal the holiday spending, two very special birthdays next year inlaws 65 and 70, the 70 inch tv fund for my 50th in two years time bedroom tv laptop fund no credit in this house only for bed, washing machine and fridge 0 per cent finance and over 10 months. If we have too.