spending money at lovehoney

so at the moment i have felt like i have been spending too much money on sex toys- even though i have returned a few things to try and make it ok! special offers come along and stuff and i don't like to miss an opportunity.

but i was wondering about other people's spending habits- please don't answer if you think it's too much of a personal question but most of us don't know really know each other.

how much do you spend on lovehoney stuff and other sex toys in like say- a month? do you put money aside each month to treat yourself to something new? do you save up money to buy something you really like or just give in to temptation eventually?!

We have spent about £130 since the 6th septhember but the actual value is far higher due to the amazing offers of late and most of the purchases have went through topcashback so should see a return on that eventually. I have returned the seven til midnight offer as they fitted me so badly it was upsetting so that will drop my spend down by £30. The best thing so far (still to try a lot of things out) is the book I got with the Tracey Cox offer as it is well written and highly funny to read.

We have not had much free cash in the last year so after the kids are taken care of we like to buy something fun just for us.

the recent offers have been really good- glad to find someone else taking advantage. what is topcashback though??

Its a site you go through when you buy online, loads of retailers involved, you get 21.21% cash back on Lovehoney purchases but unlike other sites they dont charge you any fees. It was WandA who mentioned it ages ago.

Hello,

it does depend on how much money I have available after paying the needed stuff like accommodation etc. I am currently also starting to make some savings, but still... I did use the recent offer, although I did use my voucher to get some discount. Still I dont think I will buy anything soon, as I do have some lube in stock, and new toys to really enjoy and I do believe I should try now get the use out of the toys I own, often I did not even write a review yet, but I will post my Lelo Siri one today. sometimes when I cannot afford it I dont buy anything for months. Or only a small, cheap thing. I bought some more pricey items recently, as it was my nameday and birthday

wowee! thanks for that suze- i have just joined!

There was a time late last year/early this year where my spending on here was getting quite silly. I really was just spending too much, just because I seem to have a yearning for the expensive, rechargable toys.

This last few months i've really cut down, partly because I have so much already that I don't feel I can justify any more for now. I also haven't been in a real mood to use many toys for the last couple months. It's a bit like not shopping when you're hungry. Don't search for toys when you're horny if you aren't prepared to spend. =P

All I really really really want at the moment is a tantus o2 Mark, well, the only thing that I really, really want that I can see filling a gap (hehe) and will be used often. But since they don't sell it on LH i've not been too tempted just to splurge and buy it. Other than that, the things that I want have not over-taken me.

Sliquid lube sachets are a bit of a killer though. I really want them for carrying with me, but since i'm such a value geek when it comes to price by volume I'm struggling to put them in my basket. I'm currently settling with having a sachet of sliquid lube, a couple of toyfluid ones from funfactory toys and a pjur silicone sample I got with....something. All wrapped up with condoms in the altoids tin I carry around with me, just incase. =)

Depends really on how much money I have and how satisfied I am with my collection.

I used to get quite a lot of toys as I couldn't seem to find something satisfying, however, now I go for luxury I have a much smaller collection (after a big clear out) and buy less things.

I spend every 2 months on average - then usually get 2 or 3 items- usually amounts to approx £60. My recent purchase was love eggs. ( i do also write reviews on most purchases) However, i have still yet to buy a vibrator... yes its true. We have dildos and i have sexy underwear, suspenders, uniforms etc but i think there are too many vibe's and i am spoilt for choice. I will buy one, some day i am sure.

So far, £120. That's mainly because I'm new, so I want to stock up. I think I'm at the point where all I'd need to buy is lube. But if I consider buying more, I won't be getting it for a while yet.

I take stock of my overall spending every month or so and decide how much to put in my Paypal account. Online shopping comes out of that, if the company is set up for it. Fortunately, LH is. Makes the maths much easier, I can keep to a budget without having to calculate each time.

I've spent about £400 this year.

I've definitely cutting back now though. I have a monthly spending money budget and all non-necessary stuff has to come out of that fund.

I did a tot-up about a year ago on this thread:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/248966-this-website-is-bad-for-me/page-3/

at the time we'd spent nearly £1k on toys - we used to treat ourselves to something every payday. Now there's less we want we tend to save up for a bit - probably treat ourselves 4-5 times a year

I spent a lot when I first discovered LH, but I don't have any regrets. I've got a lot of enjoyment out of nearly everything I've bought, and have taken advantage of some brilliant special offers. In fact at one point my Oh-points took care of all my lube requirements!

These days I tend to be more selective and generally only buy something if it is different to what I have already. I sometimes go for months without making a purchase, then have a spree when a good special offer comes along. I have also been buying a lot more gifts lately, which I greatly enjoy.

A good toy is worth many times the price you actually pay; imagine all the wonderful free nights in you can have with it! I've never spent beyond my means, and I would advise anyone in financial difficulties to wait and save up; there will always be more special offers in the future if you can't afford the current ones. It's worth staying out of debt if at all possible.

I haven't bought anything so far this year (only order has been using up my OH! points), 2 Christmases ago OH bought me my entire wishlist (over £300 of good quality stuff) & I've only bought new lube since then.

I have my eye on a few things for christmas, so will be putting a small order in (only about £50) at somepoint in the near future.

Like Suze, I go through topcashback (or Quidco) to get cashback.

i spend every couple of months- roughly between £30ish & £100. there's always so much i WANT!! but i really should be watching the pennies more than i am....

Me and my partner have been stony broke for the past couple of years, so I haven't made many purchases at all. I have my eye on so many things, but we just can't justify luxury buys at the minute -- if we do have spare cash, we'd rather treat ourselves to a meal out, or new clothes, that kind of thing.

Oh, but a toy lasts so much longer than a meal!

silverdrop wrote:

katmiaow wrote:

silverdrop wrote:

I like meals out, but lately been unlucky.. Disappointed with both the service and the meal. So currently prefer to cook for myself and avoid going out

AA: I know the feeling, as a student I was like that too. I am lucky now to have a job, but no free time because of it, so I can enlarge my collection, although there is now only 1 thing I really really want and thats the new Death of Orgasm bullet.