Unlimited account requirements

My wife has an account on this site for buying surprise gifts! Otherwise we share an account. One account is unlimited. Hers is not (yet). She had two orders which total over £50. When I looked through the faqs in unlimited it implies that all that's required is a £50 spend in total. I was confused why she didn't have unlimited status. I asked customer service and they stated it was a requirement to have £50 spend in a year. Can anyone else see that stated anywhere? It's not a huge deal but it would have been nice to know as now she will have to pay for shipping on one more order! Don't expect that will be a problem though.

I've just had a quick look through the Unlimited info and FAQs pages and you're right, it doesn't say anything about it being within a year any more. It did used to, so they must have missed it when they updated them a little while back.

It's free delivery for everyone on orders over £40 if that's any good to you? I think the 25% off £40+ Unlimited discount would be the perk you'd miss the most, but you can often get better offers through email (and any I find I pop the codes in the Special Offers thread 👍). It's not ideal, but you'd be back to Unlimited with the right order. Obviously your wife hasn't been buying you enough surprise gifts. 🙂

Thanks Ian. Your right about the surprise gifts.

Would you happen to know if it's possible to lose your benefits? Such as by not spending the £50 in one year?

That's right. If you don't spend £50 or more in a year then your account will revert back to a regular one.

The other thing to watch out for is your loyalty points expiring. If you've not earned or spent any for 12 months you'll lose them.

@ I didn't know that if you don't spend £50 a year on LH, you lose your unlimited status. I doubt I have to worry, but it's worth remembering :)

1 Like

Ive been unlimited since the update but a year is a long time and its easy to spend £50+ in one order (for better or worse haha). Id talk to the customer service team again. If it isnt stated and they have past orders to prove she spent the required amount they may be willing to upgrade her account. I have always found them to be fair and understanding

I stupidly put in an order for £42 before looking in to the unlimited membership :man_facepalming: Is it worth putting through a small order to get over £50 before a big order?

I don’t think Unlimited is open to new customers now the website has been updated? The language is a little ambiguous, but this is from the new Loyalty info:

Lovehoney Unlimited
Unlimited is our VIP loyalty program in the UK which features some additional benefits for our most loyal customers. Unlimited is still in place for those existing members.

Maybe @Lovehoney_Brenna can give a bit more detail?

1 Like

Aaah fair enough, thank you anyway :smile_cat: I was trying to look for info about it on the site but couldn’t find that FAQ page you just linked

I’m not 100% sure on the details of the new Loyalty stuff, but the link to the main rewards page is at the bottom of the shopping site in the ‘Shop’ section:

And at the bottom of that page is a link to the Lovehoney Loyalty Programme page that I linked above.

I’m afraid that’s all I have to go on. If you find out anything more please let us know. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

If possible, I’d love to know what the current rules are?

1 Like

I couldn’t find the 40% off code for unlimited anywhere, so I contacted them a month ago and asked, the rep said it’s still in place and told me the code (I can’t remember it now).
Also why I’m here, does anyone know it?
Along the lines of ‘unlimited40off’
Yeah you do need to spend £50 each year to continue your unlimited membership.

Hello and welcome @JamBea :slightly_smiling_face:

I believe Unlimited still works for those people who had it before the swopover, though I’m not sure if it’s available for new people? (if anyone has achieved Unlimited since the website update please shout out :slightly_smiling_face:).

The Unlimited discount is 25% off £40+ (Unlimited25off40), though this will only work if your account is tagged as Unlimited already. The 40% off £50+ is a birthday discount. :+1:

Yep, that’s it… I am still not fully awake :laughing:
So I knew it was 25off, but had to spend £40, sorry if I have confused anyone :neutral_face::sweat_smile:

Update, unlimited25off40 worked

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp - I’ve been a member for ages, and unlimited didn’t work for me yesterday, are the rules still the same?
Last order was within last 6 months and over £60…
quite a few orders within the last year I think, but I can’t see unlimited status anywhere, and I’m pretty sure I used to. Is there somewhere it shows up? Perhaps I have lost the status maybe?

I’ve just realised I’m using you as a customer service rep Ian - sorry about that! Don’t worry I’ll email the guys :smiley:

Edit2: I’ve used the chat! Bree was super helpful and there was a site update where my unlimited status wasn’t migrated. She had to request manually with back office; so if anyone else is missing theirs then it might be an idea to check?
Cheers!

2 Likes

No worries. :slightly_smiling_face: I’m glad you got it sorted. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

The other thing to check for is the new ‘delivery discount’ that’s replaced the Unlimited free delivery. That should show up in your checkout as a £3.99 credit you can use for free 2-3 Day standard delivery, or you can put it towards one of the more expensive options. :+1:

That shows up without a code, so hopefully when your account is properly tagged it will turn up automatically. :crossed_fingers: Some people got the Unlimited25off40 code working, but not the delivery discount, so it’s worth a check in case you need to chase it up. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like