Music You Can't Get Enough Of

Anyone else here go through phases of listening to a certain band or musician constantly?

Sometimes it's an old band I haven't heard in ages, or even one I didn't think I liked before, that I'll become obsessed with. Other times it' a band I've recently discovered.

At the moment, I can't stop listening to Phoxjaw. A smallish band still working their way up, but damn, they make good noise! They're kind of a blend of Alt-J and Arctic Monkeys with a pinch of heavy nu-metal vibeage.

Oh, and Incubus. Of course.

So, who are you playing on repeat right now?

I have a playlist of my favourite songs that I play at least once a day. But I have been listening to the new tracks from The Prodigy's upcoming album No Tourists a he'll of a lot.

K&c30's wrote:

I have a playlist of my favourite songs that I play at least once a day. But I have been listening to the new tracks from The Prodigy's upcoming album No Tourists a he'll of a lot.

Oh cool! I haven't heard any of The Prodigy's new stuff - will have to check it out! Thanks!

Need some1 is a fantastic track and it still has the old school Prodigy sound I grew up loving. It's like Linkin Park I rarely go more than 2 days without a one of their albums being played.

Everything from The Beatles to ZZ Top! I love Metal, Classic Rock and Prog, at the moment i have Judas Priest`s Firepower in the car, bloody brilliant album! I like to put my phone on shuffle as i have hundreds of albums on it, it often throws up tracks i`ve not heard in years!

Can't stop playing Plan B's 'Heaven before all hell breaks loose' album for about two months now. He is a bit of a musical chameleon, each album has a different influence/ feel to it, but this just gets better and better the more I listen to it.

Always lovely to discover a different artist, and then just devour their back catalogue in it's entirety.

It terms of 'go to' back up music, Muse is never very far from my ears.

For me it’s mainly hip hop & dance: Hip hop: Rakim, Nas, Tupac, KRS1, Dr Dre Dance: Soul ll Soul, He’d Kandi, Breakdance.

My local radio station plays a lot of IDLES. I'm constantly listening to their latest tracks.

Depends on mood

Love Britpop - Blur Oasis and love Pulp

Focus fromt he 70's and ELO

Ed Sheeran

Bon Jovi

Meatloaf

George Ezra

Twenty-one Pilots at the minute. Car Radio is perhaps my favourite song ever. I could listen to it on repeat for hours

I’m a heavy metal fan tho you wouldn’t think it by looking at me, well apart from my tattoos, but I love slipknot and system of a down but don’t get to listen to it much apart from in the car as my partner can’t stand it, trying to convert her but she’s having none of it

Yeah, sometimes I end up listening to the same album on repeat for weeks at a time.

I’ve been clearing up and sorting Spotify recently (I’m very particular about music being alphabetically sorted by genre and sub genre, time period, album, artist and mood so it takes a while) and I got stuck when I rediscovered Deftones, who haven’t appeared on shuffle for a while and ended up spending three or four days going back through the White Pony album and completely forgot what I’d intended to use the app for.

So much good music out there to find but sometimes the bands that got me started on specific genres or lead to discoveries of new favourites take a hold on me for a bit.

Classic rock . Went and saw Paul Rodgers last Saturday . Had not seen him since 1976 . Lucky for me we have a great claasic rock station in my area .

One band I always fall back to is deftones, usually if I can’t make up my mind I’ll listen to them on repeat. During the day I tend to listen to a lot of movie soundtracks and the “Chloe” soundtrack is excellent during high pressure days. But music from my youth gives me a huge sense of comfort, papa roach... deftones... killswitch engage... I’ll nino... coal chamber... fleetwood mac... mudvayne....korn...Caliban.... the list is kind of endless.

Right now I'm binging the Greatest Showman soundtrack. I've never actually seen the movie at all, but I know all the songs. I'm also pretty partial to listening to the 'Nightcore'd songs and playlists on youtube.

Paramore on repeat, although in fairness it has been for years.

The Prodigy have released their new album No Tourists today so that will be on repeat until I have learnt it enough to sing along badly to.

Every now and then I go through a phase of needing to listen to mcalmont and butler and then will binge listen. My flow (deezer's random selection of music it thinks you might like) has played a couple of tracks by the strokes this morning and I am feeling like I need to listen to some more of that now. Mumford and Sons are a band who I also go through phases of loving to listen to, but right now I can't stand their music!!

I think I'm going a bit mental really because over the last two weeks that song "Shallow" from the movie A Star is Born is always on my head. I listen to that about 20 times a day, I just can't get enough. The worse is when i wake up during the night to go to the loo or have a dream or a nightmare, immediately this song pops in my head, just unbeliavable. Definitely it's time to change the tune.

Went to see Jeff Lynne's ELO at The O2 couple of weeks ago so thats presently top of my playlist, although today I have created my christmas playlist on a music website that shall remain anonimous