Music, what do you like?

Apologies if there's already been a thread like this, can't be bothered to look!

Just wondering what genres of music people listen to? And do you have any specific playlists you like to listen to when on the move?

I'm in to a somewhat interesting selection! Mainly Dance, Trance, Electronica, 1990s dance/club/pop, some 80s electro if I'm in the mood, (Owl City, to throw a spanner in the works) and drum & bass.

As I'm on the move a lot, I have a playlist on my iPod simply called "out and about" with stuff I think is good for commuting, certainly takes the stress of city rush hour travelling away, as I have to catch 4 buses a day!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/32463-whats-your-sexy-soundtrack/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/183787-oa-music-lounge-tell-us-your-favourites-and/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/209566-music-what-music-do-you-like-to-do-it-too/

It's easier than typing.

and I thought I was lazy

bear in mind of course don't limit yourself just to stuff you use in the bedroom!

That's the second thread.

At this very moment, I'm listening to Snow Patrol.

Dare I admit its Simon and Granfunkel atm?

I listen to almost anything - mostly techno atm but if i hear a song that i like then i'll play it regardless of genre or anything else. Confuses the heck out of people sometimes when you get ABBA followed by Kasputin then Nightcore.

I actually like my bf - hes an amazing musician and listen to his stuff alot

Im listening to Gaga surprisingly. I used to hate her a fair amount - but shes grown on me, and now I love her. Especially Alejandro - and teeth amuses me too.

I also love the scissor sisters too, most of there stuff is very good and the lyrics usually put a smile on my face.

"I can't decide whether you should live or die! Oh you'd probably go to heaven, please don't hang your head and cry"

Doctor Who got me into that song - the Master dancing to it was just too good!

violeteyes wrote:

i like metal music :) favorite band is slipknot, although i really love progressive rock band Tool. good stuff!External Media

My number 1 love is heavy rock, always has been and always will be. Seen loads of bands like Guns & Roses, Aerosmith, Bonjovi, Thunder, White snake, def Leppard, Metalica, Black Sabbath etc but I also like a wide variety of music 80's,90's disco and even classical. I consider myself to be a big softy and romantic with music like 3 times a lady and more than a woman. Yeah I know !!!! Shock horror :? At the moment I'm listening to Texas and The Hush album. Awesome External Media

I do mainly like rock and metal, my fav band ever is Metallica, our first dance at our wedding was "Nothing else matters" by Metallica, that suprised the family lol. But i also love stone sour,slip knot, pantera, killswitch and everything else along those lines. But i also like gaga, classical stuff and LOVE Glee. Im also a huge musical fan so love songs and shows from the west end and broadway.

I like metal as well, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Maiden, Pearl Jam, AIC, Soundgarden, Slayer, Slipnot, Testament.........

Up the Irons!

The Damned, Bauhaus, Depeche Mode, David Bowie, New Math... general post-punk/alternative/punk/goth/80s new wave/new romantic/glam rock/60s pop... et cetera.

xx

thrash metal,metallica / machine head and atm southern metal i.e black label socierty/ hellyeah / and pantera gotta bang to the metal \m/

Paul Weller the mod father

Well, as I may have mentioned in a previous thread my wife and I would probably never have met but for a mutual love of Bach.

A couple of interesting interpetations here:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_pkJc7dKvA

with brilliant guitar work.

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWf29GF0fuE

using old analogue synths that are another passion of mine.

Rock - everyone knows what the best band in the world EVER is Deep Purple. Everyone else is just pretending!!!!

But lately I've been getting into some really quite obscure blues rock and modern blues - thanks to a friend who sends me recommendations ... all this new music is costing me a bloody fortune! But worth every penny.

Music is one of my great passions - in case you hadn't noticed!

Sam66 wrote:

Rock - everyone knows what the best band in the world EVER is Deep Purple. Everyone else is just pretending!!!!

Er, Which Deep Purple would that be? - only Fleetwood Mac and the Bluesbreakers have had a bigger range of line-ups 8-)=

today its red hot chillies or anything dave grolsh style rock on guys

Right now, I have some Ultimate NRG pumping through my Logitech Z5500! ( Google it, It rocks! )

Earlier I had some oldskool Early 90's Breakbeats rockin' namely DJ Die at Universe, Mind, Body And Soul!

However, I also love Classical, Rock ( All kinds ) and hiphop.

When I DJ I play Progressive Trance, Hardstep DnB, Hardstyle or Techno.

I am learning to play guitar. I can play drums and keyboards.

I used to be lead drummer in a drum line in a large marching band.

YEP, I'm an amateur musician... But I'm a Pro DJ ( Retired )

Later I'm gonna listen to some Flyleaf, Cradle of Filth and Foo Fighters ( Yep LMD, - Another Dave Grohl fan here! lol )

Favourite Guitarists -

David Gilmoore ( Pink Floyd ), Slash ( GNR ), Lindsey Buckingham ( Fleetwood Mac ), Kirk-Patrick McCord Seals ( Flyleaf ), Jared Christopher Hartmann ( Flyleaf ), Sameer Samuel Bhattacharya ( Flyleaf ), Dave Grohl ( Nirvana and later Foo Fighters ), Seasick Steve ( Himself ).

So yeh, I have a very varied taste lol!!!