My birthday

My birthday this year falls on a Thursday,this Thursday to be exact.My OH works nights and is in bed all day untill he gets up at 5 to go to work at 6pm(12 hours on thursdays and tuesday) He said there is no way he can come down on my birthday to see me.Im pissed off and upset. Surley he can make the effort right? he knows i am at work at 9am on my birthday so i will be up early,i have asked him to call in from work,knowing that i will be up but he still won't.Nothing i say is changing his mind..i don't get it.

Maybe he plans to surprise you by saying he's not doing something then does...

but I agree with Amanda it's another day... you shouldn't expect him to come off nights and come to see you until he's slept! Being with a man who works nights and only nights most days of the week I wouldn't risk him and his health for my birthday!

Nothing to say you can't push it back a few days and celebrate at the weekend together...

In the nearly 9 years me and my OH have been together he's done nothing for my birthday and I've learnt to not care as Amanda said it's another day. Be a big girl and push it back until it's safe for your man to see you!

Gem26 wrote:

Maybe he plans to surprise you by saying he's not doing something then does...

He has never been one to surprise me so i doubt that lol.

amandammmm wrote:

I'm working on my daughters second birthday. I'm working on my other daughters 7th birthday too. I'm also rota'd for this Xmas day too.

As long as he wishes you a happy birthday and you can both celebrate at a time which is convenient for you both, then there's no need to worry!

I just have my parents in my ear about he should be coming down to see me cos it's my birthday etc and they do my heading...

Why listen to your parents? Unless you're a child in a relationship you don't have to listen to a word they say. Your adult relationship is your own and nothing to do with them. Adults have jobs, and that has to be a priority. In pretty sure after I finished a 12 hour shift, all I would want to do is go home and go to sleep. I think you're causing a problem out of nothing. As long as he doesn't refuse to spend another day with you as a substitute birthday, then there is no problem in my eyes. A birthday is just another day to most adults who work. I wouldn't say it was a big deal.

don't make a big deal out of it it's just another day in the year you don't have to celebrate on the actual day it's self though some sort of acknowledgement wouldn't go a miss celebrate when you both have time to

I agree with my ghost I certainly do mot make a big deal if it anymore unless it is a big one like 21, 40, 50 th etc. but then I am that bit older so I think as you age it is not so important? Enjoy your day though don't let this spoil it. X