Unhappy day

Sorry for the negative post, it’s my birthday today, I always dread it as it stirs up bad memories. Can’t wait for it to be over 😔

Ah mate, sorry to hear you are having a crap day.

Sorry to hear it knight119

That’s crap isn’t it? Sorry you’re feeling down. I recently had counseling because of a traumatic experience in my past that we’re having an impact on me without my even realising it. All I can say is, things can get better. I know as men we’re lousy at talking but it’s the only thing that helps. It doesn’t have to be a mental health professional that you speak to either, a friend or partner could help. Apologies if that sounds overly simplistic. I hope things get better for you.

I'm so sorry to hear that- of course this is just a reflection i'm sharing as I do not know the causes of the sadness.

I had something similar happen to me 4 years ago on my birthday, after that day I decided to take things into my own hands and create a birthday on my terms to make me feel happy and change the way I felt about it. So each year I went travelling for my birthday- UK based or two-three day trips to Europe- all solo. I'd seek out a nice restaurant and have my birthday dinner there, buy myself nice lingerie and visit some really cool museums or tourist attractions. I always found that there were kind people wherever I was on my birthday/travels and that made me appreciate things all the more I focused on those positives. Now I feel much better about my birthday whenever it comes, I get actually get excited about planning things to do and places to potentially go.

This year I can't travel due to some important exams- so i've booked the whole day out to get my hair coloured and then go to the spa. Other alternatives I was planning to go to a supper club, to a jazz bar or attending a painting class. You can turn it around if you choose to next time, to make the day special for you :)

I'm sorry to hear that. Birthdays can be triggering, you have my sympathy.

Sorry to hear that Knight, did you ever look into that massage place we briefly chatted about in an earlier thread. Could be a way to lift your mood? And I’m dead keen to know what it’s like 😁 As a consolation I had a shit birthday too this year when wife got a major cob on, took it out on me and walked out to “stay with a friend” for a few days. Didn’t know where she’d gone or for how long, felt properly crap at the time and still not happy I spent my birthday wondering when or if she was coming back. If roles were reversed I’d never hear the end of it but we are expected to take it on the chin. Hope you find something to smile about.

Thank you very much everyone for all your kind words, it means a lot to me. Unfortunately Ron, I’ve felt this way for over thirty years for multiple issues. Until I joined the Forum this year I never discussed anything personal with anyone. You’re a fantastic bunch of caring people. Many thanks.

I hope you manage to get through the day ok Knight1119. Happy birthday.

Thank you K&c30, very kind.

Big virtual hugs to you Knight1119. ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

Thank you very much Lu SB, so kind ❤️

Knight1119, feel free to get anything you need to off your chest, long as it is within the rules. Sometimes speaking to faceless folks makes things easier. Thinking of you my love x

Thank you very much RosyCheek, you are so kind x

I'm sorry for you Knight, I never really like it when it's my birthday I got really drunk on my 17th birthday and now I don't like to think about all those years ago, Got so drunk i literally bounced off walls fell down stairs etc.. which gave me some health (head) issues.

Thanks teacake.

Thanks Nibblenob, I’m sorry to hear about your issues in your relationship. Sorry I forgot all about the massage place. I hope things improve soon.

Sorry for that knight111, I hope you have managed to have an ok day xx

Thank you very much Lotus Tea, very kind.

Thank you very much Fun&Funky, very kind x