My Reviews

by @Peitho , 23rd January 2023
Lovehoney Black Sheer Mesh High Waisted Thong

Lovely… but size down!

I am a size UK 12-14 but pear shaped and bigger below than on top so I always have the quandary of whether to go for the medium 10-12 or the large 14-16 in LH lingerie. Here, I definitely picked wrong. Stupid really as I should have known they’d sit just below my waist, which is small, and not need to encompass my rotund bottom or thighs. Such a pity.

The make quality is excellent. The mesh is super soft and not at all uncomfortable. The elastic bands have a lovely feel and the waist band is cut relatively wide for a smooth silhouette. The stitching is all absolutely immaculate. With no stretch required across the garment, the mesh panels appear opaque when worn, so I’m actually revealing very little.

Sizing, however, is off. Yes, I’m the smaller end of the size range described, but these are huge! I’m pretty sure they’d fit a size 18 very comfortably. This poses a problem as worn without any stretch to the elastic, the mesh is crinkled and wrinkly, which is not flattering. This is such a shame as the style otherwise with the high, leg lengthening cut is exactly what I go for and very flattering on me.

I feel a bit mean knocking a star off because if this thong had fitted me correctly, I think I’d love it. Unfortunately, wearing the large, on me, there is a distinct resemblance to Nora Batty’s wrinkled stockings (for anyone old enough to remember them!) so it’ll not be a regular in my underwear selection.

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Pros: Materials used, cut, style, make quality.

Cons: Much too big!

Bottom Line: This is a gorgeous, very well-made thong, but if you’re between sizes, definitely size down!

Addition - Well now I feel particularly mean to the thong as the tester post had Medium as 10-12 and the Large as 14-16 (which I think is usual for LH) but the shopping site has increased these to Medium being 12-14 and Large being 16-18 so the sizing may actually not be too far off and I most definitely should have opted for the Medium instead! :see_no_evil: It honestly is really flattering and, though I boastfully say it myself, looks better from behind on me than on the model… looks better from the front, non Nora Batty’d on her though!

8 Likes