My wand plus attachment combo died, advice on a new one!

We’ve been using a Doxy original wand with the LH silicone G-spot wand attachment for PIV sex, and it was great, but it is no more. I wasn’t actually inserting the attachment, it gave us something easier to angle between us, and also something that could be taken off and washed properly, which is more than you can say for the wand. Plus it was a nice amount of surface area, both more concentrated and more comfortable than the wand on its own (which has a bit of a “burn your clit off” thing going on). I think we generally went for the middle setting, which the Doxy comes on at

Anyway, the attachment now rotates on the wand, and doesn’t transmit vibrations any more. I thought the attachment had somehow stretched and ordered a new one, but that does exactly the same, so it’s the wand, which does look a little like the neck has curved. (No idea whether LH will allow me to return the attachment, since we had to open the packaging to put it on the wand.) I tried the wand on its own, assuming it would still do something, and I really don’t like that huge head, it took forever to get me off. Plus it’s loud and heavy. I’m disabled, so I could do with something a little lighter.

Things I’ve used before:

WeVibe Tango: this is the toy I keep at my partner’s. Nice, and easy to use during sex, but I could do with something a bit more powerful.

Lelo Smartwand large: bulky to use, didn’t tend to get me off, and died anyway.

I’ve fished out a PalmPower from the drawer to check why I didn’t like it, and got the answer as soon as I turned it on and it immediately numbed my hand. That thing was painful, as I recall.

What do you recommend? And would it work with that nice attachment I already have, or be a suitable shape to use on its own?

2 Likes

Hi @Zerlina , welcome back!

I 100% would recommend a rechargeable wand for you. The Mantric is my personal favourite as the vibrations are rumbly, deep and penetrating. It’s waterproof and no cables so super easy to clean and the perfect size and shape for easy maneuvering. It’s not as powerful as a mains Doxy but does still pack a punch and the type of vibration make it very effective for me. You wouldn’t need the attachment. The Mantric, the controls could be slightly better but everything else is perfect so I’ll forgive it that.

I have a Doxy Die Cast but the cumbersome shape and weight and wire mean I never use it for solo play just for longer sessions with my OH.

Lelo (based on wave vibe), like you, I’m not a fan. I dont like the Lelo vibrations, I find them too buzzy and rather ineffective.

Having recommended the Mantric, I’m afraid, that no, it wouldn’t work with the attachment. You need one of the big mains boys for that. I’m sure, even having opened it, you can still return it given the circumstances though. Certainly under the happiness promise you can, you have good reason given you bought it for a wand that no longer works.

@Peitho Thank you!

How much weaker than the Doxy is it? Do you reckon I’ll have issues with it being too weak? And is it slim enough to slip between us during PIV sex? I looked up the measurements compared to the Lelo Smart Wand, since it’s the same shape, and it’s a much better size than that. I’ve a feeling the Lelo may have been a bit weak for me, but it’s been so long, and it could have just been that it didn’t feel right in some other way.

I don’t really mind if a wand is mains powered.

It’s not as powerful as the mains Die Cast but that is the most powerful wand you can buy currently.

Having said that, I prefer the Mantric’s vibrations to the Die Cast, that can make me numb after a while, the Mantric doesn’t seem to. It is also much easier to hold and position. As the vibrations are rumblier and more penetrating I find them much more effective than Lelo vibes.

We certainly use the Mantric during PIV but it does of course depend on the position. I would say, the vibrations are great for male genitals as well as female.

1 Like