Doxy.. Is it really worth it?

I have a BodyWand currently that I purchased while in the States. It was my first, and I LOVE it, it's my favourite toy next to my tango. However, I thought I would invest in something a little more poweful and I have read some reviews about the Doxy and finally took the plunge last week.

It is quite heavier than my BodyWand, and feels more "grumblier" too. I love the silicone material as it is very hygenic and easy to clean.

Initially I thought I loved it and was a little shocked as to why I didn't splash out and buy one sooner... but it just isn't doing it for me like my Body Wand. I have tried and tried all weekend and after thorough testing I just can't seem to get on with it.

Does anyone else feel the same? Am I being too critical?

Works for me, but I'm a guy. That thing is so powerful it can make me cum, through my clothes!

I know if you use the same toy for a long time you kind of adjust to coming from that kind of stimulation and it can become harder to orgasm with a new toy as it feels different to what youve grown accustomed too, for instance if I play with my tango all the time I find it harder to come with any of my other vibrators even those that are stronger like my lamourose vibrators.
It might also be that you've imagined this as such a holy grail of a toy that you've sort of set an expectation of orgasming which for me would also kill off any chance of cumming.
I would try it for a while longer, youve got 365days after all but if you just aren't getting on with it don't worry not everything works for everyone :) xx

I use my doxy with the attachments. I don't use the doxy on its own. I don't have the body wand to compare and I don't feel I am missing out on anything though.

Give an attachment a try. Mine send me into a different universe.

Thanks guys. I'll give it a few more tries and see how I get on. I am so deflated!

Echo32B wrote:

It might also be that you've imagined this as such a holy grail of a toy that you've sort of set an expectation of orgasming which for me would also kill off any chance of cumming.

I definitely think this could be part of it. There is so much hype around the doxy so the expectations are immense.

It is a shame it isn't as good as you were expecting. Every body is different so it could just be the doxy isn't suited to you.

You said that initially you thought you loved it but now it isn't doing it for you. You've only had it a very short time so it may just be mood/life/stress/hormones/tiredness/the weather that is causing it to not do it for you. If I was you, I'd use it a few more times over the next month or so to see if it is a learning curve, a blip, or just not for me.

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

... but it just isn't doing it for me like my Body Wand. I have tried and tried all weekend and after thorough testing I just can't seem to get on with it.

Does anyone else feel the same? Am I being too critical?

You sound pretty much like I did after I had just bought my Lelo Mona2, and I think Echo32B and Friday13 are right: The problem is (too) high expectations one builds up after having read lots of rave reviews.

As I couldn't send back my Mona, I have overcome my initial disappointment and found uses for it (though it's vibrations are definitely less rumbly than L'Amourosa's and weaker than the Happy Rabbit's), but in your place I'd return the Doxy if it still won't do it for you after a few tries. For the price of the Doxy you'll nearly get a L'Amourose Prism...

Suggestion.
Your profile says you are a going steady female.
Why not have your partner tie you up, blindfold you and work on you with both wands at different times, not knowing which is which may give different sensations.

If noise is a giveaway have both "on" but only one in use.

Just a thought.

luvved up cupple wrote:

Suggestion.
Your profile says you are a going steady female.
Why not have your partner tie you up, blindfold you and work on you with both wands at different times, not knowing which is which may give different sensations.

If noise is a giveaway have both "on" but only one in use.

Just a thought.

This is great. Although the hard thing is going to get my OH to turn them on, let alone use them. I mainly use them during solo play or when he can't get me off, so this may be a good trick to try

This is always tough. A new powerful vibe can feel very different. We have the LH magic wand and its fantastic. I have been TOYING with the doxy tor over a year trying to decide.

The issue is this vibration come in waves from any toy . there is a rythem and depth to the vibration. Your body will have a certain to in or pitch that it will like. Once youve found it you will be away. Its just like sound waves the higher the father the waves.

LH s has a scroll this allows the speed and power to be verified. The doxy starts very powerful.

Its my suggestion you don't use it directly. Try it on your mons Venus or pubic bone and feel the deep penetrating vibes or as suggested get some attachments

Good luck

Gentle giant wrote:

This is always tough. A new powerful vibe can feel very different. We have the LH magic wand and its fantastic. I have been TOYING with the doxy tor over a year trying to decide.

The issue is this vibration come in waves from any toy . there is a rythem and depth to the vibration. Your body will have a certain to in or pitch that it will like. Once youve found it you will be away. Its just like sound waves the higher the father the waves.

LH s has a scroll this allows the speed and power to be verified. The doxy starts very powerful.

Its my suggestion you don't use it directly. Try it on your mons Venus or pubic bone and feel the deep penetrating vibes or as suggested get some attachments

Good luck

goldenoldie wrote:

Gentle giant wrote:

Good luck

The Doxy speeds can be varied more accurately by push buttons than the scroll wheel on the LH wand and it restarts at its previous setting so can start on the lowest speed. And I would definitely recommend the use of attachments for better focus of the power

The body wand has the same dial to control the speed. I think in fairness this could be the problem as I just can't seem to get the setting that does it for me.

We love using my Doxy with a glass toy, I don't cum easily but when combined with the pink one I get the best orgasms but it still takes my mind being distracted with dirty talk to fully relax in to having an orgasm, I prefer to start on lower settings and then choose whether to ramp it up or not xx

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17187

I think you need to persevere with the Doxy a bit longer it could be you are so used to orgasming with a certain toy in a certain way on a certain setting that subconsiously you aren't allowing yourself to get there with the Doxy

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

The body wand has the same dial to control the speed. I think in fairness this could be the problem as I just can't seem to get the setting that does it for me.

Hi SB , its the major is issue just being able to find that sweet spot of power and vibe.

Still having no joy guys! I use it in combo with alot of other toys and still not having much luck. I feel I can get close easily but it's not just taking me there. Will try getting my OH to have a play with me with it and see how we get on.

Shame 🙁

Maybe have to demote it to just a massager then.