Mystery box comeback?

A couple of years ago, LH did a special offer where you paid an amount (£30 I think) for essentially a lucky dip box of stuff that was being cleared out...
Any chance LH will be doing anything like this again?

I think I remember someone asking this a few months ago - and the answer was no :(

Let's just say.... You never know.
When I first joined the forums, I asked about the previous 'lucky bags' and was told they wouldn't comeback because so many people complained about what was inside - it was just a massive headache.

Then last summer they did some bundles, like the lucky bags (and I bought 2!)

So who really knows.

I'd buy the hell out of a mystery box. Or two. Most of all bondage themed mystery boxes. It would be a great way to get introduced to new things that maybe I had never thought to buy. And if I got something I already have... well, the more the merrier!

They've said no to random grab bags a few times, and the mystery bundles they brought out last year had set contents so while they were mystery they weren't lucky dip (though some people got an extra luxury toy). So they aren't likely to do the random grab bags again, but they might bring back more of the set 'lucky bags'. You never know :)

This sounds like a really interesting idea, but I can appreciate why LH had to stop doing it.

I can imagine how disappointed I'd feel if I paid £30 for a lucky dip, then opened it to find a bunch of anal toys for instance, as I don't do any anal play. I suppose you'd get an idea in your head beforehand of what you hope is in the box, and if that's not it then it's going to be a bit of a let down.

If the boxes had themes or hints to say what kind of objects were in them, without actually stating specific products, then I think that would be a good idea. Like a mystery bondage bundle, or glass bundle, vibrators, or essentials Etc. :)

Boogaloo i think they had male/female/anal and bondage!

Ah, that sounds good! I was a LH member back then but very rarely used to come on (whereas now I'm on here almost every day!) so I think I missed those bundles. Sounds intriguing though :)

The "bumdles" certainly made life amusing in here

I think they should do them again but not with luxury items.

Because it meant a lot of people cancelled orders just to see what was in them and decide they didn't want them.

As good as it sounds, and I agree, but I can imagine there would be a lot of cancelled orders. People's tastes in toys is very personal and obviously very different. Even in each of the groupings mentioned above there would be a million different types of toys that could go in, some we would like some not. We prefer actually to save our money up and get that one, usually more expensive toy, that does the job perfectly.

Ah this makes me feel old!! I always wanted to know what was in them

As a late onlooker to the thread it seemed that the issue with the latest ones was that all the bags were pretty similar but 1 in every so many had a bonus luxury vibe. As soon as word spread that someone had a we vibe/lelo in addition to the regular stuff people started ordering multiples and then cancelling the orders that didnt contain a luxury item.

I can imagine the trouble it caused because i know i have placed orders in the past and within minutes the status has changed so its already being picked and packed! Imagine doing all that and then having orders cancelled as soon as they are placed, bound to get confusing!

Personally i think it could work if they didnt reveal the contents until you received it. Ok i know you can still return the items, but it would deter people from ordering, cancelling and then reordering again!

I think these bundles work great for newer people to toy play but when youve been here a while and you own one or two of each "type" of toy youre interested in, you are bound to either get duplicate items, or items you wouldnt have normally bought.

I loved the bundles last summer, got some new toys out of it and two or three duplicates, but I gifted those to friends.

When LH did the bundle offers, there was a choice of couples, male, female and anal which is where the 'bumdles' comes from - lol :) xx

Ha bumdles. I like that. That's what we would go for :)

Hot Dog wrote:

Ha bumdles. I like that. That's what we would go for :)

The bumdle was the best! It contained the booty buddy that convinced my OH to give prostate play a go. My sneaky persuasion went something like 'This one is designed for men, no it's not for me. Won't work, I'm a woman. Sure it's no bigger than a finger. No, I can't return a single item. Why don't you try it since we have it anyway?' It worked! :p

i would love to get a sex toy lucky dip how cool would that be it would help clear old stock too :)

The only thing bad about the bundles was people cancelling their orders due to not getting a luxury item. Think Lovehoney might of been better off it they did it so you couldn't see what you was getting on your account before the item was shipped.

What about underwear ones usual range the other plus size starting at 18, I'd love this knickers hold ups ect would be great fun.

Ooo underwear ones would be fab!