Need a blokes perspective....

It wouldn't make a huge amount of difference either way to me personally, I am sure the idea might appeal to some guys.

I certainly wouldn't say that 18 is an exceptional age to be a virgin anyhow, despite what some people and sections of the media might try and convince us, not every teenager is running around getting laid continuously.

Do you think you would tell your potential partner beforehand that you were a virgin? I certainly don't think you would in any way be obligated to, but it would probably change the way I approached sex if I were in his shoes.

Alex.

I've not slept with a huge number of people, more than ten, less than twenty, probably average for a 30 year old. Anyway if I could take a few of those off with hindsight I'd be left with about four! I have respect for people who have patience and take their time with things.

sweetie when the big day arrives some ideas

1 make sure you are some where secure and cant be overheard or interrupted so you can relax

2 have nice clean bed sheets ( persoanlly like freshly washed cotton)

3 Have the lighting low but not off.

4 Music in the background can help relaxation and reduces self conciousness

Im sure the ladies here have more

I was 19 when I lost my virginity. There is no rush. Lose it when you are ready. Don't let anyone pressure you. I've been in situations where I've been told by ex's that if I loved them I'd sleep with them. They became ex's very very quickly! In the end the decision to have sex and who to give your virginity to is yours. If you're ever in a situation where you feel uncomfortable or don't feel ready don't feel you have to go through with it. You can say no at any point.

Other than that there's all the contraceptive options to consider. Personally I back the belt and braces approach (won't get caught with your trousers down ) condom's and a hormonal backup be it the pill, implant or Mirena coil.

Most of all remember that most people's first time is a bit awkward just enjoy it and have a giggle.

It's really nothing for you to worry about and it certainly shouldn't be an issue - if anything he should be flattered. I would advise you to tell him (but obviously that's just my opinion) so that he knows to take things slowly etc.

It has to be special you must want like they say if if he really cares for you he will respect you and not pressure you into it!

I am now twenty, I have made amazing friends and experienced so many new things I don't regret for one second waiting!

(I can also rationalise the cost of my toybox as money I would have spent on dates ;)

sweetielicous wrote:

I am now twenty, I have made amazing friends and experienced so many new things I don't regret for one second waiting!

(I can also rationalise the cost of my toybox as money I would have spent on dates ;)

Good for you. Keep holding to that standard and waiting for the right person!!!

sweetielicous wrote:

Good for you , nice to hear, how about a you start a thread to reassure others there is nothing to fear and how you felt then to how you are now. Would be so helpful for women , whilst it's still fresh in your mind.

if 'he' has a problem with you being a virgin, then 'he' can zip it back up and do one!

24 and still a virgin, and it's something i've never been ashamed of in the slightest, now i have found the right guy, and you really do lose any anxiety when you know you met the right one :) Now it's a case of it happens when it feels right for us both, no pressure, no worries. I don't stress at all about will i be bad, will it be awkward, i could honestly just laugh together with him at any odd noises or funny faces or mistakes i may make, it really is the best feeling :)

I was 22 engaged hated it only married him to get away from the family sex never got any better. Today I have a brilliant husband alas we can't now health reasons but I wouldn't swap him for any thing

Could be considered appealing, but i think the reason is that you will be their first. So it's more of a mental than phsyical thing.

Other than that it wouldnt really be scary, he would just need to know so as to be gentle starting off.

sweetielicous wrote:

Hope your CFS has calmed down too :)

It really shouldn't matter either way. There will be plenty of options, so just choose wisely.