need cheering up- hospital operation woes! :-(

lol.

x

Hope all goes well

Well, my operation is looming in a weeks' time and I am getting very nervous now. I went back to the hospital today for my x-match blood test before my op.

I was wondering does anyone have any words of advice for me...?

xx

Yes, try to think of it as less as you can. I had laparoscopy done 9 years ago, planned, after 4 years of apendix problems. I know how nervous you are, as I was scared as well. Try to live on as usual as much as you can. Its hard, but the best option.

Good luck.

thanks laveila, I shall try not to worry or panic too much.

xx

No advice but the usual about trying not to worry, that they do these operations day in day out. All will be fine.

xx

Just an update:

I know it has been a while but for those of you that may not already know, I had the laparoscopy op and they did find some endo. I had it removed with diathermy and had the mirena inserted to help manage it and also for contraceptive reasons. This was back in july this year, but I have since had nearly 5 months off sheer hell, constant pains and cramping on an all day, everyday basis, not even codeine, ibuprofen and paracetamol that my gp prescribed would settle it. Had u/s scan to check it wasn't the coil embedded or ruptured my womb and all was ok, but revealed I have also Adenomyosis, a closely related disease to endo.

Still complaining of severe pains, my gp referred me back to my gynae, whom I saw late last week, he's convinced it's still the endo and wanted me to do a course of zoladex which long term can cause early onset of the menopause = no children and bone density deficiency/weakness. I realised after I cannot have this as my grandma had osteoporosis and my nan and mum both suffered natural early menopauses. If he had had more time for me he would've known this when he should've asked my family history and we maybe could've come to another solution? So this is no longer and option for me, nor is surgery as he refuses to operate again so soon due to scar tissue ect....

Convinced myself it is definately the mirena, and with nobody listening to me- I know my own body best, and if they'd listened to me 7 years ago, they would've found the endo so soon back then, rather than fob me off with what they thought was 'normal' for me?! It wasn't! So I took it upon myself to go to a family planning clinic to get it out, this was yesterday and although still tender around my pelvic region, I feel 110% better already, so fingers crossed I am now free of the constant pain. Is it normal to still be so tender? Removal was fine, not complicated and a tad uncomfortable, knowhere near as bad as insertion.

Obviously now it's removed, my endo may come back much quicker, my consultant that did my laparoscopy said even with mirena I would be lucky to get 18 months before it's return. Because of this and the complications involved with zoladex and others such like, I am allowing my body to revert back to normal, I've started to eat more balanced and healthily and me and my oh have decided to try for a baby in the very near future (possibly in the new year), as we feel sooner will be best in our situation rather than later. Even the lovely doctor at the family planning clinic said it may be our best option and we would be wise to do so given the circumstances. Afterwards I can maybe go back to my gynae for treatment if the endo has returned or hysterectomy.

rb

xx

xx

Hi Ronnie-baby,

I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles. I've been going through the same process for over 2 years now. I've tried a few different treatments (including zoladex) and unfortunately haven't had any luck!

I go to a support group for endometriosis and I hear the things can get better once you have a child. Unfortunately, I'm 19 so having a child isn't up for discussion for me at the moment.

I'm having a lap on tuesday to view the development of my endo and I'm keeping my hopes up that there will be good news.

I hope you get better soon! Good luck!

xx

Hi Clare, best of luck with your lap op. Gosh, 19, you're still so young to have such a cruel disease. I cant have or wont no longer consider zoladex due to family history and the fact that it may affect my fertility long term. I'm hoping it was all the mirena causing these problems, I know now I don't have it my endo will return quicker but thats why me and my oh are going to start trying for a baby soon. We want to eventually but given the circumstasnces its now a case of sooner rather than later. I am only 24, my mum age when she had me.

xx

Hey you both, Clare and ronnie-baby, whatever you are going through, try to be positive!

It really helps the body fight a combat on its own in addition to the treatments/surgeries you have to undertake!

x

Hey,

Just wanted to update you on how my op went. It went very well, my endometriosis has been removed!! Also, my bowel was stuck together and also stuck a little to my pelvis. This has been freed up and I am now on the road to recovery. It'll be a few weeks before I'm back on my feet properly but I'm so relieved to be getting better. My partner and I actually cried tears of joy when the gyno told me what had been done. He also said I have a healthy uterus for the future. I have never been happier!

xxx

It's great to hear that Clare

aww clare im so pleased to hear the good news.i hope you recover well and you and your partner can now look forward to the future together. got the go ahead from my gp today so me and the oh can start trying for our first baby.will keep you posted. xx

Ronnie-baby, all I can say, is that at some point you may say to yourself 'what have I done' (having the op) but know that you will feel much better after you start to heal and it will take awhile, I wasn't that prepared even though I was told it was heavy surgery, having said that the surgeon did do more than expected while in there!

Also make sure your OH is prepared to do everything for you for the first few weeks. It does get fustrating not being able to do stuff but you have to let yourself heal.

Wishing you all the very best for the op and recovery and lets hope this gets you sorted once and for all!

xx