Never got my birthday discount

I wasn’t sure whether to put this in ‘off topic chat’ or ‘inside Lovehoney’ as this can technically be for both.

About a month or two ago, I was on the forums and people were talking about the birthday discount and I realised I never got mine on my birthday even though my birthday is listed on my account. So, I contacted customer care and never got a reply. What do I do? I don’t want to badger customer care about it but I find it unfair that I didn’t get it and other people get it.

Another question, does the birthday discount only last for one day or does it last for multiple days? I wanted to know the answer to this when I emailed customer care but of course I didn’t get a reply.

Just so you know, I did email on a week day in the day so it’s not like it was sent over the weekend and they didn’t see it because of that.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE I contacted customer care again and awaiting a reply.

UPDATE 2 This issue has been resolved.

3 Likes

You need to contact Customer Care again. They’re the only ones that can help in this situation.

The code normally lasts for 30 days I think. Though I’m not sure it’s multiple use.

3 Likes

Sometimes it doesn’t happen automatically. Customer services will sort it out though.

1 Like

Are Birthday Discounts still part of the new ‘rewards’ system?
I’ll be honest and say I’ve not looked into it or read the emails in much detail, but assuming they must be based on above.

1 Like

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/loyalty-faqs.html

4 Likes

Muchos gracios sir!
Best I start putting an order together to use up my points :slight_smile:

Looks like VIP status might be reset then, and 3 new orders needed to qualify. Ah well, always good reasons to buy more goodies :smiley:

2 Likes

Weirdly I’m the same and have never had a birthday discount…

1 Like

Last year, mine didn’t get sent automatically the week before the big day so I had to contact customer care and they sorted it. This year, it was fine. I think it lasts like 2 weeks after your birthday? I used mine the same day I got it, so I’m not sure.

Hope it gets sorted for you :crossed_fingers:

I never got my anniversary code. I think some other users were having trouble with it; like getting blood out of a stone type of thing, haha. Probably why I didn’t bother.

3 Likes

Maybe I’m just too impatient but I always use the live chat option when contacting customer care, instant reply then, maybe try that @sharbur if you don’t get a reply soon xx

1 Like

Live chat hasn’t always been available recently :expressionless:

2 Likes

Didn’t get my Birthday discount last year and decided to contact LH through live chat. They couldn’t of been any more helpful.
Hope you get it resolved :blush:

2 Likes

Live chat never works. Emailing is the most effective way @k8xxx

1 Like

Yes it does?! I always use it :smiley:

2 Likes

Not for me unfortunately. They are never helpful on live chat.

@Mr_Kink1 you should have received a direct email to say there’s nothing to do. If you were VIP before you’ll automatically change to the new rewards system.

It’s only for new or previous people that haven’t put in 3 orders yet that won’t change to rewards until they’ve done 3 orders. To be fair 3 orders isn’t too many to start receiving some rewards :slight_smile:

I finally got my code yesterday but ever since I’ve been wondering: what percentage off is it? I’ve been looking around on the forum and people are saying 10%, 20%, 40%, etc and I am confused as to which one it is as I’ve only been here for a year and have no idea. Does anyone know?

The Unlimited one was 40% off £50+, though obviously only for those who were Unlimited while it was active (this is tailing off now, and will be completely phased out by 24th March 2022).

If you’ve only been here a year then I don’t think you would have been Unlimited at any point? (that closed to new people when the website swopped over Jan/Feb 2021? Something like that).

Regular account holders had a 20% off £40+ one.

If you have a code and are unsure, just add it to your basket and see what it gives you. :slightly_smiling_face: It won’t get ‘used’ until you checkout.

1 Like

Yeah I never got unlimited. I made my account around the end of February last year since I had only found LH and was old enough to make an account. I will probably try putting it in and see what it says

1 Like

Could you find a product you want, pop it in the basket - go to checkout, enter the code and then you should be given the option of continue shopping whilst seeing the discount amount?

1 Like

Mine was 20% off £40 in December

1 Like