New partner new toys?

If you were to get into a new relationship (FWBs through to romantic), would you be happy using toys your new partner had from a previous relationship? Not so much restraints etc but wands, vibrators and dildos for the ladies, cock rings (and dildos if that's your thing) for the guys.

If not is it due to not wanting a reminder of another person, hygiene or just because it would be good to start afresh and experience new toys together?

I'd be happy using external toys and well made/well cleaned internal ones. I feel sex toys and lingerie are too much of an investment to refuse to reuse them! If I had to throw away a £60 vibe every time I got a new partner I'd be bankrupt! If you get quality toys and clean them properly there should be no issue. I have a friend (male) who doesn't like his girlfriend wearing lingerie she's been in for another man. I guess it's just about personal preference and how much you think about these things. My mind just would never wonder about my partner using toys on previous women... just as I don't tend to think about those other women in general!

Personally I think this would be a discussion to have as a couple one may not have a problem and the other might. Also to find out what you are both into and boundaries wise instead of here is my collection. I feel I would be comfortable with restrains or solo toys for that persons self but there would be a line due to hygiene and the personal side of things not necessarily as a reminder but more the intimate side of where it has been and do you want that. I also think it’s good to be honest with most things but with your solo toys you don’t need to say someone got it you, it’s just yours and what you are into as that partner may not like it but if they don’t know then probably fine with it.

I think if I was the new guy I'd draw the line somewhere between 'used with ex-partner' and 'been inside ex-partner'. 🙂

My take on it is the same as Ian, i would have no problem with a female using toys she previously owned and used on herself, but things like cock rings or butt plugs that had been used by her previous boyfriend would be a no!

1 Like

Ian chimp I’d agree with that that’s what I was saying solo toys and restrains yes I’d be ok about but not toys been in an ex partner purely for the personal side of it as well as hygiene.

When I met mt partner many years ago I remember her whipping out some toys farily early on in our relationship. I did not ask then, nor ever have asked, if she had used them with anyone else. Not sure I care. We now have an extensive collection, all kept very clean. Should I fall under a bus I suspect they would still be around when she finds my replacement.

WillC wrote:

My take on it is the same as Ian, i would have no problem with a female using toys she previously owned and used on herself, but things like cock rings or butt plugs that had been used by her previous boyfriend would be a no!

Especially if the cock ring just falls off because it is too big!![](upload://rWunPW3zYHdA0ypr4dRQnAP8JTy.gif)

collector...exactly! ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

That depends on a lot of things for me, what type of toy, hygenie of toy and person it was used on etc. How intimate I am with said person aka trust said person.

For example I had a friend with benefits and I only used a vibrator on him with a condom, didn't know him that well etc. I clean my toys after every use, with water and soap then spray down with toy cleaner.

My boyfriend now, I use everything with and he's the same with me but were both anal with cleaning them, hygenie and fully trust each other. Plus most have strictly been used only on ourseleves with one or toy exemptions.

Today's sex dolls become favorite sex toys of men or women. **EDITED BY MOD**

It's about trust for me. I'd need to be sure the toy had been cleaned properly and, more importantly, the material it's made of. The cheaper toys or toys that aren't waterproof I'd replace. Steel, glass and some silicone I'd keep.

I really hate to see good stuff go to landfill so to throw anything good that can be re-used would probably upset me more than any emotional ties.

I've actually recently been given a We-Vibe Wand by a friend who had trouble with the weight of it. She says she bought it for her back and to use on her neck and shoulder in the bath (yeah, right! I hear you say), but she had problems as she has very weak wrists. I know this is a genuine problem she has. I keep telling her not to buy heavy toys and wands but like many desperate for pain relief, some things seem like a good idea at the time.

I had no problem taking it off her hands (literally) as it's the kind of material that can be well washed and sterilised.

I'm waiting for her to give up on her njoy Pure. She bought it as a trigger point massage tool but has struggled to use it on herself. It's such a beautiful thing, though, I think I'll be waiting a good while!

No I don’t think I’d care about toys that had been used on someone else as long as they were well maintained and clean.. and also depending on the material, ones that weren’t too old... I have a lot of toys, whips, restraints, lingerie etc that I’ve collected and I’d feel quite sad if my partner didn’t want me to use any of it because I’d used it before... and I’d probably challenge him on it somewhat, cause I certainly wouldn’t be throwing anything away! I think things develop new meanings in new situations and I’m sure this would also apply with toys...

I have an extensive collection so it would be very wastful to get rid and start anew. I generally only buy insertables that are made of glass, steel or silicone so these can be sterilised. If the other person is squeamish a condom can be used over the toy.