Old toys, new relationship

Has anyone ever had any 'toy' issues going into a new relationship? By this I don't just mean letting your new partner know about all the toys you have, but with them accepting them?

Maybe faced objections such as "did you use that with your ex? etc

How did you handle it, or did you bin them all and start over (the toys, not the partners 😂)

I haven't as yet.

the only toy I used with my ex was a butt plug (in me)

i properly clean and sanitize my toys and so would be confident using them.

Although my collection has bloomed ten fold since being single so I've only used my toys on myself by myself

but to answer your question I prescribe honesty as its not right to lie about these things especially if the toy was used inside your ex and you want to use the toy inside your current partner etc

if it were me I'd expect honesty and personally wouldn't want to insert a toy that was used by another woman

any toy for any use for that matter tbh

I think I remember a popular thread on this some time ago and my thoughts haven't really changed. I would say that most bondage stuff should be fine, I would replace pinwheels, gags and anything that can't be sanitised though. As for insertables, I would only keep them if they could be sanitised and/or they were only used by myself. I wouldn't want to use a toy on somebody else if I knew I had used it on a partner.

I wouldn't keep anything porous/potentially toxic (not that I use them anyway), cock rings, couples vibrators or anything that could have come into contact with my previous partner that can't be sanitised.

I've never binned a toy because of a new relationship.

I talk about them with new partners (every partner I've had has been fine with it), and use them if they are comfortable playing with sex toys, but never refer to specific acts done with a previous partners. To be honest I treat it the same as any other sex acts: no one wants to hear what you've been doing in bed with someone else. But that doesn't mean they wouldn't enjoy doing sex acts with you that you've done before.

The way I think about it is, would a new partner not want me to give them a BJ because I've given a BJ to a previous partner? Probably not. So why would using a toy be any different?

Sterelization important, obviously.

Hope this is helpful.