Normal kids books that we always laugh at when reading to the children at bedtime

Ok so…. We read to the kids every night before bed to the children… anyone do the same and can’t stop laughing when you read them and the kids have no clue why!

I’ll start with our top 3 lol no order

Dick Whittington
Dirty little dinosaur
Puss in boots.

I’m writing this as laura is reading these books right now we are in stitches and the kids are getting angry lol :joy: thought it was a fun off topic chat that I couldn’t find just for some fun.

Can’t wait to see anyone else’s books

1 Like

Okay I don’t have kids but I think you’d both thoroughly enjoy reading, “Brenda’s Beaver Needs a Barber” to them.

Google it - hilarious and genuinely could be read to kids though clearly designed to entertain the adults!

2 Likes

There is a video on YT of a Scottish women reading a child book to kids, it’s really funny as she could hardly contain herself.

2 Likes

Wonky Donkey? :rofl::rofl: omfg I love that video!

2 Likes

That’s the one :grinning:

2 Likes

He was a hanky panky, honky tonky, winky, wonky donkey.

1 Like

Walter the farting dog

1 Like

James and the Giant Peach…the title always makes me titter!

1 Like

I can remember reading fungus the boogie man but love to read to my son when he stops over is the grufalo he loves it . Then we go up to winlatter forest near keswick and do the grufalo trail .you meet all the animal in the story as you go along and when you get to the top you are met by a 8ft carving of the gruffalo. Its a great walk as its on my doorstep and great memories with me and the boy :heart::heart: happy times with dad and son :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Great guys keep these recommendations coming I will buy everyone that will make us laugh and the kids confused lol :joy:

In that case:

Reach Around Books

Expensive to buy paper copies especially if you’re not based in the US but hilarious… Brenda’s Beaver is free to read online there though :+1:t2:

ETA: Actually you seem to be able to read all of them there if you click on them. Bonus. Nicely illustrated for children though I’m not sure you’d actually get away with reading them as it might cause a backlash from teachers at school :rofl:

2 Likes

I used to find them books where you could poke your fingers in the holes rather amusing :smile:

Anything by Julia Donaldson. Kids love the stories, and I (dad) love making up voice and songs for the different books. Always a bedtime winner

1 Like

That’s Not My Santa

1 Like

The Great Dog Bottom Swap!!
Big laughs from the kids. Nervous laughter from the adults…

1 Like

I’ll note all these down tonight and see what we can get for free on prime reading and what ones we need to buy lol I’ve seen snippets of some they look funny, if anyone has a link to get them for free like a pdf format let me know, that’s if you know off hand. We love angling the kids because we are laughing so much at something they don’t understand lol

:star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

When reading peppa pig books and the family are eating bacon or sausages, do you teach kids the dangers of cannablism lol.

Or say bing opens a lemonade stand and makes some money etc but in my mind im waiting for the tax man or health inspector to turn up haha

1 Like

Don’t get me started on Peppa Pig…too many years watching it…had to stop little one watching it as was copying her attitudes…

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

@zombifiedguy

1 Like

Omfg I hate peppa pig :pig:! Little brat she is.

1 Like