Not so sexy: Thrush and Cystitis/Bladder infections

I'm up at 4am - with yet another urine infection. I suffered for years, then after a cystoscopy and biopsy of my bladder I eventually got it under control with a long term daily dose of trimethroprim, to keep it at bay. But now it's back and I think it's a result of all the sex I've been having with my new man - it's so not fair! Owwwww!

How are you feeling Mrs Sxe?

SS xx

Urinary tract infections are very common amongst the fairer sex and it's all to do with the shorter urethras women have and the natural bacteria rich vagina cavity in close proximity. Fortunately in woman it's not a serious problem but for men, and this isn't man flu talk, it is as by the time the bacteria have colonised up to the ureters they've already covered a far larger area due to our larger urethras.

hmmm this is still proving to be a bit of an issue.

Everytime I go into the pharmacy I get asked if I've had more than x number of occurences in the last 6 months. The truth is of course 'yes' but I've been to the doctor about it and all they seem to say is 'some people are more susceptible'.

Acidophilus, Actimel, Cranberry extract etc. I feel like a supplement freak!

Thrush is shite. So many people don't realise how men can suffer just as often/badly as women do.

I'd never got it until i got with babyH. Since then i've suffered 2 or 3 times. Although once it hadn't really cleared up properly.

I know what to look out for now and if i catch it early then the usual over the counter (or bought online as its MUCH cheaper) things work.

Other than that, i have no other advice. You have my sympathy though. Bloody awful it is.

my OH suffered a bit of that - usually it was after a vigorous sex session or a very long lovemaking weekend. Which sucked as it was hard to know when we were making love that i was doing her harm sometimes.

cranberry juice - NOT cranberry drink - (or even better, cranberry pills from holland and barrett) were fantastic preventative measures.

triple strength cranberry tablets

acidophilus (a lot of billions)

etc. already on the list.

I had just suffered this which lead to kidney infection. Of course i blamed my other half when we were have to much sex

I've currently got a raging kidney infection which failed to respond to first lot of antibio's so now am on knockout ones apparently, like Domestos my Dr said, which then means Thrush I expect.... :-(

And all from an extended & rather vigorous oral session I suspect....

I haven't suffered before so for those who do you have my sympathies as I feel like death currently.

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

I've currently got a raging kidney infection which failed to respond to first lot of antibio's so now am on knockout ones apparently, like Domestos my Dr said, which then means Thrush I expect.... :-(

And all from an extended & rather vigorous oral session I suspect....

I haven't suffered before so for those who do you have my sympathies as I feel like death currently.

hey miss terry my thoughts and feelings go out to you i know whatmy oh told me doesn't sound or feel nice so hang in there hope it goes away soon

Thanks hun, am sure these new antibio's will wipe it out and at least Thrush is relatively easily treated....

Stupid oral sex followed by a damn good rogering......

hehe well MTC it was worth it i hope!

well hun you took your chance i hope it was worth it happy yoghurt munching

DrtyBoy wrote:

hehe well MTC it was worth it i hope!

Oh it was worth it, altho the pain is bad now, I think the circumstances surrounding it made it worthwhile, just...External Media

Definitely don't recommend it that's for sure...

lickmadick wrote:

well hun you took your chance i hope it was worth it happy yoghurt munching

Indeed I did.... Was a once in a lifetime chance too I think, so was definitely worth it, haha!

Best stock up on yoghurt when I go shopping tomorrow, lol...

thats what my OH and I always found, the sex marathons were fantastic but the days after for her were a nightmare - we were told to take it easy and take cranberry tablets and not have to deep a penetration

but that advice was not heeded - how can you when you are all passionate and into the moment?

put a cock ring halfway up your dick

You need to ask to see another doctor. You don't have to take the bad advice that this one is giving you.

See someone else and don't take no for an answer! If you think about slumping away once you have been told off (why do doctors do that?) think about the pain and discomfort that you are in, and ask again.

i know this is really random but i couldnt think of anywhere better to put it.

i think i may have a water infetction but im not sure ive booked an apointment with a doctor but cos its a small village its not till mid september i constantly need to pee and when i do (its not all the time just somtimes.) it stings and my pee has an odd smell to it and is cloudy, the oddest bit is it feels like theres somthing in my urea like somthing i can pull out but theres obviously nothing there.

im obviously not asking for a diagnosis just to know if anyone else has had similar feelings like this and what did they do? its driving me slightly mad even to the point where ive convinced myself my OH has cheated . xxx

littlepixi wrote:

i know this is really random but i couldnt think of anywhere better to put it.

i think i may have a water infetction but im not sure ive booked an apointment with a doctor but cos its a small village its not till mid september i constantly need to pee and when i do (its not all the time just somtimes.) it stings and my pee has an odd smell to it and is cloudy, the oddest bit is it feels like theres somthing in my urea like somthing i can pull out but theres obviously nothing there.

im obviously not asking for a diagnosis just to know if anyone else has had similar feelings like this and what did they do? its driving me slightly mad even to the point where ive convinced myself my OH has cheated External Media. xxx

sounds like you may have cystitis.......i get bouts of it....really annoying and uncomfortable.....i have the same problem getting into my doctors so i tend to use the family planning clinic as its drop in or go to my out of hours doctors service. Failing that pop along to your local hospital as they will also have a out of hours clinic there. You can buy over the counter treatments.........in the form of sachets and also drink cranberry juice.......they help ease the symptoms however most times you will need antibiotics to clear it up as it............when you do get to see the doctor...they will do a simple dip test to test for cystitis.....and they can diagnose straight away.

It may be the case that you do have a urine infection...so again antibiotics will be needed to clear it up..........dont worry about it......all very common but just very annoying.....but get it seen to asap as the symptoms will only get worse and can leave you feeling quite ill!!!

ah i see i didnt know what in clinics did that or family planning ill have to pop in during the week ive had it for a while but it comes and then goes so i thought nothing of it but now im getting really fed up! Thank you! xxx