Not sure where this might go.

I just wanna know if any of the guys on here have had a yeast infection before and what did they do about it?

My boyfriend recently woke up with a sore penis, with cracks on the foreskin (it's sometime tight) and then this white stuff underneigh the foreskin. He's only had the white stuff twice apprantly but the cracks are common (every 6 months or more) have nothign to do with sex coz he woke up with this and before me he was a virgin. Anyways, I'm trying to push him to go the doctor coz I've googled it and it comes up with a yeast infection, we're going to have a clamidia test even tho I had a complete check for everything last year and have only been with him since and he was a virgin before so it's pretty impossible for us to have clamdia, anyways... IS it important for him to go the doctor for this yeast infection, or is it okay for him to keep it clean and wait till it clears up by it's self (it isn't really bad)... I've come to the point where I've told him if he doesn't go doctor I'll withheld sex haha coz frankly I don't want a yeast infection. xxx

Bahaha, the thread of no sex worked and he SAYS he'll book an appointment :) still tho, would like any advice too from those who have experienced it.

In a word: yes.

It might well look like a yeast infection but you need someone trained to make that diagnosis, especially when it's the first time. Get your OH to go to the GP or to GUM clinic to put your mind at rest.

Probably best for you both to go and get a full set of tests done just in case. Some STIs can be dormant and some don't need PIV sex to be transmitted so even if your OH was a virgin he could still have caught something from oral or even kissing.

Better safe than sorry! Good luck

xxKPxx

Sorry bohohippy, cant be of any help at all as never experienced such a thing.

Would seriosuly get it checked out though for his sake and YOURS!

Cheers

Y

He's never had oral before me, and has kissed 2 girls, the last one was 5 years ago and the other was in high school (he's 24). I guess it's time for me to get another complete check as I was checked 2009 January and they say to do it yearly?

Anyways, he's now told me he's getting an appointment so all in all, it should be okay. I'll ring the gum clinic on Monday and get another appointment and suggest he has one done too. It's the most horrible thing to have done tho, haha the women kept telling me to loosen up and I was like, I'm naturally that tight!! :S

Anyone ever thought about arranging a LoveHoney members meet up ?

Charlie Boy wrote:

Errr bit random in a thread about a potential STD!

Yep. Docs the best idea. I hope all goes well.

WandA wrote:

Charlie Boy wrote:

Errr bit random in a thread about a potential STD!

HAHAHAHAHA i agree its a very random comment.... maybe post in a thread that isnt to do with a potential STD!

Apologies for that. Day two and still learning about how this works :-)

Ok, I'm pretty sure it's a yeast infection, I've been talking to some of my friends and the fact it started with red dots a few weeks before, it certainly sounds like thrust. He's keeping it clean and going to ring the doctor in the morning to get it checked out. We're both almost 100% sure we're clear but are also going to get STD checked just for the sake of it. :) I hate getting checked, I'll do the clamidia test at home coz well its free from that be-wise website for under 24's. I dread to think what he'll think when I try and get him to book into the gum clinic, bless... Happy Christmas Sweetheart! :D

bohohippy wrote:

Ok, I'm pretty sure it's a yeast infection, I've been talking to some of my friends and the fact it started with red dots a few weeks before, it certainly sounds like thrust. He's keeping it clean and going to ring the doctor in the morning to get it checked out. We're both almost 100% sure we're clear but are also going to get STD checked just for the sake of it. :) I hate getting checked, I'll do the clamidia test at home coz well its free from that be-wise website for under 24's. I dread to think what he'll think when I try and get him to book into the gum clinic, bless... Happy Christmas Sweetheart! :D

I have never heard of STD called "thrust" but it sounds like one of the best to have!!!!! External Media

hey can anybody give me some one to one advise please? add me as a friend

sally1234 wrote:

rough idea about what?!?!?

about sex

bohohippy wrote:

My extremely non-medical opinion is: sounds like thrush. The worry there is that thrush needs a moist, sugary environment to thrive, so the doctor (he MUST go!) will most likely test his urine for excess sugar, which could be a hint that his body's not processing it properly.

Maybe a change in diet will help it clear up on its own?

Hope all goes well: I've been there too.

MrMr

sally1234 wrote:

Sally, welcome to the forums. You'll find lots and lots of good advice here (and some weirdness too!), but people try to keep each thread to one main topic. If you use the search function at the top of each page you can find out if anyone's mentioned your problem before.

I'd advise you to check out the forum rules, too - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/forum-rules/

If you really can't find a thread that answers your questions, why not start your own?

I'd really advise you to share your issues on a thread rather than getting a single chat going; that way you get the benefit of everyone's expertise (and there are quite a few experts on here!)

Best wishes,

MrMr

Mr Monster wrote:

sally1234 wrote:

Sally, welcome to the forums. You'll find lots and lots of good advice here (and some weirdness too!), but people try to keep each thread to one main topic. If you use the search function at the top of each page you can find out if anyone's mentioned your problem before.

I'd advise you to check out the forum rules, too - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/forum-rules/

If you really can't find a thread that answers your questions, why not start your own?

I'd really advise you to share your issues on a thread rather than getting a single chat going; that way you get the benefit of everyone's expertise (and there are quite a few experts on here!)

Best wishes,

MrMr

Very well put Mr M. Its kind of why i was asking for her to be more precise so she could be pointed in the right direction. Private chat for talking something through with a stranger.... for gods sake how dangerous is that? She could end up chatting to you or I, and that cant be good... hahahaha External Media

Sally,

I would advise him to go see the Doc as soon as possible, Thrush can be caused by several underlying health issues such as diabetes or it could be a reaction to certain foods - the sooner he gets checked out the sooner he will find what is causing it, it won't just go away.

Hope you get it sorted soon

abby