STD worry

Hey, bit of a worrier. Have never had a STD but now my mind is thinking.

Been seeing someone nearly 1 1/2 years. All pretty good. Due to work we catch up when we can. Met on Sunday and was all good. Sex was good as usual. Nothing rough or that.

Had to pee quite a lot last night. Been drinking quite a lot of water so thought nothing of it. Today had sex again and felt a little sore when he was inside. Again nothing rough

Doesnt seem to sting when peeing but at the end of the pee there is a little ache. If this helps if I clench my vagina muscles then I can feel a slight ache

never been 1 for getting a urine infection so wondering if it could be 1 of these things. Anyone got experience?

last had sex with him 12 days before this but if it was an std then would it come on in under 12 hours? Would a urine test from dr show this up? Or showing up at a family planning place would that give me a quick response?

am I panicking for nothing? Other worry is he'd worked away for 2 nights. Don't believe he'd been up to no good but think I want to get myself figured out before tackling him if I needed to. I won't be seeing him until next week.

Get to your local sexual health clinic it could be nothing but best to get it checked, good luck

paulsballs wrote:

Get to your local sexual health clinic it could be nothing but best to get it checked, good luck

Agreed, definitely best to get it checked out at walk in sexual health centre. It could even be something like a tiny bit of tampon string caught inside you, or something like a urine infection which you just need antibiotics for. The doctors will complete any tests quickly to get the result to you as soon as possible. Best of luck!

Take the drama/worry out by eliminating the unknown. Doctors are there for a reason -they have seen it all and will not judge - don't wait, do it.

If you have a sexual health clinic you can usually just walk in and they will give you what you need to do a test and have the results back relatively soon. If you don't have one a simple call to your GP reception saying you would like a sexual health check. There is nothing to be embarrassed about, it is recommended that you have a check after each partner and before a new relationship begins.

Waiting times for results depend on how often the samples get sent away. At my GP samples are sent Monday, Wednesday and Friday pm with results available on Tuesdays and Thursdays only. If there is an urgent issue the Dr will call as soon as they know.

Good luck sweetheart.

It sounds a bit like a UTI to me. Drink loads of water and make an appointment to be sti checked because its better to know if you have something so it can be treated.

Most GP surgeries have the facilities to do a sexual health check. If you've not had one before they are really simple, at my GP the nurse does them, all they do is ask you a few questions, give you some big swabs and let you swab your vagina in private and then do a quick blood test to check for HIV or Hepetitus.

Jezebella wrote:

It sounds a bit like a UTI to me. Drink loads of water and make an appointment to be sti checked because its better to know if you have something so it can be treated.

Most GP surgeries have the facilities to do a sexual health check. If you've not had one before they are really simple, at my GP the nurse does them, all they do is ask you a few questions, give you some big swabs and let you swab your vagina in private and then do a quick blood test to check for HIV or Hepetitus.

+1

Best to get it checked although I agree that it does sound like a UTI......I suffer from this on a regular basis. Take a urine sample!e with you so that can be checked too. xx

Anyone can get a UTI any time. I wouldn't assume just because you've never had one so therefore this can't be one.

A doctors cannot test for STDs/STIs. Thats why there are GUM clinics at hospitals etc.

Get seen by a Dr ASAP for a UTI test (they'll ask you to pee in a cup and they will test it) then prescribe you appropriately.

Then if you are still concerned look up your local GUM (Genitourinary Medicene) and ask for a sexual screening. I have had one or two and is similar to a smear. A speculum is used and a swab is taken. This screening tests for HIV too so it offers peace of mind.

🐼

Some great advice here. I thought I had a UTI a while ago, I rang my walk-in centre and asked what the process was for getting seen. They told me to come and sit in the waiting room and that they'd see me that day. I was seen within about 10 mins as I picked a quiet day!

The results came back after a week and I was clear. Sometimes it's nothing, sometimes it can be a UTI, thrush, or an STD. But don't panic! Whatever it is, it should be very easy and quick to treat but you must get checked out.

Good luck!

I would suggest getting checked as soon as possible, only because the longer things are left the more painful they can be. It's a quick check up and a few tests and all the worries will float away instead of stressing yourself out.
Its definitely worth asking the partner if they are committed when the time is right so you know the rules.

It does sound an awful lot like a UTI or similar which can happen even if both parties are clean, you just need to be irritated in a certain way or the other person to have a little dirt on their fingers etc.

Hopefully it all gets sorted quickly for you and try not to worry. Drink plenty of water too as that may ease it all a bit.

it could easily be a UTI... do you have any discharge as it could be a mild yeast issue or BV, which is not an STI.

Either way get checked... i had a yeast issue a few weeks back and I had them check for STIs when they were swabbing. Did I have any concern or real change in behavior to need the swab, NOPE, but the peace of mind and taking charge of my health is important to me.

Get yourself to a GUM clinic. It does sound like a UTI but it's sensible to get tested, especially as you don't sound like you did before you started seeing the guy. GUM clinics can also test for UTIs so it won't involve two trips.

I insist a new partner gets a check up (and I get one too of course) before I have sex without a condom. Often people assume their partners do not have an STI because they have no symptoms but not every STI is symptomatic. Even if they are ultra monogamous it is possible their previous partners weren't or their previous partner's partner's weren't. This website does a calculation of how many people you have indirectly slept with: https://onlinedoctor.lloydspharmacy.com/blog/sex-degrees/

Most likely to be a UTI. Nothing really to say but go to your GP

Get yourself checked! Better safe than sorry and even if it turns out to just be an infection, it can then be taken care of.

SquirtyPanda wrote:

A doctors cannot test for STDs/STIs. Thats why there are GUM clinics at hospitals etc.

They definitely can! I once had a suspected UTI and my doctor gave me a test for chlamydia and gonorrhoea to rule it out.

Most people don't go to their GPs for a STI test because it's embarrassing, not because you can't do it.