Condom allergy/thrush/please help my vagina!?/sorry it's gross! :)

I've been trying to find some good information on condom allergies... Any good links?

I don't really use condoms, as I am on the pill and I've generally always been in a trusting relationship. I've used them in the past but can't really remember how it was.

Anywho, I think I have thrush at the moment (another thing I am stuck with) so used condoms so I didn't spread the infection... It's probably just a bad idea and I'm just irritated and shouldn't have sex with possible thrush in the first place, ..but we neeeeeeded to!!

So I thought it must just be hurting because of the thrush(?) but I then remembered when I first started having sex and using condoms years ago, and I think it used to hurt me then. I remember the pain was a reason I liked using them in a way because they were more rough and scratchy, as I liked rough sex, though thinking back I think it was more of a self harm thing back then...
Does everyone generally feel them rubbing a lot? I used water based lube on this occasion too so I don't think it is to do with any dryness. We had to stop as it was rubbing and stinging so much.

So wondering if I could be allergic to the condom material or the lubriant they use on them, or generally be a bit more sensitive than some down there? Orrrr it's just because of thrush (but I haven't had trush before so that wouldn't explain why I remember them hurting when I used to use them) I'm not sure if it's all condoms though. So maybe it is just general irritation and I would be okay with super thin ones maybe?

Quick few questions about thrush too as I had a crap Dr who basically told me nothing. "Oh yes, women get thrush, you can get a pill and it should go away." It was a man Dr. :)

I had that kidney infection if any of you remember, a few weeks ago, the antibiotics I was on had a high side effect of getting thrush, so I assume that's what this is... However I wouldn't particularly describe is as itching, more just swollen and painful. I couldn't tell if I was smelly either because my antibiotics made my pee smell like medicine (think calpol) so haven't been able to comment on that..
The doctor didn't give me a prescription so I had my boyfriend get me some Canesten duo from the supermarket, which was a whopping £12 something for 1 pill and a small tube of cream which really stings on me so I stopped using.
I thought my thrush(?) went away, but still used a condom just in case, but now I'm sore again and I don't know if I have thrush again, if I had it in the first place, if I have an allergy, some other problem (doubt I have an STD as my boyfriend is practically attached to my hip so no chance he's cheated on me) or if it's just generally sore and I'm panicking for nothing?

Sorry if I am panicking as well! The kidney is still sore and I'm awaiting an ultrasound on it so I think I'm just scared in general as I have quite a few things going on in my insides which are worrying me. I've had an abdomen/ovary/(could be bladder now I know I've had this water infection)pain for a lonnnnng time so bit worried I have something wrong with me. They blamed the ovary pain on PCOS but when I went to A&E about my kidney the nurse said I shouldn't feel much pain with cysts unless they pop, which they shouldn't as often as I am complaining of pain because they are usually big cysts which pop and hurt, not little cysts like in PCOS.

I hope I didn't take the canesten too close to my antibiotics as well and it hadn't worked. That's why I insisted we use condoms.

Apologies for grossities. I'm gonna book an emergency appt at the Drs today if I can so thought it would be good to get a bit of an opinion as I'll only have a short appointment and I have other things I need to talk about so need some idea of what to ask. Can they give thrush treatment on free prescription? I can't afford to pay for it again!

Thanks in advance, gonna jump in the shower then rush about like a madwoman doing all the things I should have done hours ago before I go to the Drs, so sorry if I don't reply!

(I feel a bit gross sharing all this LOL but I feel sharing things helps other people who might be experiencing similar) xxxxx

Generally, you should try and not have sex whilst you have thrush as it will just cause more irritation and keep the infection there longer.

I don't think you can get a free prescription for it, if you normally pay they would still charge you or you could go get some over the counter stuff.

Drink lots as you would with a water infection and drink cranberry juice if you like it.

Pee as often as you can and don't use soaps or shower gels down below until it has cleared =)

Also wear loose, breathable clothing/ underwear to ease discomfort. Hope that helps =)

You could possibly have a latex allergy, when your better maybe try some latex free condoms xx

Hi Labyrinth -Love the picture! Well I thought I shouldn't still have thrush according to the instructions it should clear and I took it over a week ago, that's why I'm worried I've took it too close to my antibiotics and they've not worked properly. I get free prescriptions.

I've been trying to drink loads and I got cranberry capsules now so should hopefully be okay. Not sure why I feel sore again though, I'm hoping it's just back pain rather than kidney pain.

I use a PH balanced soap from Sliquid and I've been using it to wash my hands with so I don't get any irritating soap on me, like when applying the thrush cream for example, but it just really really stung and burned so I stopped using it. I think it's just to soothe the itching anyway (which I don't feel itchy, just swollen) so I don't think it matters with regards to fixing it.

Am I okay to use babywipes do you know(unscented) as even toilet paper is feeling soooo scratchy! I'm worried now lol, I've been wearing pantyliners and changing them throughout the day so I'm in "cleaner pants" but I don't know if they have anything irritating on them?

You could try unscented babywipes but if it feels irritating stop straight away. If you're at home you could also try just pouring warm water between your legs after going then pat dry =) Hopefully the emergency Dr is nicer to you! x

I don't know where you are from but go to a GUM clinic (in most hospitals) if you have them.

I kept going to the doctors and they were USELESS. GUM clinics know what they are doing and may prescribe things other than canesten. Sometimes it just doesn't work first time or you need a combination. Eah prescription can have a slightly different combination, some work better than others.

Also eating yogurt with probiotics can help to keep thrush at bay.

Hope this helps!

Hiya
I didn't end up going to the drs yesterday in the end (another long story) basically I was only really going because I needed to go for another reason as well.
But yes I did think I will go to the GUM clinic on a drop in day.
I didn't realise it was eating the natural yogurt? I'd heard you can put it actually on the labia and inside the vagina, coated in a tampon for a little while? -Thank you Anna :)

Avrielle I get free prescriptions too. I didn't know there were different kinds of thrush either. All I'd heard was standard vaginal discharge type and babies getting it in the mouth. I assumed somebody I know would have had it but no one has unless they're embarrassed to say lol.

Yay hugs! I'm getting one thing after another! Really hoping I just have back pain and not kidney pain again because I don't want to have those antibiotics again!

I absolutely hhhhhhate going to the drs!! I feel cursed with them haha. Hope everyone is okay! Thanks for all your help :) xxx

Hey, I've had a brief read and so I don't know if anyone mentioned what I am going to say but I am on the pill and was getting a irratation and like you thought it was thrush but the meds didn't help it would come and go. In the end I changed everything, pill, wash stuff etc. My dr kept changing his mind then I went to a GUM clinic that told me I had a hormone imbalance called BV and it was all sorted out quite quickly. I don't know if this is what you have but if your doctor can't help then I would go to a GUM clinic like the people have advised you to, they're really nice too.