OH NO!

My rabbit broke!

had him less than 3 weeks, and because i got it from crappy ann summers (before finding LH) cant return it complaining.

SO - suggestions on replacement model?

As it's less than 3 weeks I'd take it back there and complain, things are supposed to be fit for purpose and last a reasonable time, that clearly hasn't...

But, I have the G spot rabbit from here and it's good... If AS won't take it back, you could always use the rabbit amnesty here and send it back and get a LH one half price...

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/rabbit-amnesty/

yeah seen that. might have to send the lovely thruster on to LH to destroy. Unfortunately I'm brassicaly skint at the moment and just lost my only 'penetrative' toy.

*self pitying whining*

I'm torn between the standard jessica and the gspot, as i'm not one for "slimline"

Try these threads:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/70905-rabbit-problems-help-needed/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/137024-choosing-a-rabbit/

Return it under the Sale of Goods Act http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange.

I recently returned some boots because the heel wore through within 3 wears. Breaking within 3 weeks is their responsibility and they owe you a refund, a replacement or to fix it for you!

They don't *have* to refund it, (they can fix it or replace it with the same toy or a different one - though you have the right to reject a different one) but if they do, then you can spend that on one from LH (plus they're cheaper here :P).

Adx

You should be able to take it back and swap it or get a refund x

Unfortunately I just bought it in a store not online, I have neither the box nor the receipt, and I couldnt bare-face my way in with 'Hi I broke it'.

Rabbit amnesty it is!

Thanks all. £43 down the drain. not happy

Unfortunately I just bought it in a store not online, I have neither the box nor the receipt, and I couldnt bare-face my way in with 'Hi I broke it'. Rabbit amnesty it is! Thanks all. £43 down the drain. not happy

bah multipost

Might be worth sending them an email anyway?

MsEllie wrote:

Unfortunately I just bought it in a store not online, I have neither the box nor the receipt, and I couldnt bare-face my way in with 'Hi I broke it'. Rabbit amnesty it is! Thanks all. £43 down the drain. not happy

You don't need actually need a receipt. Only proof of purchase, did you buy it on card? A statement should do.

well just tried to email them and got

Prohibited characters error

You have attempted to execute an action which our server has flagged as malicious. Your request will not be completed at this time. Please contact our service representatives and we will be glad to resolve this issue.

Click on the 'GO BACK' button to return to the previous page.

MsEllie wrote:

well just tried to email them and got

Prohibited characters error

You have attempted to execute an action which our server has flagged as malicious. Your request will not be completed at this time. Please contact our service representatives and we will be glad to resolve this issue.

Click on the 'GO BACK' button to return to the previous page.

I knew I didn't trust you....External Media

LOL thanks.

Probably flagged as malicious for containing the words 'Broken' and 'Refund'

Nah sod it I'll write it off to experience and save up for a new rabbit. Cant face going back into the store or campaigning for a refund off a company I cant email.

I think you're mad! Wasting £43 just to save face? Clean it well, print off a bank statement showing you purchased it and when and take it in a carrier bag or something. All you have to say is you bought a product from them 3 weeks ago and it broke can you get a refund. They may be awkward but just quote the Sale of Goods Act and they should change their tune quickly.

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

I think you're mad! Wasting £43 just to save face? Clean it well, print off a bank statement showing you purchased it and when and take it in a carrier bag or something. All you have to say is you bought a product from them 3 weeks ago and it broke can you get a refund. They may be awkward but just quote the Sale of Goods Act and they should change their tune quickly.

Adx

Indeed. Sound like you know your stuff and you soon get sorted.

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Return it under the Sale of Goods Act http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange.

I recently returned some boots because the heel wore through within 3 wears. Breaking within 3 weeks is their responsibility and they owe you a refund, a replacement or to fix it for you!

They don't *have* to refund it, (they can fix it or replace it with the same toy or a different one - though you have the right to reject a different one) but if they do, then you can spend that on one from LH (plus they're cheaper here :P).

Adx

Wow you're good! And WandA too! You are like The very wise parents of Lovehoney!

That's a shoddy affair if i ever heard one! That's why LH are sooooo brilliant, the returns system is great and it's so easy to get in touch etc. Customer service is next to none and is so important.

Feel really sorry for you MsEllie, what a horrible thing to happen, and right before Xmas! Good luck with it!

merry cherry wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

Wow you're good! And WandA too! You are like The very wise parents of Lovehoney!

Haha my mum works for Trading Standards so I spoke to her when I returned some products recently under the Sale of Goods Act and the Distanced Selling Act - made googling the info much easier!

Adxx

I would really make an effort to return it too. I started off in Ann Summers too and had toys which didn't work. They weren't too happy about refunding them, but if they break then legally they have to refund them. I wouldn't touch AS with a bargepole now. I wouldn't read too much into the email thing, as I expect all they'd tell you to do is return it to where you bought it anyway.