OK I give up

Well I have just about had enough of this site, I have had reviews disapear and not show up on my review list

And now I spent over an hour responding to a request for help on this forum making sure to spell check everything and think out what I wanted to post, and proof reading my post to make sure I was providing postive help yet once I was done with my post and hit submit I must have been timed out and did not realize it which caused me to loose my entire post.

Some request for help require thought and time put in to provide quility advice it sucks to have it all wiped away because of a security feature.

Most forums have a button where you can select to stay logged in.

Until these issues are resolved I will no longer participate in the forums

For all of you that welcomed me I say thank you, but my time is too valueable to be wasted by this nonsense.

I've never been logged out before, but that's a shame for you.

Maybe it's worth copying your text before you hit submit in case of errors like that, then you don't lose your work.

Aww - please don't give up.

I am sure your extra effort on your reply would have been so valued by whoever you were answering.

Perhaps in future if you know it is going to be a lengthy well thought out reply you could write it as a document and then copy and paste to the forum with just a couple of 'taps' with no chance of being timed out.

As for the 'missing' reviews - have you tried contacting CC? They are pretty awesome.

Please take a breath and have a re-think xxxx

I am sorry to hear you are leaving the forum :( 

Unfortunately, we had no choice but to put this security feature in place. More details can be seen here: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1639003-does-anyone-else-find-the-i-am-not-a-robot/

All the feedback has been passed on and we will be ironing out these issues, but for now, we had no choice but to take some swift action. 

In regards to lost reviews, please do get in contact as we can look into our pending posts for you.

This is how you can contact Customer Care: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/contact-us/

We are sorry to lose you, but also understand that time is very valuable. Thank you for your participation. All the best and hope you feel you can return one day. 

myrkari wrote:

Maybe it's worth copying your text before you hit submit in case of errors like that, then you don't lose your work.

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Perhaps in future if you know it is going to be a lengthy well thought out reply you could write it as a document and then copy and paste to the forum with just a couple of 'taps' with no chance of being timed out.

I understand your frustration as I have done this quite a few times and that was even before the new security :( It affected my reply as sometimes I wouldn't bother again or not at that time but as I am aware of it happening to me, I now do as recommended above with copying text or writing it in a document first; I know that may not be ideal but the forum is a great place and that isn't enough for me to leave. I understand that that doesn't mean that you will feel the same, I am just putting in my piece. We do hope to see your name pop back up but in any case, all the best.

If I am writing anything more than a few sentences on any online forum/form/email etc then I always write it out in a word processing program and copy and paste it for posting. Saved me a lot of trouble over the years.

Thanks guys i was just mad as hell after loosing my work and had a temper tantrum ( perhaps need a spanking for being so upset ) LOL

I write a lot of long reviews and responses on the forums. Because I do this frequently (and not just on LH), I have gotten into the habbit over the years of copying the text of my post before submission. This is rarely done when reviewing/responding on phone or ipad - which I am doing a lot more.

Its super hard to write a website (trust me, I've written over 1000 in my life), positive feedback does help.

Please don't give up.!!
I've lost reviews etc during the time I have been on the site and have now learned how to share my posts and reviews to my Notebook which has saved me a lot of heartache. I didn't realise until now that you could be timed out so I will need to watch out for that one.
Your replies and help would obviously have been greatly appreciated and it is kind of you to put in such effort so please think again now that you have counted to ten and taken a few deep breaths.!!x