Minor website gripes

Hello! Love the Love Honey sites for the most part. Quick comments though:

Hitting the back button after looking at a product returns to the start of the category or search list. Can be 100s of items long to have to scroll back through.

Lots of logins (my security settings probably aren’t helping). I have to login and relogin constantly. It can cause goofs. For example, I posted two reviews as “nk4043” instead of “nk3030” (my Community handle). Can you help “reassign” these so they are attached to my Community accout?

Thanks!

@Lovehoney_Brenna is your go to girl for stuff like this. You can also catch her on community@lovehoney.co.uk. She might be able to re assign your reviews. If not, customer care is also your next point of call :blush:

1 Like

Thanks @ChloJakes. Still getting a handle on the forum mechanics. I don’t see a direct message option. Is the normal way just to @ them in a post?

@Lovehoney_Brenna, can you help with reassigning? Not a big deal if not. Thanks!

Hi,

What platform are you using? The going back to the top might be a specific problem on a certain platform that the tech team can fix. I tend to just use my phone (android) and on a long list when I click back it does go back to the right place. Sometimes gets it slightly wrong to start with while still loading pictures but always the right place after a few seconds.

As @ChloJakes said, I’m sure Brenna can move your reviews to the correct place on Monday. How come you have different handles? Though, I have to sign in each time to post reviews or shop on the main site I’m permanently signed in here and thankfully both my handles are the same! :thinking:

Using iPhone/Safari. Maybe I’m being impatient…will check.

Didn’t intend to have multiple handles! Typo’d while unintentionally being logged out.

Thanks

I’m afraid it’s an Apple thing.

And here’s the info if you need to change a username/combine accounts. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Knew @Ian_Chimp would have the full answers! :+1:

Hopefully that will at least fix your second problem @nk3030 . Not going to lie, feeling very happy to have a Samsung now as that would indeed drive me nuts!

I use the long press and Open in Background to open the item in a new tab.

1 Like

@nk3030 They should have been changed to your correct name now :slight_smile:

1 Like