Open Relationship Question

Hi All,

I have a bit of a dilemma that I’m looking to work out and hoping for some advice.

My previous relationship was with a very kind and caring man who also didn’t do sex. For the last 8 years of our relationship we didn’t have sex once.

I’m now a few years on from that and in a relationship with a younger man who is incredible, including sexually.

He asked for us to have an open relationship which I agreed to and we set rules we were both comfortable with.

This isn’t something I’ve ever done before, although I have always thought it was a good idea. The problem I’m having is that I am becoming really jealous and paranoid and would like to rein that in. I’m also constantly thinking too old and I’m not good enough.

I’m hoping that maybe some of the more Open Relationship experienced people might have some suggestions or ideas on how I adjust my thinking on this.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Welcome back @DragonChild

It obviously isn’t what you want…it’ll be difficult to carry on as it is as it’s started to affect your mental health…and you’ll be on that slippery slope of constantly beating yourself up and losing all your confidence and self esteem.

Just because you agreed to the rules doesn’t mean you have to carry on if they’re not working for you.

Have another chat and tell him how you feel…I think going from a long term relationship with no sex to an open relationship in one step may be too much for you.

Talk it through and don’t continue with something you’re not happy with.

Good Luck.

5 Likes

Not for me, but if your feeling jealous it sounds like it’s not for you either…
Time to head in another direction

1 Like

As somebody in an open relationship, I can tell you straight that you shouldn’t be feeling jealousy or paranoia at all. Needs addressing with the OH.

2 Likes